Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Charlie, so pleased the heat is helping you, and that you are doing so well.. Maybe because you knew a little about what to expect and it wasn't all unknown territory.. good luck with the PT, I am sure she will work her magic xx
 
Thanks for your advice and good vibes!

Well Dynamite Debbie did it again!!!

Debbie my lovely physio took me in hand today and in 20 minutes of manipulation (albeit painful at times) she increased the movement in my knee by 20 or 30 degrees! She was keen on me getting some stronger painkillers so that I'll be able to increase the movement without the thigh muscles going into spasm through the pain.
At last I can see a light at the end of the tunnel re this "concrete" thigh problem. She did say the soreness wasn't totally unexpected as they'd operated in the same place twice in 2 months!!:DOH:
So I'm seeing her twice next week .... yippee!
Partial weight bearing tomorrow ...... things are movin' :yahoo:

Cheerful Charlie Cyborg
 
Hi Charlie,

Nice to hear that you are feeling cheerful, that is good news & a good report from your PT appointment.

I've had knee tightness for a while as well and it has improved over time. I hope that yours will as well and keep up your work with the heat/ice whichever modality is suggested to be the one for you.

Jasper looks like he is waiting for you to take him out for a walk -- but we probably wouldn't allow this just yet, right....

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi Charlie, just checking in to see how you are. You're an amazing example to us all - so cheery and upbeat, in spite of all you've been through. I bet the lovely Debbie has something to do with it, ha ha! Reminds me, I'm going to check in with Richard my equally lovely acupuncturist, to see if he can help me with my lower back and piriformis pain - though it's a toss-up between the pain his needles cause and the pleasure of his all-round loveliness!
 
Hi Cardie & Jane,

Thanks for your messages.
Yes Jasper ALWAYS wants to take me for a walk!!
Jane, Debbie IS lovely and she does help with keeping my spirits up as all of my BS buddies do!!
What's that Monty Python song? ..... " Always look on the bright side of life ..." (Must be the painkillers!!)

Charlie xx
 
Jo, how wonderful.....

Just got home after a hard day/week.... showed this to John and we both had such a good laugh.. He said, thanks Jo, that was really Cooooooooooool!

Great progress cousin Charlie Cyborg.... Yep, as Cardie said, Jasper has to keep waiting for a bit longer for that run in the meadow.

lol xxxx
 
Thanks to Jen, Jo & Foxy!!??

Jo you have to be careful!! Apparently SOME people can find this outrageously funny clip offensive!:scratch: Lets just hope us Hippies have the sense of humour we all deserve.

Foxy? Where did that come from ... the only thing I have in mind is Jimi Hendix's Foxy Lady?

I've just finished my "new" exercise which entails me sitting on my kitchen table with my legs dangling. I then start pushing my left leg back "bouncing" it against the resisting quads. Gradually it gets a little easier so then I have to apply backwards pressure with my right foot. It seems to be working, stretching those concrete quads, but wow it's really hard work. It's sort of counter intuitive in as much that on a basic level the body always protects itself. Part of this is when we feel pain we stop whatever we're doing to cause that pain .....unless you're a masochist which I definitely am not!!!
Off to my GP this afternoon to see what he can do painwise digits crossed.

Charlie
 
Hi Charlie,

Digits crossed on your visit to the GP from me too. Also, I hope that as you begin to be able to put more weight on your op leg that the muscles will stretch out a bit and stop tantruming. I remember my leg feeling twitchy at times early on and it helped when I'd get upright and on my feet (I was not NWB though...). I also remember the distinct sensation at times in the night when my leg would try to stretch out as I was lying down asleep.

Hope today is good!
Take care,
Cardie
 
Jo you have to be careful!! Apparently SOME people can find this outrageously funny clip offensive!:scratch:
Yes, I know! But it's finally passed into the realms of the classics so nobody really bothers about it any more. Such is life!
 
Hi Charlie... Hope all went well with the GP and sorting out new pain Meds..

John picked the 'Foxy' prefix to Cyborg ..... He needs new glasses I think!

But they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder! .. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

Lots of love Cousin xxxxxxx
 
Hey Charlie,
Glad to hear you are on the mend from the second surgery. You are amazing! So upbeat despite the set back and dealing with that concrete thigh. Sounds like the lovely Debbie will have you back in form in a jiffy.
Anita
 
Thanks beautiful babes!

My GP gave me some Naproxen a strong(ish) NSAID which seems to help with the teeth gritting stretches! It's lovely when I stop!:th_heehee:

The Uk had about 4 or so inches of snow last night which was a cue for travel chaos and people looting food stores ... not really but close to it! We're absolutely hopeless when it snows!
I usually love it and can't wait to get out with my camera and Jasper, he absolutely loves snow and sits by the door whimpering until we let him out to play. He especially loves it when I throw snowballs for him, although he's never worked out where they go to when they hit the ground. He usually digs down to find it!!
But not so much fun this year, the worst thing is that Kate has to drive in the snow which we both hate, she has no confidence and I'm terrified!!! Hey ho it'll all be gone in a couple of days fingers x'd.

Charlie
 
Charlie, naproxin is a very mild pain killer and assuming you are not taking any other pain meds, you could enhance it by taking 2 extra strength Tylenol as well. As per this Tylenol/ibuprofen cocktail. Just substitute the naproxen (as prescribed) for the ibuprofen.
 
The acetaminophen ibuprofen cocktail helped get me through a couple of weeks there. I got the regular strength acetaminophen 325mg so I could take two of each every 4 hours and didn't have to have weird timings.
 
Hi there Charlie....

I saw on the news tonight that there was snow in London. This weather is unbelievable here in OZ... We have catastrophic floods on one side of the country and really high temps on the other side.. we had to out our hcentrsl heating on this morning and then the zircon tonight when we came home from work.

Loved your story about Jasper and the snow balls, I can just picture it..

Stay safe driving Kate :) xx

Hugs for you Charlie xx
 
Hi people thanks for your tips and messages!

Well Delectable Debbie Dynamite did it again ....again!
For those of you that don't know DDD is my Physio who I'm currently seeing twice a week to try to get my concrete quads to relax so that I can bend my knee.
Two weeks ago the knee bend angle was 45 degrees, last week after a session with DDD it got to 70 degrees and after today's session we measured it at 95 degrees!!!:yes 4:
Still quite a way to go but at this rate ......
Snow all but disappeared from my part of the Sceptered Isle but apparently it's going to be -10 C tonight so tomorrow ice would seem to be inevitable:sigh: With my past performance I'm not going anywhere!!:th_heehee:

Hope all's well with the Hippie crew I'll try to catch up the last couple of days posts ... maybe tomorrow as it looks like I'll have time on my hands!

Love & Peace

Charlie
 
Excellent news on the knee Charlie :yay:. And this is all after just two weeks? Hmmm, are you sure you're not really a cyborg? :skeptical:
 
Hey CC

The lovely DDD is really looking after you... well done buddy :)

I think we are all 'cyborgs' Jen :)

Minus 10 - Brrrrrrrrr !!! and I thought it was cold today at 24C getting down to 11C tonight Charlie... Must admit our temps are dropping now, Autumn is closing in fast for us. Crazy weather though, air con one minute, central heating the next!

Lots of love to you Charlie xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom