Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie,

So glad to see you are staying positive....Seriously. I think that is a huge element of how you will be successful.

Good for you...

I wish I could swing by and give you a hand with things but you are quite a drive away!! Another time perhaps. :thumb:

Z
 
Charlie

How are you doing?

It must be frustrating for you being laid up again and not being able to take your dog for those walks.

I posted a link to a Youtube video in the Social Room which I think perfectly illustrates the possible pitfalls of walking the dog.

It amused me.

You'll be out and about on those walks before you know it.

All the best

Dave
 
Thanks Z & Dave,

Z you must be at about the same stage as I am, how's it going?

Dave I love the Fenton (Benton) vid it makes me cry with laughter, I've been there .... the guy even says what I say when my dog's gone off uncontrollably! Brilliant!

Charlie
 
Charlie,

I am doing better than I deserve and will confess that your setback has inspired me to be all the more diligent about not taking chances....I'm not saying you did (take chances), but I probably have that tendency. Pushing the limits and "getting back on the field" has been a mistake that I've made too many times BUT I have been much better about it as I've gotten older. :wink1:

I also realize there are plenty of more milestones to go....and will take each week and what I need to do to maximize my chances of success seriously.

So...if you don't mind, I will use you as a reminder that being overly cautious for awhile is not all bad.

And I will hope that YOU progress in a straight line towards your recovery with no add'l detours...

Z
 
Charlie

".........the guy even says what I say when my dog's gone off uncontrollably!........." Brilliant!

Exactly me as well, which is why I was amused by it

Take Care

Dave
 
So it was "just one of those things" caused by partially by overdoing things and maybe over confidence but mostly by just plain bad luck.

That really is such bad luck, Charlie. However, as others have said, staying positive is the key to a full recovery. No problem there then. :thumb:
 
Happy Monday morning from OZ Charlie

Love you, love you, love you for always being so positive CC. You are without a doubt my inspiration!

I read what happened, it was bad luck Charlie, an accident and as you say, you refuse to be a victim - my other half just said with that attitude, you are SAS material -
'who dares wins' is their motto..
He said 'say hi to Charlie' - he should just get on and post himself to you I think instead of talking through me... cheeky isn't he!

So, what T.V. shows and dvd's are you lining up to watch?

At least as you say, you know how to go about your recovery and rehab and you have all the right gear!

Just checked your time over there, seems to be 12 hours the difference with our daylight saving, so you will soon be getting ready for noddy land - how are you sleeping now CC?

Today is my last Monday off, of my phased return to work.. Next week back to full time, so as soon as other half heads off to work, I am going to enjoy a quiet breakfast watching an early morning inspirational hour on T.V and then.... Well nothing really.. Don't have my car at the moment, so am housebound also.

Be good Charlie, big hugs xx
 
Hi Charlie,

Sending lots of love from Dallas!

I haven't stopped thinking about you and your fall since you posted earlier in the week. Oyyyyyyy you did what probably all of us fear big time! You are very brave and positive for a situation that pretty much sucks! That's the best grammar I could come up with this evening. Hope you rebound quickly, painlessly and safely and get back to walking Jasper!

Love the video..Dave posted that was funny! By saying Jesus Christ every second was he thinking he was going to pop down and help hahahahah!

Night Night!

xxooxx
 
Charlie....noooooooooooo.....

I was just catching up on your thread when I read about your effort to fly. Hon...your wings just aren't properly developed yet and you need to keep both feet firmly on the ground for a while longer.

Seriously....I'm so sorry you took a fall and ended up with such injuries. But I do believe you'll come back and be just fine. From now on you really, really must be careful, though!
 
Heartfelt thanks for all your messages of commiseration and importantly support!

I think I may be in danger of becoming an example of what NOT to do!!:hysterical: No not you Z!! ... thanks for being so honest and I'm really pleased that you have taken positive things from my experience it means a lot.

Sandy give my best to John and say hello, I'm flattered that he thinks I have the SAS mindset .... now if those letters stood for "Silly (you know) Society" I'd agree with him.:th_heehee: and yes Sandy I'm sleeping for Britain at the mo catching up on my reading, Jo Nesbo is author of choice at this time, gritty Norwegian crime thrillers.

I'm remaining very positive and my exercises are well ahead of where I was the first time around without overdoing it .....I promise!

Love

Charlie
 
Hiya Charlie Tuesday morning from OZ

Pleased your are progressing so well with rehab.. You are an inspiration to me Charlie xx

No, stick to the Special Air Services (SAS) the boys always used to say it should have been called the Special Air Circus because they all used to do silly things... Build things, blow them up straight away, correction, blow up the wrong thing, use too much explosive so all was obliterated... They were just being boys! Having fun!

You have fun today Charlie, thinking of you with much love xx

p.s. Please don't get out your explosives though, stick to reading xxxx John once again says hello !
 
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie,
I have just caught up with your thread and I cannot find the words (or post them) to describe how I feel about your nasty fall. I am so sorry to hear of the setback, but glad to see that you are maintain ing your sense of humor - the image of skateboarding cracked me up. Sending you a big hug from the Big Apple and wishing you a speedy recovery, so maybe you could take up sky diving next.
Anita
 
:hate-shocked:OMG Charlie! I just saw your revision date! Didn't realize you fell on the mother of all days for bad luck! Friday the 13TH!

Funny story about that date...Bill's mother was in labor with him in September of 1936...Friday the 13th!.. she did everything in her power I am told, to not give birth to him that day, actually refusing to go to the hospital.

She was so afraid he would have bad luck his whole life if he was born on Friday the 13th. Well, he was and he did :th_heehee:! Pretty much until he met me many years ago :loll:...

So it was the date Charlie, nothing that you did..:skeptical:
 
Oh Charlie, I just saw the post about your fall. I am so sorry. Those freak accidents are the worst. But you sound so positive that I'm sure this next stage of recovery will go well. Hugs to you :friends:.
 
Hi Charlie,

Hope you are doing ok and have been able to explain to Jasper why you are taking a break from the walks... :doggieshmooze:

Stick to the books & tv and steer clear of the skate board and grocery store.

You are still our Optimism Captain,
Cardie
 
HI girls

Thank you so much for your good wishes and support.

Anita I loved you "Charlie Charlie Charlie" greeting I could just imagine your late countryman and actor Marlon Brando saying it .... wonderful!

Janet .... errrrr I actually had my Op on that dreaded date so let's hope that it is an old wives tale (as I believe it is) ... I had my fingers crossed all through the surgery so I think I'll be OK:loll:

I'm having my staples removed (hopefully) tomorrow, last time there were 32 of them, this time there will be more ..... any guesses? We could run a little competition! The best guess wins a prize (cyber prize of course).

Love to you all,

Charlie
 
Oops, my bad Charlie...I just assumed they operated the day of the accident. I actually went back to the hospital on the 2nd and my surgery was done on the 6th so I should have guessed.

Never mind, you will be good as new in no time :wink1: as now you'll be a pro at this recovery stuff! And in a short while, I hope I will be too!
 
Hmmm...32 on the first time? Then my guess is 50! What's the cyber prize Charlie? Hows about a "No Falls for Life" pass for those of us that seem to have a problem with staying vertical :DOH:....

I remember when both Jo & Jamie fell this past summer and I was horrified and being so careful not to. Then the darn infection from whatever bit me, made my knees keep feeling like they were dislocating and one turn and KABOOM! down I went like a ton of bricks :loll:!

I honestly have not been right since and am having an MRI or CT scan so that when I have #2 done, they can remove the wires providing they find nothing else wrong with #1, fingers crossed...
 
Hi you lovely people,

Just had my staples out:yay: ........ 49 of them!!
The nurse was well impressed, she remembered me from the last time and looked a little peculiarly at me when I told what I was there for ... she thought she was having deja vu and was much relieved when I explained the situation.
Anyway she said the Surgeon had made a fantastic job of cutting and "sewing', extremely neat and a beautiful line!
I was relieved. I wasn't quite sure, as he'd gone in along the line of the first incision, whether the wound would be a bit of a dog's dinner but apparently not.
Perhaps I'll get a shot of it and post it on the badges of honour section!

I feel I can get on with my exercises a bit better now I've had the staples out maybe it's just psychological but progress is progress.

Got a Physio (PT) appointment tomorrow which should be interesting!

Charlie
 
This is NOT a process that we want to become experts at Charlie!

I like your variation on a saying. I used to work with a Scottish gentlemen who would descibe ugly business situations as " a bit of a pig's breakfast..."

Your "dog's dinner" is a very clear change of pace!

Z
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom