THR Wcgirl again painting rainbows

Hope you are having a good day so far, @wcgirl, and happy Halloween! Do you get many trick or treaters at your house? We have candy but live on a private road with no street lights so seldom get many. Fortunately, my husband followed strict orders and got a bag of candy that I don't like. Otherwise, having candy around the house is a terrible idea for a recovering hippy who is basically lounging around and doesn't need the sugar!
 
A late morning- practicing for Fall Back time change! I guess I’m catching up to the time when everyone wants to bake. Made cheesy biscuits to have w chili (very mild). I’m making more time for doctor protocol exercises. I’m hoping to get rid of log leg in anticipation of follow up appointment w surgeon on Monday. I’m also able to Do golfers reach as I’m steadier on my feet. Now I can get involved w Kitchen duties and laundry. It feels good. Today is 1st without blood thinner. (Had to postpone wine last night) I now have so much sympathy for anyone who needs it! I was so chilled it was hard to use the ice machine without shivering and causing muscle spasms. It’s behind me now and I can feel things loosening up as the swelling is subsiding. Yes, @Barbaraj, a good day.
 
You sound well for this point in recovery. Keep it going.
As you know from past experience, it keeps getting better and better!
A happy Thursday to you!
@wcgirl
 
Hey, there, @wcgirl! Yum...cheesy biscuits sound delicious with chili, a nice fall meal. And I love the "golfer's reach" which I read about on this forum and mastered fairly early on. Very useful, and I never needed a grabber as a result. I was lucky enough to have an anterior approach surgery which meant no restrictions (except for the "if it hurts, don't do it") so no concerns about my form in mastering various twisting and turning techniques to get me through my recovery day. Glad to hear the swelling is subsiding a bit, and here's to "log leg" easing as well in time for next week's doctor visit. Little by little, every day at this stage, you will probably be able to do just a bit more, and it really feels good, I think--nothing like a score of small accomplishments daily to send you to bed with a smile on your face. Have a good November 1!
 
Sweet release! The swelling that reached from my knee and travelled down to the sole of my foot is gone. I able to bend my knee and no more twinges when showering & dressing this morning. I’m on my way to driving! Beep beep! :driver:
 
Wahoo, @wcgirl! Isn't it nice when that swelling goes down and you no longer have a "thunder thigh" and you are able to bend without discomfort? It must feel wonderful, or a "sweet release" as you've noted. I'm looking forward to driving as well. I am being good and waiting until next Tuesday's 6 week check-in, although I suspect I probably could have driven now but I'm exercising (somewhat unusually for me) and excess of caution as I was told IF I drove before 6 weeks and got into an accident "it will absolutely be YOUR FAULT". Anyway, I am definitely looking forward to getting back some of my freedom and independence. You'd never think a solo trip to the drug store or quick stop at the library would be that thrilling but, oh, it will be! Have a great Saturday!
 
@wcgirl Youbare having an excellent recovery. Great to see for your sake , and a super example for me to follow with #2 surgery coming up in just under a couple of weeks!

For some reason I just assumed that I had to wait six weeks post op as my first was my right leg. When I saw my OS at six weeks he said I had been good to drive as soon as I was off the narcotic drugs and was able to stop suddenly. I came home and quickly practiced in the driveway and was then :driver:!
I find I pivot my size 8 foot from gas to break pedals and back again with out even having to lift my leg. I still have to pivot my legs into the car though.

Enjoy your weekend!
 
:egypdance:Glad things are improving.
Remember to take things slow and easy still...but great that you are able to drive and not feel so stranded!
As soon as I figured out I could, I really didn't want to anymore:umm:
Kind of liked having a,chauffeur!
All will keep getting better and better!
Great job!:tada:
 
Happy Sunday, @wcgirl. May it be bright and sunny in your part of the world, or at least not storming away. I hope the swelling continues to dissipate and your mood is cheerful and positive today. Cheers!
 
Hi :hi: Happy Sunday!
Woohoo for driving. That's always a great milestone. Did you get out on the big bad road yet?
Hope today is a good day and the upcoming week even better.
Swelling down, twinges gone, fresh and clean, rarin to go!
@wcgirl
 
Happy Monday, @wcgirl, and hope things are looking up for you in Cape Cod! Cool and overcast day here, but I flipped on the gas fireplace this morning as I was sipping my morning latte and perusing the newspaper, so feeling like a good start to my day, with no chores except a trip to the grocery store at some point. It's a new week, closer to full recovery for all of us--have a good day, maybe something fun to distract you? Build those sorts of things into your weekly routine, they are wonderful to anticipate and can lift our spirits. Cheers.
 
Had surgeon follow up and I’m cleared to drive and to fly! I just need to get behind the wheel 1st. Celebrating tonight. Cheers! :driver:
 
Hi @wcgirl
Congrats! Wonderful news :driver:
Hope your week is sunny and bright. :SUNsmile:
 
Wahoo on the good news, @wcgirl--now out on the open highway with your car, revved up and ready to go! Got released to drive myself, and intend to make a SUPER exciting trip to the grocery store on my own this afternoon.
 
Yes, @Barbaraj, great Busy day today! Vacuumed and did some housecleaning for friends bringing lunch for a nice long social visit. Drove - to the library! - freedom! Then 1st outpatient PT visit with massage on my incision then into the pool for easy range of motion laps. Hot shower and out to the local Irish pub for 1/2 pint Guinness, dinner & some music. I’m pooped but a great day! Good luck on your drive too!
:cheers:
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Sounds like you're doing well and had a busy and fun day today. Good for you.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
@wcgirl
 
Sounds like things are going well for you, @wcgirl--getting out in your car, outpatient PT, a fun lunch at the Irish Pub! All of these things must, I am sure, give you a feeling of progress and increasing independence. I'm back to driving when and where I want, without any problems. I drove myself to my first PT visit this morning, and a trip to the gym yesterday (where I foolishly pushed myself too hard) and drove granddaughter to and from her ballet lesson. It is very nice to have my own set of wheels again, and not be dependent upon my husband. He's been a wonderful and accommodating chauffeur, but it was limiting. Today he left around 7:00 AM for a meeting, and won't be home until midafternoon. It's a miserable, wet day out there and if I were unable to get out and about (not that a PT appointment is all that exciting but still!) I would be a whiny, crabby wife when he arrived home. Anyway, good for you--life sounds like it's definitely on the upswing!
 
Thanks for stopping by @Barbaraj, @Layla, @Alitm, and @Mojo333. Yes, so nice to start feeling like myself. I had a busy day yesterday so today I was mostly a laze around day w one lazy walk.
I’m starting to leave my walking aids all over the house. But I’m not quite ready to leave them behind! So I gingerly walk from counter to doorframe reaching for the closest one and wondering how I got marooned in the first place! This noon I went to pick something off the floor the wrong way and ouchy wawa that hurt!
My 2 sons and one daughter in law each have spent a week w me and that all ends tomorrow. Over the past 3 weeks they have each made me wonderful healthy meals, helped me return to my daily activities, and entertained me. Each one was able to ‘work from home’ - Ain’t technology grand! I was so relieved to be back to driving. I don’t want them to worry about me getting along independently.
I’ve got this.
:swim::driver::yahoo:
 
Last edited:
One month only...and doing very well.
Still lots of healing happening so do keep all slow.
You DO have this!:tada:
 
Now that I can be more active I find that I’m up early & hungry. And when the mornings starts a bit dreary- I hop right back in bed to read or sleep in a bit. I’m on Cape Cod and November can be a rainy & windy month. We are having a mild month so far. Had heavy rains last night. today will clear w blue skies, winds 20-50 and in the low 50’s. Most of the leaves are on the ground. Fall was late and just a week ago we had brilliant color on the treetops at the sunset. Some looked like they were on fire w oaks of reds & orange, and a maple turned a flaming yellow. Today I have a hair appointment can’t wait! Wondering when I won’t need the sock tool and I can clip my toenails. When I can do that I’ll be one happy lady. Nurse discouraged a pedicure yet. But my hair - this is good.
Funny, my children all bought all their favorite foods while they were here. There’s a bakery they walk to... it’s like they are teenagers again!
:wow:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom