THR Wcgirl again painting rainbows

Oh my stars...glad all that was injured was car and pole!
I'm not sure that pole was there when you parked?:heehee:
Hope you have a great trip.:happydance:
 
Hi there, Happy Saturday and Happy Two Month Anniversary!
So sorry about your accident, I'm sure it was sobering to realize how easily and quickly accidents can happen.
Thankfully you're okay.
Want to wish you a happy holiday season in the midst of your recovery. I hope you're able to enjoy the time with all those you hold dear.
@wcgirl
:merry christmas:
 
Thank you @Mojo333 $ @Layla. I’m doing well. I did have a question. I had Lovenox injections. I do have a couple of small lumps where I had black & blues from the shots. I don’t remember having them w my first hip. Is there anything I can do - massage them away? Thank you! Enjoy this Holiday season.
:box:
 
I had Lovenox injections. I do have a couple of small lumps where I had black & blues from the shots. I don’t remember having them w my first hip. Is there anything I can do - massage them away?
I looked like a pin cushion after these injections. Try a bit of arnica cream. The spots will quickly fade.
 
Oh @Jaycey the pin pricks & bruises are gone now. When I bend over at my waist with pressure I find a couple of small lumps where I was injecting the lovenox.
 
couple of small lumps where I was injecting the lovenox
Hmm... were you injecting the same area over and over again. Our article in the Library suggests you don't do this. Sounds like just a bit of local reaction to the medication. I wouldn't worry about this. Should clear up now that you are no longer needing the injections.
 
Oh, goodness, @wcgirl, glad to hear you're alright, although I am sure the accident was scary and a bit mortifying. I hope you didn't experience any after effects or, if you did, then PT helped to get the kinks out. I think driving at first, no matter when you feel you're up to it, can be a bit anxiety producing initially. But I also know that perfectly healthy, non-recovering folks are involved in accidents and I'm betting that recovering hip patients are NOT overly represented in accident statistics. We are all aware of the need for caution and care. Anyway, hope you are doing okay and by today the accident is a bad memory but no more. Happy Monday!
 
Thanks @Barbaraj. Its a bad memory and will be taken care of. I left bitter cold and soon to be snowy Cape Cod. I’m in FL to continue my rehab in warmer weather where I don’t have to suit up to stay warm. Yesterday (at 9 weeks) was a long travel day. Today I’m getting settled and resting in between. Just a little achy.
 
10 weeks I’m starting to walk upstairs step over step. A little nervous yet going down. Not in the pool yet. It needs an adjustment. Still need my 30 minutes stretch out. :alarm: Trying to walk but need to get to the track nearby. Macadam is sooo hard! I’ve postponed Christmas until January! My gift to me! My decorations are up but shopping has been impossible. It’ll be nice when I can focus totally on gifting when I can take my time. Home repair work should be completed 1st week of the new year. :yes!:
 
You're doing well, taking it slow and easy.
Congrats on graduating from the toddler stair stepping. That's a milestone!
Christmas can wait till January, February, March...or there's always next year, lol.
I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
@wcgirl
 
@wcgirl Congratulations on going up one over one on the stairs! Great idea on postponing Christmas until January! Enjoy the warm weather! :flwrysmile:
 
Happy New Years everyone! I'm looking forward to 2019 and a return to 'normal' activities!
 
Happy New Year.:flwrysmile:
It's a-coming...increased strength and stamina.
All well with it in the end!:ok:
 
Happy New Year to you too.
It's almost your 3 month anniversary for righty.
You'll soon be back to normal activity, Woohoo!
All the best in 2019 :)
@wcgirl
 
Happy new year, @wcgirl! Love your idea of postponing Christmas and doing it in January, a smart move for a recovering hipster! And how lovely that you are able to go to Florida to continue your recovery in a warmer, sunny climate. I think, if nothing else, the more pleasant weather will boost your mood and, in time, that hip will be getting stronger and stronger and you'll be bounding up the stairs easily. I will happily imagine you walking outside to a small patio/deck with a table and chair, and having your morning coffee or tea on a sunny morning. It's pretty chilly here in the PNW, but my gas fireplace is on and it's pretty cozy inside. Still, warm temperatures and sunshine--how lovely. Enjoy!
 
Busy busy after a short uneventful flight. I only travel with a carryon and ship a box to arrive when I do. I have workers here repairing 2017 hurricane damage. I have settled in the guest room and bath, hoping that the work would be done last week. Guests will be here in & out for the month, 3 nights at a time. Had a couple in for grilling and just getting everything out to entertain required a 'built-in' 30 minutes of rest. I was also moving patio furniture around. So I took the next day off! Both hips were angry. I do keep my cane handy. Went to some Holiday lighting promenades and protected 'my space'. I did delay holiday shopping and that worked out great. With the nice weather I often forget that I'm recovering from major surgery! 30 minutes pretty much does the trick. I told a friend about the energy drain and she asked if there was a pill for that! :heehee:
 
Totally agree with your friend, @wcgirl--sure wish there was a pill for energy drain. I am a couple weeks ahead of you and I will say that my energy feels pretty good IF, and this is big if, I don't overdo things. But even then, it's not so much energy drain as it is aching hips. But aching hips often translate into overall body exhaustion. Barring that, however, I do feel as if I've got a reasonable amount of energy daily. Sounds like you're getting settled into your Florida digs, and I can imagine that sunshine and warmer temperatures are doing a lot to boost your spirits and also help physically. Sunshine just broke out a few minutes ago, so maybe it will be a nice day for a change. Of course, our temperatures will NOT be even close to what you're probably enjoying. But relax, enjoy yourself and don't overdo things with that revolving door of guests that you will have over the next month. If they don't know--and if they are friends they SHOULD--you should definitely be reminding them that you've had hip surgery only three months ago and aren't up to fighting strength and could definitely use extra help and consideration. This is a time in your life when you definitely get to MILK the situation for all it's worth! Have a great day!
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you're busy and doing well. Good for you!
Balancing activity with rest can be tricky, takes some trial and error.
Energy drain is a drag for sure but thankfully it gets better and better.
Hope you have a nice week!
@wcgirl
 
So glad you are sounding well.
2019 will be a golden year!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom