THR Wcgirl again painting rainbows

All the best on Monday!

Last edited:
:wave:
Very soon you can say Bye Bye to Hip Pain!:ok:
Will be thinking of you as you begin your recovery journey!

You're almost there :happydance:
We'll be here waiting to cheer you on as you're healing.
I hope you have a peaceful weekend and do something you enjoy.
Wishing you comfort as you await Monday.
@wcgirl

Oopsie daisy....here you go, hippy :)

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each, member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice. @wcgirl

Last one...AND done @wcgirl !:happydance:
See you soon on the healing side!:yes!:

Joining the others @wcgirl - good luck for Monday! I remember you from 2015 when my hip was done. I'm sure you'll be just fine :flwrysmile:

Congrats on surgery, @wcgirl--let the recovery begin! I found the first week pretty tiring but now, in week 2, things are looking up and I'm cautiously optimistic that, yes, I will get to the end of my journey--not as quickly as I'd like, of course, but it is going to happen. Hope all's going well.

Packing my bags for hospital & rehab. 1:30 surgery tomorrow. Prayers are appreciated. I'm as ready as can be -- I've worked hard to be strong and healthy. :angel:

:praying: you've got this!

Sent up a prayer :prayer:
Let us know how you're doing when you're able.
I hope your pain is well controlled and you're able to get lots of rest, while on ice :ice:
Happy healing!
@wcgirl

All good so far. 1st meds in the room were wrong -- new guy. Always good to have a conversation! OxyContin gives me the jitters. No wonder I'm wide awake. Maybe surgery high? All set now.
GoSox!

Great news! Congrats and Welcome to Recovery :welome:
I hope your pain is well controlled and you're resting comfortably.
Stop back often, we'd love to follow your progress.
Wishing you a peaceful night.
@wcgirl

Remembering how to get out of bed. Need to use good leg to help scouch. Ouchy!:gaah: Waiting for meds Dilaudin. Nurse Changeover time -- Note to self. :shrug:
Good ball game to distract.
11:30pm-12am. Pee, vitals, need meds & ice. One complaining nurse. Unusual.
Midnite Best Nurse Ever just came in.
:loveshwr:

Last edited:
Ok. Best nurse has me waiting longer than I should for meds. I've got my timer on. Finally got ice from grumpy nurse...

Just got dilaudin in vein in drop. I was an 8/9 by the time 2 pills kicked in. Day nurse said 3 pills in 2 1/2hrs. Once I asked about Docs protocol for meds she found another way to help me. Not sure I totally understood her. I was never in this pain last Hip. Bu nothing is ever the same. I'll discuss w Doc in the morning. Just got vitals and will try to get sleep.

Congratulations, @wcgirl , you've done it.
I wish you a fast and painless recovery and the equanimity to whether out the things you can't change = grumpy nurse (hihihi).
All the best from Constanze

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom