Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Just jumping in here before WB gets back.:-) My OS highly recommends the knee sleeves to help deter swelling and help support the knee. I don't know about overnight but I sometimes wear a neoprene sleeve on my non-op knee that's been complaining lately and a copper embedded nylon sleeve on the bionic knee when I know I'm going to be out and about for a few hours.
 
Hmmm, that's a good question. You thinking it will do the same as the wrap? Well I just happen to have one from when I wore a brace all the time. I will try it to night and let you know.

Man she's fast, like @SeptemberZen said, so won't hurt to try.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don't think it will do much good if you still have sensitivity on your scar, I was just thinking about after that was gone. But maybe it would be ok even with some sensitivity because at least there would be no rubbing against the sheets. If you try it, I'll be interested to hear what you think. @SeptemberZen - do you prefer one over the other type of sleeve & if so, why?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If I could afford the exspensive Egyptian cotton with a gazillion threads, that would be great.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry, I'm in a bad mood because I am working on taxes and turbo tax still has me owing a sizable chunk.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My mood has improved, the chuck is manageable I think. Still have home business deductions and they should do the trick. I hate this time of year. I should have done this before the surgery


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No PT today, but personnel at home PT. Did the stair exercise by working my way up and down the flight of stairs toy basement. Liked that better than what we did at PT. Got so nice long stretches done, I only exerted small efforts then let hold and relaxed and massaged. Actually felt good afterwards. Here is my knee scare at 36 days post op.
[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<


The scare has flattened out nicely. It is no longer sensitive and I am able to cross kneed it to get it to flatten and reduce the scar tissue.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have found massaging the back of the leg and front at night before going to sleep makes huge difference and it feels so much more relaxed I get hubby to do that for me and for someone not into massaging he is doing a brilliant job


20/01/2015
 
If only I could have gone Bilateral.
O well, right now I plan to see how long the left will last. As far as time and patience, I believe that totally. Been there in another surgery. The knee is totally different, I am so surprised how what I thought and what was actual can both line up and diverge. From Disney this is truly Mr. Todds wild ride.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I absent mindedly have caught myself rubbing and massaging mine a lot lately. Maybe since the scar desensitized its easier.

I have one of these heat and vibrate massage units that is a flat metal plate that both heats and vibrates. It has attachments. Has anyone ever used one on the knee. I was thinking of the heat and vibrate for the back. I am scared to use it because I don't want to do anything to damage the implant. Any advise her from @referee54, @vinny, @Josephine, @kneeper, or anyone else?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did use a heating pad on my quads and on my hamstrings, to loosen them up and to stretch them---and I would use ice on them afterwards.

If you have a plain heating pad, or one that you can use with moist heat, I would use that on the muscles only---applying heat to a knee joint (or any joint for that matter) will cause a rise in blood flow to the site and fluids will arrive---causing more stiffness and swelling.
 
It is very very hard to damage the implant itself...breaking a bone may do it but massage most certainly would not....unless the massage unit can break a bone...the implant is not healing it is everything around and connected to it as in everything moderation is the key and I found massage excellent and a great way to improve my ROM when my PT did it....


Vinny
 
Okay, as my ROM has improved the cracking, clicking, and popping from the knee joint has increased. I read some that said it will eventually go away. But it is worse than my non-op knee is noise wise. It doesn't hurt, it's just irritating and I can feel it when it catches. I will see the OS on Monday, defiantly going to make sure he knows and looks into it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I clunk all the time in both knees and am told it may go away. My so sure. Most early morning and find if I walk with heel striking ground first it does not make noise

Vinny
 
I was umpiring a baseball game last night and every time I would get in my stance, I could feel a tendon pop over my implant.

I can hear mine still from time to time, but, for the most part, I guess that I have become desensitized to it.

I am betting that there is nothing at all wrong with your new knee.
 
I think my clunking is the Patella ligament/tendon ..OS says don't worry unless it hurts...
 
Okay, as my ROM has improved the cracking, clicking, and popping from the knee joint has increased. I read some that said it will eventually go away. But it is worse than my non-op knee is noise wise. It doesn't hurt, it's just irritating and I can feel it when it catches. I will see the OS on Monday, defiantly going to make sure he knows and looks into it.

My right knee replacement is over three years old and it still clunks and clicks from time to time. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular activity. It doesn't hurt, so I ignore it. No one else seems to hear it.

Much of the noise is caused by metal and plastic clunking together. Before the operation, you had cartilage and soft tissue there and they didn't make a noise.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom