Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Okay, but it so irritating. I will wait it out and hope it improves.

I just got graduated? PT days I am done. I did flights of stairs, danced around the room without my cane, maxed the balance boards, and I'm up to 20 min on machines. So unless my OS says do more I'm on my own PT. Somehow I feel a little sad.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I only have one PT left. They let me know unless the OS orders more, Friday is it. So they put me through all the daily activity tests. I did a flight of stairs both up and down the regular way one foot on each. Walked around for ad and backwards without the cane. Did the balance board for the required minute. And did all the cardio machines for 20 min.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So I went ad did personal PT at the facility today. Meant a lady one week ahead of me. She complained about the sleep issues she had. Told her about the wrap, you should have seen the look on her face, she never heard of it. I pointed her to the forum, which she also never heard of. Maybe we will have another member soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last PT report:

So I had surgery on March 9. 2015
So now I am 39 days out or a little shy of 6 weeks.

On my first PT day my flex was 50 today I am 120
On my first PT day extension to flat was 20 today I am 0.
My knee size was 47cm. today it's 43cm.
My endurance rate was 1/5 now it's 4/5
My pain levels stared at 7-8. now I am 0-1.

The PT was very pleased, she said my recovery was incredible and
the best she has seen. She feels my willingness to come in on off days,
PT at home, and my desire to improve and get back to work has really helped.

I am on only one Tramadol at night and maybe an aspirin or anti inflammatory during the day.

I start back to work next week half days then do to full days the following week if I am able.

I can tell you that the help, guidance and advice I received here has helped me greatly.
I will continue contributing to the forum and report as I go, but I wanted to let everyone know
I am greatfull and very happy.

WB




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a great result :-) Well done.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just what I needed to hear as I begin the journey for real on Tuesday. Congratulations.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great job WB! Keep up the good work....hopefully work will be an easy transition for you...have a great weekend!
 
My next report will be after my 6 week appt on Monday with my OS and X-rays.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
WB your numbers are impressive my surgery buddy :). I am returning to work on Monday too. It's hard to believe it's already been 6 weeks, the time flew by. Enjoy your weekend, I plan on being out abs about today as its a beautiful day.


Brenda
 
Had a funeral at church today and I was asked to run the sound. I got there early, set up and starts what ended up being at lest 6-8 trips up and down a flight of stairs to prep for the funeral. I gave up trying to do the normal by trip 3 back to the peg leg one at a time. Paying for my willingness to do a good job. Ice and elevate and rest the remainder of the day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Stairs are tough. I'm 11 months post TKA and they still give me problems. The patellar tendon is still tight. And my bad left knee just doesn't like stairs at all. So I still take stairs one step at a time. After my left knee is replaced I'm sure stairs won't be a problem anymore!
 
Take it easy tomorrow if you can WB..stairs are a nuisance to say the least! I try to do them the correct way but it depends how much of a hurry I am in and if anyone is behind me...usually by the 2nd or 3rd stair I am peg legging it done or doing the 1 legged hop holding on to the rails and sliding down, scares the bejesus out of the hubby!
 
My problem, at least what my PT said, was my year or so in the off-loader brace weakened the from quads so much. When I went to PT after surgery I couldn't even lift my leg up below he knee. Now I can and do strait leg raises, but my leg hurts like fire when I do stairs or the seated stands after a bit. They are so weak, this is gonna take a long time to recover from.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think my quad is still weak. I just think it takes awhile for total complete healing. I've read 12-18 months.
 
Back
Top Bottom