TKR Walking without an aid?<

Oh, Crissy! I pray that this next surgery goes well and you don't face anything like those blisters, cellulitis, etc. You had to have so much pain! So very very sorry.
 
Just caught up on your thread. Wow, I never knew something like this could happen. Just your luck, right? I sure hope your next surgery is trouble-free. You've gone through enough!
 
@phrog and @SusieShoes........Thank you ladies for thinking of me. Hopefully all goes as it is supposed to go this next surgery. Could really do without all the extra pain that's a fact. Have a great day!!
 
@OJ2....Thank you !!!! Everybody send positive thoughts the day of surgery !! Have a great day!
 
I went to see my grandson at the hospital a couple weeks ago and noticed they had signs that said "Empathy" plastered all over the walls. Do people really have to be reminded that they should show a little understanding and kindness to others these days??
Oh Crissy, I really had a belly laugh at that! It's incredible, isn't it? When I was still working in the NHS, some brainy pundit (think it emanated from the Royal College of Nursing, would you believe!) decided we should all wear badges like this

[Bonesmart.org] Walking without an aid?<


I mean really!! Do we really have to rely on patients to remind us to wash our hands! :doh::shrug:

Wow, I never knew something like this could happen.
Quite so, Susie - but it has to be said that it is extremely rare which is why doctors are so at a loss about it.
 
Oh my gosh Crissy you have been through so much and are such a brave woman! I will cross all my fingers and toes and pray you won't be subjected to the infection or the unsympathetic dumbasses when you get your second knee done! I will be watching for your posts post op! In the meantime, take good care of yourself!
 
@Josephine.....If I go to the hospital and see that button I'm turning around and going right back out the door !!!! Omg, are they serious.....medical professionals being asked if they washed their hands !!!!!

@Canada35......Thank you so much for the well wishes. I'm loaded for bear this time when it comes to Dumbasses !!! Not playing games this time around. This surgery needs to be done and I am more than anxious. But, I have learned a ton of info on this site that I did not know my last go-around !! Everyone have a wonderful day and please pray for Florida.
 
Hi Everyone !!! Just a brief update. Started the procedure to get the left knee replaced. Had my MRI yesterday and that pretty much made me realize surgery is just around the corner. (Nov. 13th) I won't say I'm not nervous because I am. But, there doesn't seem to be that nauseating nervousness I had with the first knee surgery. I've started to get the house ready and even have my holiday rooms decorated. I know I won't feel much like decorating after surgery and I want the grandkids to have that Christmas feeling when they come to visit. Will check in again at a later date as I know the closer this gets the more I will need YOU!!!!!!! Have a great day!
 
I hope things go well for you! And yes, knowledge is power!!! If I ever have to do this again, I will do things and respond differently than I did in my ignorance this last time!

I cannot imagine having those blisters! How can anyone look at them and think you were over reacting.

I will say that my hospital experience was excellent, including how the PT's treated me, I don't have one complaint.

But there will be NO out patient PT if there's a next time!

Hugs to you!
 
Good luck with knee #2, Chrissy! Hopefully you've gotten all the bad luck out of the way. Those blisters...yipes!
 
Will be thinking positive thoughts for you, Crissy. How great a grandma are you to be getting your holidaydecorations up? You have some lucky grandkids. Take care! Hope you will have some gorgeous fall weather to enjoy before your surgery.
 
How adorable that you have all your decorations up! Grandma of the Year, to be sure. And you will be so glad you did it, too, when you are recovering and have your cheery, seasonal decorations to look at. A little music and seasonally appropriate beverages, you can recover in the midst of holiday cheer!
 
Thank you everyone for your replies.......Love all of you !!!!!! (((Hugs)))
 
Hi Everyone......I'm 8 months out from my first knee replacement and getting ready for the second to be done on the 13th of November. I'm still experiencing stiffness with my first replacement when I first get up in the morning and if I sit too long. Anyone else dealing with this issue? My concern is when I have my left knee done I'll have two stiff knees to deal with. Maybe I'm just getting nervous about the upcoming surgery and all the issues ahead?? Thanks for any input!
 
I still have some stiffness in my first knee after sitting for a while. Give it a bit more time and hopefully the stiffness will go away. Remember it takes a year or more for full healing.
 
I get a little of that stiffness still, like you when getting up from sitting for long periods. It's getting less and less.

When you get your second knee done, you may experience less stiffness in your first replaced knee... not because it's magically healed completely, but because you will be back on pain meds. I hurt my shoulder (pulled muscle) and it hurt so much at first that for a couple days I decided to dose myself with the last of my OxyContin pills. My knees had no stiffness at all, nothing, on those days. :wink:

Also, as a bilateral gal, I can assure you that you'll have no additional problems getting around should both knees be stiff. Two aren't any more annoying than one. :sigh:
 
@SusieShoes......I was wondering also if the stiffness could be from my replaced knee doing more of the "work" for both knees? I was getting along so well then the left knee decided to make my life miserable (hence the needed surgery for the left knee). At the same time the numb spot on the right side of my right knee woke up ! What a surprise that was. I had decided it was never going to wake up and was going to deal with it. Zingers coming and going but not painful just annoying. The timing of these two annoyances is undaunting to say the least. Appreciate your putting up with a nervous Nellie !!
 
@crissyP, Oh yes - very stiff in the morning and after sitting or riding in the car any longer than about 20 minutes. I try to do foot pumps in the car and get up and down often when I am sitting. You have just under a month until your next surgery - keeping you in thought and prayer.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom