TKR Walking without an aid?<

It’s similar to your original surgery, except the implants have to come out and new one put in. I think they may need to do something to the bone, but I’m not totally sure. Jamie or Jo will have a better idea.

I totally agree with my friends above, start looking for a second opinion.
 
The revision is a major surgery, but it should be no worse than your original TKR and sometimes can be quite a bit easier to recover from. It will help if you get a good revision surgeon who does a lot of revisions. If you need help finding a surgeon like this, I'll help you. You just need to give me your zip code and tag me in the post so I see it quickly.

Please try not to worry. People have revisions and go on to do really well. You can too. We'll be here to help you through whatever you need to get to that good recovery you're looking for.
 
Thank you so much. I'm on the Iowa borderline also if there is a good Dr. in Iowa. Thanks again !!!
 
@Jamie.....not sure if you saw skigirl's post so I'll post my zip again. It's 61071 and I also live on the Iowa borderline so Iowa is also available to me. Thank you so much !!
 
For some reason I didn't get the tag until your last post, crissyP.....let me do some searching for you.
 
Unfortunately I don't have any surgeons on my list that are closer than Chicago. There were some in Des Moines, but that's even farther for you. Here are the listings from Chicago:

Chicago area

Midwest Orthpedics at Rush
Chicago, IL

877-632-6637

Dr. Scott Sporer

Hip and knee revisions
Speaker at 2018 ICJR workshop on problem hips and knees. I was there and was impressed with him.

Dr. Brett Levine
Complex hip and knee revisions

Dr. Craig Della Valle
Hip and knee revisions. A few of our members have worked with this surgeon and had good reports.

Dr. Richard Berger
Adult reconstruction hip and knee

Dr. Wayne G. Paprosky
Midwest Orthopedics of Rush University Medical Center
Northwestern University Joint Replacement Institute
Winfield, IL
Speaker at 2018 ICJR workshop on problem hips and knees.
Works with patients who have significant bone loss. I was impressed with this doctor too.


Illinois Bone & Joint Institute
847-375-3000
broken link removed: https://www.ibji.com/physicians/jeffrey-goldstein-md
Hip and knee revisions

Crystal Lake Orthopedics

815-398-9491
broken link removed: https://www.rockfordortho.com/physician/frank-bohnenkamp-md/
Hip and knee revisions
broken link removed: https://www.rockfordortho.com/physician/john-bottros-md/
Hip and knee revisions

Midwest Bone & Joint Institute

855-625-2663
Dr. Vincent Cannestra
Hip and knee revisions
 
Crissy, I am so sorry. I don't get to BS much any more, but was thinking about you the other day. I surely hope this will work out well for you with minimum pain - and a knee that functions perfectly!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom