TKR Walking without an aid?<

@phrog........You are so very right and a Happy Dance I will be performing !!!!! Always has to be one problem child in the family I guess....lol!!
 
Hi Crissy, good to hear from you and that’s awesome that knee #2 is doing so well!

Hopefully knee #1 will achieve the same end result.
 
Good to hear you’re doing so well with knee #2. Let us know what happens with #1.
 
Overall it sounds like you're doing really well. Do let us know what you find out about #1 knee.
 
Thank you everyone and I will continue to let you know about my right knee. I see the surgeon again Jan. 12th. Should be something to report by then. Thanks again!!
 
Hi Everyone......Hope you are all doing well. I had my first replacement February 13th, 2017 on my right knee. I still have a feeling that it's hanging up on something in there. Then it burns and itches. Once I get to walking it seems to settle down. Always something to worry about. Anyone else dealing with this issue? Thanks for any advice !!
 
I had my first replacement February 13th, 2017 on my right knee. I still have a feeling that it's hanging up on something in there. Then it burns and itches. Once I get to walking it seems to settle down.

Let's ask @Josephine if she can advise you about this problem with your first knee replacement.
 
I bet the more you walk, the better it will become. Since the discomfort goes away, I think it's probably nothing to worry about. You could always call your doctor if you are concerned. Let's see what Josephine has to say.
 
Thank you sistersinhim. I was told the replacement had slipped a little. If it became a bother they could reshape the replacement (whatever this means?). Hopefully not another major surgery.
 
That's a first for me. I've never heard of an implant slipping. Josephine will be by eventually. She's overseas so our times are quite different.
 
I must say to say that an implant "slipped a little" makes no sense to me unless he was trying to hint that it had loosened, which would not be a good thing. Likewise, "reshaping" the replacement also isn't something that is done. There is no reshaping the hard metal implant nor the plastic insert. And any "reshaping" of bone would be a surgery that would likely involve replacement of one or more components of the implant.

I don't want to worry you, but it always amazes me when surgeons leave this type of impression with a patient that just a "nip and a tuck" here and there can eliminate problems if they arise. It would be very, very helpful if you could supply whatever xray was taken at your last visit here so Jo could take a look. If the implant shows signs of loosening, she'll see it.

All that said, if whatever discomfort you have is not constant, it is possible that it's more a soft tissue matter than a problem with the implant itself. Please keep us updated on how you're doing!
 
Hi, Crissy, I’m sorry your first knee is not where you’d like it to be, after all this time.

Mine isn’t either. I am getting a second opinion on mine soon and I’m scared that I will need a revision.
 
Oh Jockette......I'm so sorry we have to go through all this. I just know something's not quite right. I guess we hope for the best knowing we're probably going to have to face the problem head on. Let me know how you're doing. I'm thinking I'll be having a revision also.
 
I was told the replacement had slipped a little. If it became a bother they could reshape the replacement (whatever this means?) Hopefully not another major surgery.
That means that your implant is loose and needs to be replaced. But it would appear he is trying to make it sound minor which it most certainly is not! I suggest you find yourself another surgeon because this one sounds like a charlatan.
 
My surgeon wouldn’t even acknowledge a problem. I won’t be seeing him again.
 
I feel sick.....I knew in my heart I was in trouble, but wanted it to be okay. How rough of a surgery is this?? My first one was a total disaster to begin with let alone another one to go through. Thank you all for your replies. I'll be in touch again soon.
 
I know just how you feel. :console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom