Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ecoli is not good either Vicki! What are they giving you as an antibotic?
 
Just started Keflex, 500 MG every 8 hours, 5 days. Took this stuff before. Made me sick. Hope it doesn't this time. Guess I can do anything for 5 days.
 
Vicki,

I hope that is the answer. Did you ask them about the CRP blood test? I will continue to pray for you!
 
Nag if you have to.
 
Vicki, I am sure you tried this but take saltines before and after the Keflex.
My ID doc does not always run a CRP. Just once in hospital and once afterwards. Maybe he is waiting for some reason?
Hoping you turn the good corner real soon!
 
Jan,

I understand, but when someone has an infection that is ongoing, I wonder why they don't use the CRP? I have an SED and CRP run every time I see the IS. I will be moving to an IS that is closer to home but she was already familiar with my case because of emergency situations. I really like her!
 
Thanks for all of the advice, need all I can get. I am not sure about the CRP, could be doing it and I don't know. I don't usually get a print out of results. I will ask on Weds.
I really don't think knee is infected. After removal of cable on 9/18/12, staples have been removed and can't hardly see a scar. Knee is weak, but was in slightly bent position for 9 weeks. Gets stronger each day and bends a little more.
Hopefully I have turned the turn. Have blood work tomorrow. Will see what happens.
 
Oh,

I am so relieved! Ask for your SED rate and of course the CRP. This will help them keep track of everything!

I will be praying for you tonight! :angel:
 
Yipee!!! Took PICC line out. No more antibiotic :-) Just the one for UTI until Friday :-) Don't see ID doc for 2 weeks and then blood work . Sed rate still elevated but dropped much. Doc thinks reaction to meds caused elevation. Liver count better, white count good.
Knee doing well, bending slightly more. Gets stronger each day. Think I will try a cane, at least at home.
Heart doc put me on new med for blood pressure, readings were good today. Hopefully I have turned the turn!
Can't wait to take shower with out being wrapped in plastic, so happy to be able just to bend arm and sleep on either side.
Today is a good day!
 
Vicki,
HOOOORAAAY for you. What a great report. I know you must feel so much better with PICC line out, kinda makes you feel human again. Keep up the good work you are doing.
 
Yay, Vic! What a great feeling! Oh yes showering normally again is delightful as is sleeping normally, too.
Such great news, congratulations!
 
Wow Vicki, it took me awhile to get caught up on all the posts and info on what you've been going thru! Amazing how our bodies consistently overcome things huh?
I know with Keflex, the only thing that helped settle my stomach was Coca Cola. Maybe that would help.
 
Finish Keflex today. Feeling good and hour by hour things get "normal" again. Whatever that is;-) Had test for gallbladder today. Nuclear med. Had to lay under camera for hour and half. It is amazing how many things itch when you can't move. Had no idea I was going to have to lay in one position for so long. Was not easy happy that is over. Get results next week but honestly think it was all of the meds I was on and not my gallbladder. Guess I will find out.
Monday is the dentist. Been having teeth issues for awhile. Think meds have affected them too. Going to get checked out to see what is going on. Have heard should take antibiotics before work, what is everyone's opinion on this?
 
Yes, antibiotics before dental work are a must, my dentist won't touch me unless I take them. Good luck, I bet you are tired of all the medical stuff!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Same here - I use amoxicillin 500 mg, and even when I get my teeth cleaned (dr. is concered he could nic my gum) I have to take 4 of them 1 hour before hand and then 1 hr or so afterwards. I had to take them when I had a dental implant too for a much longer period though. So far so good.
Oh Gall bladder, I went thru a test where they inject you with a dye HIDA scan I believe it was called, you lay there and then you sorta go thru the same feeling when you have an "attack". But it's over quicker. When the nurse walked me out she said " don't worry I had by gb out laproscopically and it was a cinch" Sure enough - had it out and over with. Maybe that's how your's will be too! Gravy is still my worst enemy - the animal fat in it still gives my non-gall bladder a "run" for my money - if you get my drift!
 
Nuclear medicine is what I do, so I know exactly what you are talking about : )
I asked my ID doc if I need to take my 4 amoxicillin before dental work even if I am on Minocycline (100mg once a day). He said I should take the amoxicillin also even on the Minocycline. I will need to eat loads of extra yogurt and probiotics that day!
 
Jancat, how long do you have to take the Minocycline? I was surprised my ID didn't have me take antibiotics orally after PICC line was removed. Although I had the PICC line in for 9 weeks.
Guess it is antibiotics for me before dental work. Think he will take xrays Monday to see what is going on.
 
I am taking the Minocycline until my next visit with ID doc which is 11/28. I really do not want to keep taking it, but I am glad he lowered the dose. At next visit I think I am going to tell him that I want to stop taking it. In my case all my cultures kept coming up negative and I think that is why he put me on the oral after the PICC line removal.
 
Went to dentist Monday, sending me to specialist. Need two root canals. Only gets better went to surgeon today, gallbladder needs to come out. He wants it out in two weeks, I am going to try to wait until middle of November.
To all that have had gallbladder removed, was it an improvement for you? I really, really do not want another surgery. Have had 4 in four months :-(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom