Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say my hair is a mess I mean that it is dry, brittle,just lifeless. Good news is I have a lot of hair. I take thyroid meds too but thyroid has been ok. I just wondered if anyone had a product that they love to help repair hair. I really shouldn't complain much my mom started Chemo a few moths ago and doc told her with her treatment there was 90% chance she would NOT lose her hair. Lost it the first week.
Hoping all all staying safe from Sandy. I live in West Virginia, we have had rain, some wind and snow. My electric has stayed on. Praying for all that have suffered devistation from the storm.
 
Before I started back to work, my hair stylist cut my hair to above the shoulder. Between all of the meds and the anesthesia my beautiful hair had broken off in several places. I called it the unintentional layered look. Now that it's been a few months, it is growing back nicely and no longer falling out or breaking off. Thank goodness!
 
Vicki, have you tried Moroccan Oil? It's fairly pricy, but I really like it. You rub it on your hands and then through your wet hair before drying it or letting it dry. Combing it through is good. There is a light one for blond hair. I bought a tiny little bottle to try it and now fill that up with the big bottle and carry that traveling or to the pool.
 
My bad luck continues! Had another UTI, went to doc not feeling too bad but know I had one. Gave me Macrobid and did a culture. Took 2 pills became very sick, rash, temp 103, dizzy. Went back to doc, said I had reaction to med and gave me bag of IV some sterioids and went home. Next day doc calls culture back and need to go to hospital for IV antibiotics. Spent the night in hospital and had PICC line back. Not sure how long I will have to take IV meds.
Asked doc if possible for infection to go to knee. Said not likely but have to get rid of infection, so IV meds. Keep thinking I am getting better but seems it is just one thing after the other. Really gets old :-(
 
Oh Vicki! I am o sorry to hear about this latest turn of events! You need a break! I will pray for you, and I will be watching for future posts! :console2:
 
Vicki I'm so sorry you have to go through this especially after just having the GB surgery and 3 ortho surgeries! I hope the IV antibiotics work quickly. Do you have home health helping you? How do you get the antibiotics? At local pharmacy and administer them yourself? I'll bet you are exhausted and worried. Will be hoping for you feel well again soon.
 
Oh my gosh Vicky, you poor thing! If not one thing, its another. Gonna say lots of prayers for you, the good Lord must think you are pretty strong, cause he keeps giving you more and more.

Praying for better health for you, and for your knee to heal well. Hugs!
 
Vicki I'm so sorry you have to go through this especially after just having the GB surgery and 3 ortho surgeries! I hope the IV antibiotics work quickly. Do you have home health helping you? How do you get the antibiotics? At local pharmacy and administer them yourself? I'll bet you are exhausted and worried. Will be hoping for you feel well again soon.

There is a company that dispenses the IV meds and supplies. The antibiotics are refridgerated. They send a weeks worth with tubing, saline, ect. The home health nurse changes dressing once a week. There is an extender for the PICC line so I could give med to myself but my husband does it for me. There are no needles everything screws in place.
It works out well, otherwise would have to be in hospital or go to hospital every day.
Thanks for good thoughts!
 
Thanks Vicki I'm glad there are no needles involved. I hope this cures the infection. Are you still uncomfortable? Still having fever or bladder symptoms? I'm sure you are drinking a lot but just reminding you!
All your friends are pulling for you to have a quick recovery. Please keep us posted.
 
Vicki, I was having UTI's until I started taking cranberry pills. I have not had any since then! I get them at Costco, but you can get them at most any store I think. I just love the fact that it is a big bottle and lasts a long time! :happydance:
 
OH VIC! I JUST got phone and internet back an hour ago (after being without phone/internet since 10/29, and no power for 11 days) and am so sorry to hear this new development!
Do you need the PICC for another 6 weeks?
Maybe you need to increase your water consumption? Also, as Sonja suggested, drink cranberry juice or take cranberry tablets. Got to have the real juice though, not just cran. juice cocktail.
Hoping this is the END of these troubles!
 
Jancat sorry to hear you lost utilities. My heart just breaks for all that felt the wrath of Sandy. Hope you weren't in her path. I live in WV we had snow. I did not lose electric but some near me still do not have electric. Snow on the trees with the leaves still on caused much damage.
I bought the cranberry tablets and have been drinking cranberry juice. Wish I could put some vodka in it ;-) Looks like will have antibiotics by PICC line for another week. The antibiotic is Invanz. Don't think I have had any issues with it. I feel pretty good but still weak. Knee is doing well, tried kneeling to clean fire place could do it but it hurt so looks hubby will have to clean fireplace :-)
 
Vicki, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope the UTI goes away soon, that is such an awful, yucky feeling to have. Feel better soon!
 
Just checking in. Took the PICC line out just after Thanksgiving. So far so good. Went to OS last week. Took an XRay said all looked good. Released me. I was shocked. I guess I thought I would go back each week forever. Said to expect improvement for the next year and to just keep on doing what I have been doing.
Put some decorations up today, was up and down the ladder several times, I was nervous but did fine. Still have very little to no pain. I do get that tight band feeling sometimes. I is uncomfortable but not painful.
Today I am 55 and just happy to be alive. Life is good!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
Vicki!!! Oh! to be 55 again! So glad things are going well for you---you deserve the best. Enjoy your day.
 
Vicki, Happy Birthday! And congratulations on graduating from all that misfortune, and can now just continue to move forward!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom