Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicki--any time you want to tag anyone, you just type @ immediately in front of their user name. Just be sure you get the user name correct. You will note tht once you post reply the @ disappears and the name becomes blue and is underscored. Then a notification shows up in "Alerts".
vicledsome
Thanks! will try myself next time ;-)
 
Hi Vicki,

How are you doing? I have been thinking about you lately and wondering how things are going! :friends:
 
So you meant PEO? My medical knowledge has increased about 400% since working on here!
(IOW, I had no idea what that was either! :snork: )
 
Isn't it amazing how different the terminology between the countries go? It's enough to cross your eyes! :giggle:
 
Anxiously awaiting surgery on Tuesday. Going to remove cable securing patella tendon. OS took xray last week, cable is not small. Thinking will take 3" incision. Will be on right side of knee. That area is still numb. My thinking is that removal of this cable will allow me to start recovery. Will be able to have PT. Hope that is not wishful thinking. I know leg will be weak at first. Just hope I don't rupture tendon again. Asked OS if it was likely that the tendon would rupture again. His response, I sure hope not! Not exactly encouraging. It is my understanding that rupturing patella tendon is rare. Hope rupturing patella tendon is less common.
Blood pressure is doing a little better. Still not great but not a stoke level. Just be happy to get Tuesday behind me!
 
Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's rough time with chemo, and I hope she continues her treatments. :console2:
Good luck on Tuesday and I hope all goes well for you, lord knows you've been through enough already! :console2:
As hard as it may be at times try and stay positive and look forward to a full recovery and a better pain free life. :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
I have faith that everything will turn out good for you.
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
 
Had to go to doc today. I have a UTI. I am on two antibiotics already. Surgery is still on for tomorrow. My sed rate went back up and white count but believe that is from UTI. So ready for this surgery.
 
Vicki,

I will keep you in my prayers! You have been so good to me, I just hope that they get that cable out tomorrow, and that your SED rate starts to return to normal. Antibotics are hard on the body, but so necessary sometimes! :friends: :angel:
 
Oh my goodness, I have just read your entire thread for the first time! Oh, my dear one, you have been through such a rough time!! My heart aches for you. Believe it when we all say that we are praying for you and behind you at every turn. I hope after all you have had to endure so far this is the last roadblock to a full recovery!! My very best wishes for a positive outcome dear heart.
 
Doc said surgery went well. I feel good, not much pain so far. Hope that continues. The side he made the incision is still numb from first surgery so that might be good thing. Able to weight bare, bend as I have been, not to force it. Go back to OS next Weds think he will remove staples then. I really feel I have turned the corner.
My mom has second chemo treatment tomorrow. Said she wasn't going to take it but decided one more. Hope she tolorates this one better. Her hair has been coming out by handfuls. Doc didn't think that would happen.
Thanks to everyone for support, good thoughts and prayers :-)
 
Vic, so glad to hear you have passed this hurdle in spite of a UTI!
You have turned a corner, yay! Keep taking your abx!
Cable out, abx in, sed rate down.
Sending positive wishes your way!
DO NOT get out of bed without assistance, please! :flwrysmile:
 
Vicki,

I a glad to hear that the surgery is over! :happydance: Now to get rid of UTI and get back to the business of living! I am so glad that your Mom decided to go on with Chemo. You have a lot on your plate right now. Take care of you! :friends:
 
Great that you are doing better!
And your mother is in my prayers!
 
Hi Vicki, I've read most of your story and my heart is with you. I hope and pray that everything is working out well. I wish you the best.
Sheryl Aka Dalaimama
 
Knee seems to be doing well. Staples look good, no drainage. I am just wore out. Went to walmart for the first time since May, used the electric cart but was only able to make it down a few isles. Did buy some beautiful mums. Can't believe how weak I am. I don't even know how to get back from here. OS will talk about PT next week. I think my ROM is around 60-70 told me not push it this week. I don't want to tear patella tendon again. I guess it took me 3 months to get here not going to recover in a day.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
Vicki, you'll just have to be a tortoise for this race---but YOU WILL GET THERE! Take care, sweetie. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom