Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to blood doc today. Good news sed rate dropped from 60 to 40 in a week. Doc says all blood work looks good. Going to still need antibiotics for 4 more weeks. Sure hope I continue to respond to meds.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
Don'tcha just love good news?
 
Vicki, I am so happy for you! :happydance: You have been through a great deal, yet you are still going strong!

I will continue to keep you in my prayers friend! :friends:
 
Vicki, I am so happy for you! :happydance: You have been through a great deal, yet you are still going strong!

I will continue to keep you in my prayers friend! :friends:

Thank you, Sonja! Sounds like your saga continues. Hope you can get that thyroid under control. I have been on same med and fortunately my thyroid has stayed inline. Take care of yourself my friend!
 
Had two small areas at bottom of incision that had not healed. They were like small creators, not sure why the ended up like that. Finally quit weeping. Can leave bandage off. Finally can massage knee from top to bottom. My OS is out of town next week, then follow up the next week. Believe will take out cable holding patella tendon out in two weeks. My OS told me to deal with one issue at a time. This knee with cable at 25% bend has been a pain. Really. Can't get comfortable. Hoping removal of cable will elimnate that. Hope that scar tissue is not an issue. Have had 3 surgeries in a short time.
Until cable is removed I am just in limbo. Have had no PT. Feel like I am worse than when I started. (However pain is nowhere near what pain was before surgery. Went back to beginning of my thread and forgot how very bad it was.)
Questions, questions, guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Guess I should take OS advice one issue at a time.
 
Vic, so glad to hear you are heading in the right direction without any more bumps in the road.
 
Hang in there Vicki! Sounds like you will soon be beyond this phase. And don't worry about the PT. I have been feeling lately that it is overrated...you can always catch up with it later.
 
Sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you!
Fantastic news about the blood work!
 
Went to ID doc today. My sed rate went up one point. I was just sure I was going to drop into the normal range this week. Doc was not concerned said we would continue with same treatment and do blood work in one week. Said could be at a plateau or hardware was issue.
Changed IV to push from dripline. Will take 10 mins or less.
I cried after doc appointment, feel like I am not moving forward anymore.
 
(huggs). You will, you really will move forward! It must be very frustrating, I know. More hugs!
 
Oh Vicky, I want to cry with you...but things will get better -Hang in !
 
Went to ID doc today. My sed rate went up one point.
I cried after doc appointment, feel like I am not moving forward anymore.

Hi Vicki,


Not what you were hoping to hear but let me share something with you! One point is NOTHING! Like your doc said it is nothing to worry about! I know from experience with my SED rates being out of this world and feeling like I was going to die! Are you feeling sick, or running a fever? That is a better indicator, I promise. I always knew when my sed rate was going crazy! Vicki you have a whole army of prayer warriors behind you and I know you feel down. You will move forward again, by the way did your doc explain that SED rates can be influenced by pain and swelling? I am here anytime you need me. You know that. We care about you, and I will never give up on you!:friends:
 
Hang in there, Vic! The IV push is awesome. I had one that ran in for 10 minutes (cefiataxone), and one that ran in for 2 to 5 minutes (daptomycin). SO much better than the bags. It is nice to feel like you have 'some' semblance of a normal life without being hooked up to the IV pump for hours a day.
I understand about the disappointment with the sed rate- you feel like you are doing your part to help your body heal, and it is not complying!
I will be starting oral abx tomorrow. Not excited about it but going along with it for now.
Will probably worry even more (is that possible??) once abx are stopped- just waiting for the knee or a fever to flare up!
Wishing you the best!
 
Vicki I really hope you are getting some rest. It is a downer I know. Hang in there.
 
I cried after doc appointment, feel like I am not moving forward anymore.

I didn't cry, but I do know about the not moving forward. When they weren't sure if there was an issue with my new knee it was back on crutches for 3 weeks. There was no maybe we'll put you back on, or let's try a week and repeat, it was "three weeks back on crutches" then we'll repeat the xray. And then after the 3 weeks it was better but still had to be careful. It was not fun.

But you know what? After everything had calmed down, and the bone was healing, the rest of me had not forgotten I was in healing mode and went at it full throttle. Last week everything was beautiful where only a few weeks ago it was...... well.... less than stellar. The body has an amazing ability to put full effort into healing once given the chance to do so. Hang with it for a bit longer, let your body get over this hurdle, and then watch it go to town in healing and putting you back in prime time shape.
 
Hi Vicki,


Not what you were hoping to hear but let me share something with you! One point is NOTHING! Like your doc said it is nothing to worry about! I know from experience with my SED rates being out of this world and feeling like I was going to die! Are you feeling sick, or running a fever? That is a better indicator, I promise. I always knew when my sed rate was going crazy! Vicki you have a whole army of prayer warriors behind you and I know you feel down. You will move forward again, by the way did your doc explain that SED rates can be influenced by pain and swelling? I am here anytime you need me. You know that. We care about you, and I will never give up on you!:friends:
Thank you! I had just been responding so well, I had my hopes up to br "normal". I am so sick of being sick. He did not tell me about pain and swelling being an influence. He was not alarmed with result, ID doc said it might not mean anything. Guess time will tell.
 
I didn't cry, but I do know about the not moving forward. When they weren't sure if there was an issue with my new knee it was back on crutches for 3 weeks. There was no maybe we'll put you back on, or let's try a week and repeat, it was "three weeks back on crutches" then we'll repeat the xray. And then after the 3 weeks it was better but still had to be careful. It was not fun.

But you know what? After everything had calmed down, and the bone was healing, the rest of me had not forgotten I was in healing mode and went at it full throttle. Last week everything was beautiful where only a few weeks ago it was...... well.... less than stellar. The body has an amazing ability to put full effort into healing once given the chance to do so. Hang with it for a bit longer, let your body get over this hurdle, and then watch it go to town in healing and putting you back in prime time shape.
I was just so close to being "normal".
 
Results from ID doc seemed like a set back to me. He said it is not. My sed rate went up 1 where it had been dropping 20 points each week. I was sooo close to normal range. I am sick of being sick. Tuesday was 5 weeks since revision. I still have cable in place holding patella tendon, with 25% bend all the time. I have just been in limbo. No PT, ROM is most likely 60. Can't straighten all the way or bend much. Can't sit for more than 30 mins. I am really frustrated.
I don't go out at all, except to doctor appointment due to sitting issue. And when i do go out I am wiped out. Still need one crutch to get around. I am sooo sick of being sick :-(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom