Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading this thread, and all I can say is WOW! I cannot imagine all you have been through. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you feel better soon.
 
So sick of being sick! Yep! Understand! I had a good cry last night at Mom's last night because I couldn't move my darned suitcase down the hall with my two crutches! It is on 4 wheels and so I finally started playing field hockey with it! My BIL came out of the spare bedroom and offered to help, and I told him "NO"! I need to do something for myself and then the watershed started!:cry: I am sick and tired of depending on others and wanting to do it myself. I have a teammate at school that will gladly let me do it all as she tells me how bad she has it. Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes, does it?:yikes:
 
Oh, Vic ((((HUGS))))) to you. Please hang in there, you really are progressing. I know it is hard- i felt nearly psychotic in 3 different hospitals within 2 weeks for my summer vacation! Keep looking forward, as difficult as it may seem.
And know that we ARE here for you, and we understand!
 
And who said life is fair ? :gaah:

It's not..but how we deal with what we've got is the real challenge--and I'm not a good one to talk...but i do know that it is okay to feel that life isn't fair, to cry when you need to, and even to feel sorry for yourself. All this 'be strong' stuff is okay for people who don't have pain and don't have limitations.:console2:

Vicky - your time will come but for now, hang in and emote all you want ! :hairpulling::cry::scary: There's nowhere else where you'll find as much support or as many people who really do understand ...we're all praying and pulling for you! :friends:
 
My blood pressure is has just been crazy this week. My home health nurse was concerned. Was high on Tuesday and worse today. 220/110. Went to my GP told her I didn't want to go to hospital. Gave me some med in office and lowered some. Now on new BP med Azor. Hope this works. Good news all my blood work was good. Kidneys, liver and my white blood cells were good too.
Another high point today, still using PICC line but doing 2 minute push. No more bag that took 25 mins. Today wasn't all bad.
To top all this off my mom started chemo last week for treatment of breast cancer. Has been sick, sick ,sick since last Friday. Says she is not going to take anymore treatments. I asked her if we could talk about it next week. Hate the thought of her quitting treatment.
 
And who said life is fair ? :gaah:

It's not..but how we deal with what we've got is the real challenge--and I'm not a good one to talk...but i do know that it is okay to feel that life isn't fair, to cry when you need to, and even to feel sorry for yourself. All this 'be strong' stuff is okay for people who don't have pain and don't have limitations.:console2:

Vicky - your time will come but for now, hang in and emote all you want ! :hairpulling::cry::scary: There's nowhere else where you'll find as much support or as many people who really do understand ...we're all praying and pulling for you! :friends:
I have highs and lows in my life but for the most part feel life has been good to me. Honestly this knee in this shape is my fault. Day after TKR thought I was going to take myself to bathroom, did I mention I had nerve block , walker across the room, well I didn't make it. Bad decision! Broke my wrist, ruptured my patella tendon. Which brought all this down on me. I don't have anyone to blame but myself.
But it has been frustrating, I have been in a limbo for 5 weeks now due to infection, bad reaction to meds and cable holding tendon in place. Just waiting to move forward. I try to be positive but do have some bad days. I think expressing those emotions is not a bad thing, if you are sad be sad and get over it.
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. This forum is great!
 
Oh, Vic ((((HUGS))))) to you. Please hang in there, you really are progressing. I know it is hard- i felt nearly psychotic in 3 different hospitals within 2 weeks for my summer vacation! Keep looking forward, as difficult as it may seem.
And know that we ARE here for you, and we understand!
Thank you! Have they removed your PICC line yet. All I have talked to said it is not painful.
 
Went to the OS today, he was really happy with my knee. 2 open spots are completely dry. Scheduled to take cable holding patella tendon out next Tuesday. Said it is out patient but would put me to sleep. Thinks incision will be 3 inches on right side of knee. I am excited to get the cable out, feel like will will be able to get on with life. I have not had any PT so anxious to see what is ahead.
My blood pressure is still crazy, all over the place. Staying high most of the time. My GP changed my med to AZOR and Clonidine. Anyone have experience with these meds? Will bring it down but then goes back up but not as high as it was. Stays around 165/97. Going up and down a little. I have had issues with blood pressure for years, but I am surprised that it is up now. I have lost weight, my blood work is great. Liver, kidney ect. Don't know what is happening.
I am wondering if lack of sleep could make my blood pressure increase. I do not sleep more than 3 or 4 hours a day and not at the same time. Any opinions on that?
If someone reads this that know how to tag Josephine would you please do so.
Thanks!
 
Hey Vicki - sounds like you may have turned the corner...

I'm sorry to hear that your Mom is having such a rough time of it. Hope that you'll be feeling better and will be able to help her more very soon.

Trying to "call" Josephine
 
Vicki--any time you want to tag anyone, you just type @ immediately in front of their user name. Just be sure you get the user name correct. You will note tht once you post reply the @ disappears and the name becomes blue and is underscored. Then a notification shows up in "Alerts".
vicledsome
 
Vic- PICC line removal was a big nothing. It took 2 seconds and I didn't even know it happened! I wasn't looking, and we were just chatting, the home health nurse and I, and she was holding her hand on the spot where it was and it had been gone for a few minutes!
That 2 minute push is great- isn't it?
Are you taking oral rifampin? (The stuff that makes your urine orange?)
I have been on oral Minocycline since Thursday. It makes me have slight vertigo, and a more sensitive stomach. ID doc asked about it today, I said I was going to give it a week to see if things got better.
Did they give your Mom anything like zofran for the nausea?
 
I am wondering if lack of sleep could make my blood pressure increase. I do not sleep more than 3 or 4 hours a day and not at the same time.
That much? It's more than I sleep! Seriously though, sleep deprivation will not affect your blood pressure. Though stress can do that, from what you are saying, the problem with you BP is medical not environmental.
 
Vic- PICC line removal was a big nothing. It took 2 seconds and I didn't even know it happened!
Happy to hear PICC line is out and no issues. I will be happy to get mine out but does not look like anytime soon.
Yes I am taking oral rifampin. It made me very sick the first week, but ID wanted me to stay on it if I could. After the first week things were better. I had upset stomach, loose bowels, and I know it was realated to this drug, my sense of smell was so intense. Made me sick. I think it might have cleared my sinus. I have been on the rifampin for 5 weeks. Doc said it would inhance the other med.
Doc did give my mom zofran and lamodel. She is better but not well. She is scheduled to take another treatment next week. Says she is not going to take it.
Hope you adjust to your meds, how long does he want you to take the Minocycline?
 
That much? It's more than I sleep! Seriously though, sleep deprivation will not affect your blood pressure. Though stress can do that, from what you are saying, the problem with you BP is medical not environmental.
I am just looking for easy answer. Have had issues in the past with blood pressure. Docs thought I had FEO, but had many tests and did not find it. Hate to go through all that again. GP changed my meds but has been 6 days and not much change. Guessing I will need to go to specialist. Thanks for your opinion.
 
A lot of the medications we take can elevate blood pressure. Have you checked out that line of thinking? I'm sorry your mom is suffering with the chemo. :(
 
Vicki,

I accidentally took my own Picc line out and didn't realize it til it was hanging! I am on Doxcyclyline and have to take Zofran 3 times a day for the nausea. The weird thing is, I will eat something that I have eaten without any trouble, and I m throwing it back up! I am so frustrated about the meds! I see Dr. Maale and Dr. Rueben the IS next week, so maybe they will have suggestions!
 
Yep, doxy does that. I had finally learned to tolerate it before surgery, and then was off of it for 6 weeks, and my body has not readjusted this time. It has been a rough go. :sick:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom