Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kay9 , Hi, I was reading your posts and as a Bilateral Mini-Posterior hippy, i just wanted to tell you how my operation went. Simply the best. 4 inch scars on each side, maybe 3.5 inches now after 8 months. The scars are on the side of my hips so sitting was not hard at all. In fact i was driving after one week. Just remember to rest and heal and you will be fine. Good luck.
 
With sock aid put sock over work foot in then slowly pull aid to you at heel follow the heel around so going up foot, I usually have to pull it up from heel but more achievable than reaching to tip of toes. So good to see a lighter less afraid side to you me thinks the support here is certainly helping you.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
My Beautiful boy went to Rainbow bridge tonight
[Bonesmart.org] Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.
[Bonesmart.org] Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.
[Bonesmart.org] Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.
[Bonesmart.org] Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.
. It all happened so suddenly. Had a lovely walk with him this eve, was his normal mad self. Then popped down mums for a few hours, leaving back door open so He could go out. When I got home he was collapsed in the garden. Conscious but not really "aware" & his eyes looked odd. i couldnt get him up so my Daughter & boyfriend came, we rang emergency vets and took him straight in. By this time he was semi conscious. The vet knew straight away what it was because his stomach was swollen and his gums were white. He said it was a silent, fast acting cancer caused Hemangiosarcoma, and that he could tell His spleen had erupted and was having a large internal bleed.

He went to set up the scanner to double-check but George suddenly took a real turn for the worse, trouble breathing, and the vet said waiting for the scanner set-up would take around 30 minutes, and that in his opinion George was dying, bleeding to death, and advised we didn't even scan, just stopped his suffering. So we did.

To say Im heartbroken is an understatement. Im in bed now, his bed is next to mine, and I cant stop crying. This dog was the love of my life. My shadow, my soulmate, my everything.

How can this have happened so quickly? Running around chasing deer, dead 3 hours later. Im in bits, devastated.

R.i.p my special, funny, gentle, mad boy. There will never be another dog like you. i love you George. My life will never be the same again.
 
Kay9, I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are so a part of family and loved so much! I'm sure you will see him again someday. Rest and know he's ok; just in a better place.
 
@Kay9, my heart just breaks for you. A huge cyber hug. Loving a dog means knowing when to let them go. Please take care of yourself.
 
So sorry to hear about George @Kay9. He was lucky to have such a good friend as you, brave enough to do the right thing by him, all the way to the end. Hope there is a good hugger there to help you.
:console2:
 
@Kay9 I hope you realize you did the best you could for him. Think of the good times. You also were thinking more about his health than yours.
 
(((((((((( @Kay9 )))))))). I am SO sorry that George is gone. It was so quick that you didn't even know that last wonderful walk was goodbye. I am grieving with you. He was your other half, and the two of you loved each other with that very special bond.
@Jaycey , could you come give a hug, please? See post #83.


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
When the time is right you will be flooded with good memories and know both your lives were fuller by being together

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved dog. I certainly know and understand that emptiness you must feel. I have no words that will make things better except to say a prayer for you that you can think about all the good times you shared. No one can ever take those memories from you.
 
My heart goes out to you @Kay9 When our furry friends go they do leave such a hole in our hearts... I hope the pain eases for you soon and you can remember George with fondness. My last dog and I went for a walk on the day he died.. we came home, he climbed up on my lap, licked my hand as if to say see ya and slipped away. That was eleven years ago and I think of him often... we have another dog, whom I love to bits, but there is a Toby shaped space in my heart for sure.

Donna xx
 
Just cannot imagine your sadness at the loss of sweet George. With so much on your plate, it's just another unexpected blow. Take comfort in the wonderful times you shared and when you had to make the hard choice, you did it with love and grace. Prayers for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Kay9 Hi I have been missing had my op 19th April I came home on 21st, I am able to walk well with very little in the way of discomfort certainly not pain. Go on you tube hip recovery you will make life much easier for yourself if you learn to dress with the grabber and use the sock aid this will take a lot of pressure off your daughter and I know she is the one you worry about practice putting your underwear on and trousers etc always put your to be operated leg in first it is fiddly but if you do it every day when you come home from hospital you will be far more independent and this will give you a boost prepare as much as you can being able to cope will be a bonus I send you my love pet and healing hugs xxxx Mags
 
Thankyou all so much for all your kind words.

I just feel totally lost.
[Bonesmart.org] Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.
I cant believe hes gone. George really was my soul-dog. My best friend. He was such a big presence, not only because he was a large dog but because he was a big character too, and so young in his ways...my sister always summed him up by saying he was like a big toddler.

Its so hard. The house is so empty, staying in hurts, seeing all his stuff around and not seeing him, but going out hurts too because coming back in hurts even more without his lumbering waggy-tailed welcome. I feel my heart is literally breaking.
Im picking him up from the crematorium tomorrow, I had a private cremation.

My Mum upset me a bit but she didnt mean to...sometimes shes just too practical, she said at least it will be better for me now re having my op, easier all round. While that might be true, its not the way I see it. id rather have no op and my George back. She means well, but Id give anything just to have him here and can see no positives in this at the moment. I guess my families attitude is that this is a big problem solved. I can just concentrate on my op & recovery. I do see where they are coming from, but for me, there are no positives to this at the moment.

Thankyou for all your support. I hope Admin arnt too unhappy with me for taking this thread off in a different direction and will only post about hippy-type stuff from now on, I just needed to share my sad news because it was a large part of my original thread re my concerns. It seems a solution has been given to me...but one thats broken my heart.
 
@Kay9 you aren't the first to share such devastating news here. It does have a bearing on your hip because your whole body is affected by a loss of this magnitude.
I hope you will find comfort soon :console:
Please don't find this inappropriate-- when my sister's dachshund, Baxter-who-thought-he-was-a-BIG-dog, died, she bought a small stuffed dachshund, and put it to bed every night in Baxter's bed, and woke it up every morning. This helped her to deal with her grief, and now a few years later, the toy spends most of its time on the back of the sofa, watching out the front window for mama and daddy.
Weep as you feel the need. Nothing will ever take George's place, but as @Legin said, one day the good, healing memories will flood in.


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Kay9 Oh my flower I had not seen your post about the loss of your beloved friend I am so sorry please accept my sincere apologies I have lost close pets they are family and it is devastating I send you all I can which is my love and my thoughts and healing prayers xxx Mags
 
@Kay9 Last week we had to put our wonderful English Labrador Retriever down. Driving him to the vets was horrible. I put my forehead to his and closed my eyes as he passed while my husband stroked his body. It was very spiritual. I highly recommend a book on grieving for animals which is available on Amazon by the famous animal author Jon Katz: https://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Finding-Peace-When/dp/0345502701/?tag=ate362da-20 It is far and away the best book/material I have EVER read on how to handle the death of a pet. It has helped us enormously (we have had many pets over the years). Last week was Week 4 in my recovery, all had been going so well with me, but it became clear that it was time for our sweet and goofy Hubley to move on (he was almost 12, but one just never can prepare for these things). The truth is dogs have shorter lives than we do, and I believe that they come into our lives when they are most needed by us, and they leave when their work with us is done. If you can read this book I expect it will help you enormously. You need to grieve, and it is different for everyone of course, but it might help if you can understand and feel in your heart that your life needs to move forward towards your operation and improving your life. Your wonderful George may actually have given you the best gift of all, though it is impossible to look at it that way right now. I know this, because I am going through the same grief while I read Jon Katz's marvelous and thoughtful book. I simply cannot let the loss of my wonderful dog crater me, it is so important for my physical well being to have emotional strength, but of course every day I feel the stabs of loneliness and pain. It is getting better, and the book has moved me weeks ahead in the process. Good luck.
 
Dear Kay,
So sad you lost your best friend, your dog. No words can express how sad this is. Your dog is asleep now. There is no pain. All I can do is comfort you.
Warm hugs - Constanze
 
Thank you, all of you. Your kindness & compassion have helped me, it really has.

@zauberflöte , I did smile at your story of your sister with her stuffed dachshund, because Ive actually done a similar thing since bringing George home from the crematorium. When I collected him, he was in a huge scatter-tube. But as I was leaving, I noticed some of the urns and statues for sale there. There was a big statue of a dog that looked just like George! I couldnt really afford it, as I had to buy an urn too, so then looked at some of the urns. When the guy who ran it told me that statue was actually an urn, I had to buy it!

Once home, I transferred his ashes into it, (keeping a token amount as Im having a ring made out of some and scattering some in the bluebell woods where we had our last walk) bought a smaller replica collar & put georges tag on it, put it on the statue and put him in his bed when I went to bed:angel:. In the morning, I put him on the sofa where he always led while I had breakfast. When I was in the garden I sat him where he always led. Now, Im in bed, and he is in his bed next to me.:)
I wont always do this, eventually he will stay on the shelf next to the urn of my other dog, but for now, its making me feel he is with me. Its helping.
Thankyou also for checking in on me, its lovely of you to be thinking of me like that.

@narnybose no apologies needed, and thankyou for your kind words.

@chalcedonian1 Im so sorry you lost your dog:sad:. I too put my forehead to Georges as he passed, its heartbreaking isnt it, but at least we were there with them. I have just ordered the book you suggested on kindle, I will check its gone on after posting and start to read it ( Im not sleeping at all so reading might help with that too) so thankyou for telling me about it. My thoughts are with you in your loss too.:boohoo: I dont think Ive ever cried so much in my entire life, Im surprised there is any moisture left in my body at all.

@Constanze thankyou, I do like to think of George as " sleeping". And he is reunited with my Dad who recently passed, my oldest friend who passed some years ago, and my sweet little Staffy girl who passed a few months ago. So he is in good company. He is also here, with me. i know he is.

Thankyou all from the bottom of my heart. Xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom