Very scared Newbie, lots of concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kay9, I remember 8 years ago when I went in for my tummy tuck. I was so scared I had knots in the stomach on the way to the hospital. As soon as I got there they put me in a gown and gave me the "cocktail". Once they give you that, you will be on top of the world. You won't even remember going into surgery. Then you're waking up and you'll be pain free. One more night and a wake up is all you have now. We will all be waiting to hear from you on Monday. You are going to do great. :)

Bluebell53


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sore arms/shoulders/hands are a bit of an issue when you've been on two crutches for a while @Kay9 - Hoppy Nanny gave me some advice after I had a whinge about my sore hands... get some thick leather gloves (not always easy here in Western Australia :heehee:, I used snug gardening gloves - NEW ones!!) they help pad the crutch handles. As you start moving more fluidly you don't "hunch" so much so the shoulders thing gets better... don't forget you'll be putting more weight on your leg too, not trying to keep it OFF the leg as you are now.

I cannot emphasize HOW terrified I was pre op, I've had a lot of surgery, was in hospital three times last year, had surgery in June and it was all NOTHING compared with how I felt about this op... I don't know why. I nearly drove my hubby crazy, nearly drove myself crazy come to that :snork: but some sort of switch flicked during the surgery and when I felt SO good as soon as I was back in my room being "positive" was easy, I had said to my OS that my pre op nerves should not be confused with a lack of motivation to be proactive in my recovery - it was nice to prove that to him

I really liked feeling NOT disabled (I had anticipated feeling drugged up and completely vulnerable) and when asked after a couple of hours "do you want to try a few steps on crutches" I thought "why not, if they think I can then I probably can" then when I did a few steps and it didn't hurt, or even feel "odd" I felt so empowered... so many of those dreaded "what if's" were behind me and the ones I was expecting immediately post op were not happening so I felt I could deal with those things that DID come up.

Keep us posted, if I don't get a chance to pop back, all the best for TOMORROW (one more sleep :cool: or not sleep if I know anything about it :snork:) and then at least you know MOST of the "what if's" will be behind you

Donna:egypdance:
 
You are maybe dragging yourself out of bed right about now... All the best!!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Kay9, I'm up late and just wanted to send you well wishes on your surgery in the morning. It'll be over before you know it and you'll feel like a new woman. Counting the hours before I know how it goes for you. Take care my dear.

Bluebell53
LTHR - 23 June 2015


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
K9.... Sounds like the labrum tore more or perhaps detached. Mine makes all kinds of crunching noises, but the day it detached, I got horribly nauseous, almost passed out from the pain, and have not been able to bare weight since. I think we have the same surgery date!!!! For me tomorrow, for you maybe now???, not sure where you live but let's keep in touch. Sending you mounds of healing light and love! Feel better soon hippie sister.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Kay9 Thinking of you, and sending best wishes for a speedy recovery. With time difference I'm not sure when your op will be, but its Monday here in UK.
 
It's 3:30 am on the 15 TJ in California. Surgery sista.... Wishing you a speedy recovery. See you on the recovery side. we got this!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
15 TJ? These phone typos. Oh my. Love and hugs coming your way!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@tweedishy did you dictate something like "fifteenth of June"? My phone sometimes changes to wrong what was right JUST as I hit send!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Kay9 it is late afternoon by you, prayers that you are back in your room enjoying tea and buttered toast!! (But watch out for caffeine, it can, er, stop the digestive processes and you will have to eat extra prunes :lol: )


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@K9 its nearly 10pm on monday in UK - hope you are recovering, look after yourself and trust that your daughter will rise to the challenge!
 
Hi all, I can't get to my ipod as it's in my case, so on phone. Well, I'm alive. Will start new thread on other side tomorrow wen easier on I pad, plus I M laying flat on back as blood pressure very low so hard to type.

They talked me out of a G.A & I had epidural & light sedation. I heard ( but luckily didn't feel) everything!
Bit of pain now as epidural worn off . Sposed to do physio in morn but they sed will not do it if BP still so low.
Will write proper post wen can get ipad . ( don't want to buzz just for that ).

I hope my fellow hippy friends who were havin op today are all well & pain free. See you on the other side, thank you for your thoughts everyone. Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom