TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thigh high TEDs quite sexy! :rotfl:
Yeah, just what I was thinking:rotfl: . . . hah! I'm pretty sure I'll be having those because that's what they said at the hospital class, plus I have the atrial fib which means increased chance for stroke. There are a bunch of videos on Youtube about putting them on but all show people who can bend their knees. I know one person said the soft sock helper worked better. That's one item I haven't purchased yet. And I couldn't quite figure out that plastic bag technique.:scratch: Are the stockings open toed?

How're you doing today, Janis?
 
I have thigh high TEDs quite sexy! :rotfl: between that and my Foley catheter garter belt I had in the hospital I am surprised Craig could keep his hands off me!

GrrrrAaarl! lol You go mama!

I had problems keeping my hose up over my Thunder and Lighting thighs. CRACK BOOM! :heehee: Some kind nurse gave me a size "medium." I think I was on the cusp and she went with the smaller size since she's a woman. lol This time I will make sure I get the size I need.:hissy: I had to play around with them to stop them from rolling down and cutting off my circulation. One time I put them on over my rolled up dance pants. I looked like I was ready for a renaissance festival or a Russian dance! HEY!
 
Thanks janis, I was struggling to think of the us words for a suspender belt, thought, we have another terminology issue sue! Us suspenders are what old men wear to keep their trousers(pants) up! What we call braces. So I thought it was garter belt, and janis has just confirmed that for me! But, maybe sue, you have less substantial thighs than many of us? If so lucky you!! I just can't imagine them falling down on me, there is too much for them to cling onto!! :rotfl:

Yes hope your leg is feeling much better today janis and that preparations are going well for your imminent next hospital stay. Wow that interval as gone fast! Good luck! :friends:
 
Yes Linda they are open toed, the opening is round the back of the toes so that you can't see it when they are on, until they twist round, as they have an unfortunate habit of doing, and then your big toe peeps out which is so irritating! One thing in your favour, is the time of year! You will be wearing them as the weather gets cooler, and if you will be wearing shorts or nighties, they will keep your legs warm. They must be a nightmare in hot weather! :gaah:
 
Yes Linda they are open toed, the opening is round the back of the toes so that you can't see it when they are on, until they twist round, as they have an unfortunate habit of doing, and then your big toe peeps out which is so irritating!

LOL! my TEDs have holes in the toes which I insist on sticking my toes out ...I hate socks! @ditzy-dinah keeping my head down and chillin till Thursday!
 
Josephine, are you there?
sorry, Josephine was in hospital have tests for chest pain! Turned out to be a false alarm, thank goodness!
Okay kinda scared my knee is really angry it is red, slightly swollen and hot to the touch BUT no drainage no increase in pain ...is this normal
Looks perfectly normal for 10 days out, Janis. Stop getting paranoid!
 
sorry, Josephine was in hospital have tests for chest pain! Turned out to be a false alarm, thank goodness! Looks perfectly normal for 10 days out, Janis. Stop getting paranoid!
Hope you are doing better and nothing serious was found! Okay, I will chill and stop being paranoid! Thank you!
 
All the best Janis my dear. We had an on-going in-house "discussion" about the whereabouts of 2 empty milk bottles (we still live in the stone-age of milk doorstep delivery here,) whilst I was getting ready to go to see my consultant today.....I knew you could laugh at that!
Hoping it all goes well and see you again on the other side.

Hugs,
Sue.
 
Good luck Janis. Josephine hope you're feeling better. I never new they had black ted hose. Getting those black lacey ones can be dangerious. :heehee:
 
Hopefully this is you. :sleep: Or this :zzz: or even this :yawn: , just none of this :mcoffee: Or this. :thud: So tomorrow you'll be ready to start your journey to this! :egypdance:

Piece of cake Janis! None of this :scary:

"We're All in this together!" :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom