TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no what you mean, My recliner is old and will have to be replaced someday, but for now its my best friend sometimes. It's nice to be able to sleep
 
Okay kinda scared my knee is really angry it is red, slightly swollen and hot to the touch BUT no drainage no increase in pain ...is this normal
 
I am paranoid 10 days out
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!
    knee 9152013.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 148
Okay kinda scared my knee is really angry it is red, slightly swollen and hot to the touch BUT no drainage no increase in pain ...is this normal
@Josephine are you there? There is a pic a couple posts above and I can not access the after care files. Knee kinda feels like a sunburn
 
Oh by the way I ice all the time almost non-stop with Cyro-cuff, at night elevated almost whole night. during the day maybe 20-30 minutes every 2 hours.

I take 30 mg of Morphine SULF ER every 12 hours, and 1 or 2 Oxycodone-acetaminophen 5-325 every 4 hours. I was taking Xarelto for blood thinner but today was last day.
 
It could be from the excursion that you mentioned. Sometimes, the reaction is a bit delayed - we feel great but then the knee is not happy about the choice we made. I am sure Josephine will have words of wisdom.
 
I have had visitors for 3solid days now, and have missed some great posts, I have been sitting here chortling to myself!! :loll: Good job I was brought up in California, I'm bilingual"! ( Well with limitations!) Yes biscuits are cookies, any type. Dabber in the us biscuits are like savoury scones that you have with roast dinners, instead of bread.
Janis looks like that cryo cuff is coming in handy after all!! Do hope That it is easing your swelling, and that the swelling is not causing you too much more pain! I reckon too, it may have been caused by the yard sale and the luncheon outing. Fully understand why you would want to go out when you are going back into hospital for round two in 3days time....more power to you, and go well! :yes!:

Just can't believe that now Craig has scheduled for the end of next month! I mean it is great in a way, as you have obviously inspired him, and in the long run it will be good for him to be pain free and as agile as you are, as then you will be able to do more fun things together! But he sounds like readys husband, he's got to have more pain than you! You can be sure he will think he has a much rougher time than you! I think it's great that his parents and sister will look after him, then you can get on with your own recovery in peace! You can even be sympathetic when you go visit him, take him chocolate even, cause then you can go home and rest!!! :heehee:
I haven't used my cryo cuff either, at least, no need yet! Gel packs a couple of times, my knees have not been that hot. Leg raiser cushion was a waste of money, didn't like it, pillows much better, used the grabber only a couple of times, but didn't buy it, had it anyway. Sock helper has been good for the ted stockings, only just got that. Shower stool was another waste, I stand fine on my new strong legs, for a short time anyway. Invaluable has been the raised toilet seats and frames,the recliner, and a huge cushion I put on the leg rest to put my legs up even further! A couple of extra long charging cables for your tablet, so you can charge while using it,in the chair or in bed. like raQia says, posting on this site is compulsive, for all the wonderful support we give each other, so the battery wears down fast! I also agree about the wipes, and some means of recording your medication, so you know when its due. I printed out some medication record sheets I found online, and I write it all down.
Go well everyone, and good luck janis and raQia and everyone else who is having surgery in the next few days! :friends:
 
Sock helper has been good for the ted stockings, only just got that.
Which type has you used with those stockings? For some reason, the idea of struggling into those hose worries me some - it seems like it will be difficult. How have you found it? Do they bother you?

All the helpful suggestions from you "Vets" are so great - thanks!:thankyou:
 
The way we were shown to put the socks on was to put a plastic bag over your foot, stretch the sock and pull it on the foot over the bag, pull it up then remove the bag through the space below the toe. I only had knee length ones. To me they were infinitely better than full length things I had to wear after having varicose veins removed, they were like or could have been tubigrip, and just wouldn't stay up, cut off your circulation as they rolled down. I had to send my husband out to buy an old ladies suspender belt, not even a fashion item, white cotton.
ditzy dinah thanks, I see the biscuit confusion now! :happydance:
 
Just love you guys so funny and all the information is so helpful, thanks, Cruise2013, Karen
 
Hi Linda, yes ted stockings are a pain, no doubt about it, but it seems we may get off lightly here, as like you sue,I only have knee highs , so I can gaze at my lovely new knees with their tramlines all day. I had to fit the thigh high ones on patients when I was a gynae nurse, and there is a knack to putting them on, but it is quite a different story when you are putting them on yourself with knees that don't want to bend. Love the idea about using the plastic bag sue! Great that you were taught that....no one addressed that with me...a lot cheaper than buying a sock helper although to be fair, they are inexpensive. I've got the one with the plastic foot. It's quite rigid, and you put the stocking over it, then put your foot inside, then with tapes, pull it off your foot, and voila, the stocking is on your foot. Only problem is, the stocking is so stiff and tight, that it collapses the plastic, leaving hardly any room to put your foot in. Maybe the plastic bag trick would work better? Anyway, only another two weeks to go and I will be free! And hopefully will have the courage to shave my legs again! :whistle: !
I love the idea of the suspenders belt! Brilliant! Now there's an idea for you Linda!!
 
See if your doctor will order TED stockings. Mine does not use them, thank goodness, so I do not have the heat of them or the issue of trying to get them on my not so little legs. Did not use any with the first knee either- no problems.
 
I have thigh high TEDs quite sexy! :rotfl: between that and my Foley catheter garter belt I had in the hospital I am surprised Craig could keep his hands off me! LOL!! The stockings have not been an issue i just clip the band at the top because it hurt my thigh. It pressed in the same area the tourniquet bruise was located.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom