Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two New Knees!

Hope you got home without incident and resting Machu Pichu.
 
Home sweet home! Our puppy, kitties and kids happy to see us! Coming home was a breeze compared to the outbound trip. Had a family party tonight and people were so surprised how good I'm doing (last saw everyone Christmas Eve). Amazing what 7 weeks of healing does! Can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!!!
 
This will make my BoneSmarties laugh.

Home, in my own bed for the first time since 10/31/2016. (My nest was downstairs, then Hawaii)

Can't fall asleep......
 
Too much excitement being in your own bed :)
I'm having a difficult night sleeping. Must be because I had a great night sleeping yesterday.
 
@UACats70 When? At 6 weeks it was very uncomfortable. As far as suggestions:
Do everything you can to prevent DVTs I wore my compression boots in flight, took 325 mg ECA BID for day before, day of and day after flight, get up and walk every 60 minutes, ankle pumps frequently. Leg room or first class is totally worth the upgrade. Finding a seat with no one next to you could help also. Depending on your current pain, plan for it to double or triple en flight and after. Get wheelchairs at the airport.

At 10 weeks I still did the DVT prevention things but didn't have pain issues. I did use a wheelchair and was glad in Portland where we were at the absolute farthest gate from baggage!

I hope your trip goes well! Keep us posted.
 
@Red's Mom Thanks! Came out relatively unscathed. Was a bit sore b.y the time I got to the hotel. Did 4 miles on the stationary bike this morning. Knee feels better after cycling.
 
This will make my BoneSmarties laugh.

Home, in my own bed for the first time since 10/31/2016. (My nest was downstairs, then Hawaii)

Can't fall asleep......
Too much excitement being in your own bed :)
I'm having a difficult night sleeping. Must be because I had a great night sleeping yesterday.

Ha! We can't win for losing! What a lot we are :heehee: The key to sleep for me, was 1 is 2 benadryl at bedtime. Since I have allergies, it was kind of a 'dual purpose' thing. But after a week of waking up with the 'benadryl hangover' I decided I'd better try sleeping on my own. Now I toss and turn, bend and extend my leg, and wake up at the wee hours of the night. I'm miserable :skep:. But have I started taking the benadryl again? Of course not! What, I should make it easy on myself? :headbang:

@Red's Mom, hope M&P are getting used to your own bed.

@jaschembra, hope sleep caught up to you. You could always go the way of @Cratchit and count some :holysheep:

@UACats70, glad to hear travel went well - what did you end up thinking about the :meow: heels?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@UACats70 heels! I haven't been able to do them for a decade! Let us know how that goes
@jaschembra I went to the barn today, I'm a bit nervous but going to put my big girl panties on and get on at 11
@L.I.T slept 12-11. Was SO stiff had to roll about for 10 min before getting up! Your posts always make me :happydance:
 
Did you go for a ride on your horse yet? I would love to have one of my own. I hope all went well today after your long night sleeping.
 
Glad you're home and the trip was uneventful. How did the riding go? Can you use a little stool to get into the Stirrups?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom