TKR Two New Knees!

So happy you are doing well! And thank you for the encouraging posts! My husband and I have dual head showers in our bathroom, but I made us get a soaker tub for the guest room - the first time after TKR that I tried to get in the tub was quite amusing... I felt a bit like a shot put thrower - trying to hurl my leg over the side of the tub! Then, of course, the cats would become fascinated and try to 'catch' all the floating bubbles. Like cirque du soleil in our house! :spin:
 
Cats and baths continued - my friend was having a relaxing bath after a very stressful day. The lights were off and she had little candles set around the edge of the bath. Lovely. Until cat jumped up to see what was going on, set fire to his undercarriage and fled panicking downstairs. His lucky owner had to heave herself out of the scented water and chase him, gently smouldering, round the house. Bathroom door firmly locked these days!
 
If I read another post correctly: Happy B-lated Birthday (of yesterday!) So glad you were able to enjoy it with two new knees!!!
:flwrysmile::loveshwr::cheers::flwrysmile::friends:
 
@KarriB All is well. Life is resuming! Had a couple of knee funnies. Sat in my small bathtub to do a spring time leg shave. GOT STUCK! :rotfl: Thankfully my hubbie was home and he was able to get me up! I can't kneel except for on something really soft like the sofa. I've taken to washing the floors on my butt! It's hard to believe Machu will be six months old in two weeks! Picchu is still sometimes a bit of a brat with fluctuating ROM. My energy is at about 75%. My new house work and gardening plan is "the hour of power" every day! It is such a joy to not have pain all day long. Last Thursday we went to a live TV show taping. We had to stand in line almost two hours no issue! My dog is so thrillled that we walk again. Sometimes she wants to go home before I do. Life with Machu and Picchu is very good indeed. Time for another big hike. Maybe Nepal next fall?
 
What a difference tincture of time makes. Over the last two weeks I have travelled to Atlanta to visit a college roommate and then to Napa for a fun wine weekend. I had absolutely no trouble with all the airport walking. The standing at the wine tastings were painless! My energy drain is resolved, my knees feel good actually great most days. I'm ready to start doing more physically challenging activities and really work towards slowely getting in shape. We'll see what Machu and Picchu think about that. Picchu still is lagging a bit behind in ROM but I think starting to loosen up. I had a couple of long hot soaks with no repercussions what a joy that is! My life is resuming and I'm thrilled. The BoneSmart mantras are brilliant and the road to a successful recovery.
 
It's good to hear that your new knees are giving you back the life you want.
That's what we always hope will happen.
 
I'm so happy to hear the traveling was fun and eventful!
 
What a wonderful, inspiring report! You give inspiration to those coming up behind you!
 
Hello @Red's Mom. I'm fairly new to BS. I "celebrate" 7 weeks tomorrow and having the right knee done June 5. I went back to the beginning and read your entire journey. I have a lot of time on my hands :heehee:. I loved your story and it gives me hope. There are days when I am so discouraged with myself and then I get on here and read about someone else the has the same experience. It gives me hope and I see that this is normal... Thanks for your posts and I hope all continues to get better and better!
 
That's why this is such a good site. We have all had the experience of a knee replacement and want to share our experiences and help others. @Red's Mom is a prime example of what we can expect as time goes on! And it does take time!
 
Ha, what a funny story about the bathtub...I fell down some stairs 6 weeks after the 2nd knee, in August last year, I was terrified. I remember 8-9 years ago falling in 3-4 feet of snow on cross country skis and not having the ability to rise (2 months after surgery at age 50!) and when I called the OS to whine, he rattled off something about the difficulties of the elderly!
Of course I now know to roll, take the boots off, stand up, put the boots back on, ski away. And yes, 6-7 months after both TKRs, I was cross-country skiing very nicely.
 
I love reading success stories! I am 4 months post op bilateral TKR I feel great, minimal swelling and I hike 5 miles a day sometimes more. Funny you mention bathtubs , I was afraid to get in the tub... I finally hit the wall and said what the heck yesterday and had a bath... no problems getting out, thank God


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love this update!
I'm looking forward to the energy drain moving off! You've inspired me!
[emoji3]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi BoneSmart friends. Felt it was time to check in. "She's back" is what my sweet hubby says these days! I've been gardening like crazy my poor flower beds had been neglected for a few years! At first I struggled with balance and strength but after a month of digging, dividing, cultivating, planting and watering I'm back to almost my old self. I had my first fall in the garage, slipped on some granular fertilizer. After I hit the ground I laid there thinking " oh golly I hope I didn't screw up my knees". Thankfully just a few bruises and a couple of achy days. I've also had the energy to clean up the garage and basement. These areas were neglected for years due to my knee pain. The kids are on notice to get their **** organized and properly stored or it's headed to the thrift shop! I'm getting better at carrying things and maintaining my balance on one and two feet. Overall life with Machu and Picchu is great I'm 0/150 on the L and 0/120-127 on the R. Riding Red and maintaining my yoga practice in my spare time. Life is good I am thankful. l hope my journey might help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. I lift all the BoneSmarties in prayer every day!
 
You are getting back to living really quickly! What an inspiration you are to those coming up behind you!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom