TKR Two New Knees!

Yay, glad to hear you are still doing well! It's great that you occasionally 'forget' the pills... I told my husband the other day that time hasn't gone by this slowly since my divorce 12 years ago! That says a lot LOL

Keep up the good work... You'll have to post some more pics so we can live vicariously through you!
 
Aloha! Good to read your report. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy your winter break. You should post the leg pic with your two strips, looking out into the distant sea.

I've been thinking of your return home Nancy. I do hope you are going to let toddler and baby knees rest up prior to the trip.

Here's to another good day for you!
 
@Red's Mom Just stopping by your thread to say hello! Glad that things are moving along, even at a turtle's pace :heehee: Have a great day!
 
I'm jealous! I think my turtle missed the last couple of turns and is going in circles right now! Never-the-less, tomorrow is a new day, and maybe he will find his way back to the pack. Personally, I think it's alien abduction - that naughty alien in my knee is having a good belly laugh right now :shrug:
 
Update at weeks 14/10. It's hard to believe we're starting to get ready to head home! My 14 week old is doing well. Flexion over 130 consistently sometimes in the pool when warmed up by swimming it really bends like 145! It is stronger and doesn't really complain any more I'm proud of Machu! Now, onto Picchu cranky little one! I'm impatient with him. Enough already! We've been on this journey over three months! (He reminds me he is only 10 weeks). The good news is I am slowly getting stronger. My daily routine is 30 minutes gentle swimming, 30 minutes on the recumbent bike at level 6 and the treadmill @2mph, I can now do 7 1/2 minutes. Each activity is followed by a sunshine break! I also am not using my arms to sit anywhere. Balance continues to improve. I try to rise without my arms but that just isn't very comfortable. Picchu is hanging out at 120/0 but occasionally will go to 130-135 usually in the cool, pool water. I take Tylenol twice a day and ibuprofen once a day. Picchu still gets restless at night and had demanded Tramadol occasionally. Overall I'm happy with my new knees just waiting for the day that I forget I have new knees! Many of you who I follow are also making progress! Yeah for us!!
 
Yeah!! What a great report. Give Picchu time. He will be following in Machu's footsteps soon. Picchu may not like the expectations you're expecting of him to keep up with the older brother. And what's with the "male" implants inside a "female" body??? lol
 
I'm so looking forward to numbers like you've got, and SO encouraged by your progress!
We all have one bratty knee I guess.
[emoji6]
Sad to say the weather is slightly cooler here than you've gotten used to....but not too bad for February.
Glad to hear you're doing SO well!!
 
I think you're expecting a bit too much and doing too much for Picchu. That's a great deal of exercise for a knee that is only 10 weeks old.

Ease off a bit. All that exercise isn't necessary. And set the bike at no resistance. 12 weeks is the absolute minimum amount of time your knee needs before you start any strengthening exercises.
 
Yay! @Red's Mom! You guys are doing great (although I'm sorry you are having to leave paradise!)..... Sounds like your 'kids' are quite happy :happydance:

@jaschembra... Maybe we women are just so used to griping about the men we love.... My alien knee certainly seems to fall into that category. I mean, he DEFINITELY couldn't be female - what woman would purposely cause me all this grief? LOL :curtsey:
 
@Red's Mom Seems like you are doing awesome!!! Enjoy every moment left in paradise!!! Not too bad up here. Actually, Chicago has been pretty tame past couple of years.
 
I hope your journey home is less of a trial than your outward journey was.
 
@Celle when the bike was at 0 tension that fast swooping really bothered my knees. Set at 6 just slowed it down enough to feel "safe" it was in no way a desire to do any strengthening. Leg one of our journey home has gone smoothly. In Portland tonight then into Chicago tomorrow. It is amazing the difference 35 days makes!
 
Just found your thread and it is so encouraging [emoji41]. I'm having RTKR on Monday. Keep your thread going. Prayers for all.
 
@Red's Mom So glad to hear the first 'leg' if the trip was tolerable! It gives me hope, as hubby and I will need to fly from Las Vegas to Quebec around the end of March or so..... Gotta go visit the factory to see how my post-TKR boredom purchase is made (the camper trailer :blush:).

Hope you made it back to the windy city without incident! I've never been there, but I hear the food is great, and there's a candy factory that I should visit :eyebrows:
 
@hvtx51, good luck with your surgery - and beware of post-TKR boredom purchases! Many of us have driven the delivery men crazy!

PS - good to see another Texan on here. Hubby and I live in Southwest Utah now, but you know... Once a Texan, always a Texan!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom