Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two New Knees!

@KarriB we are blessed with sturdy mounting blocks at my barn. I would NEVER be able to get on from the ground! Not even twenty years ago! I'm also going to teach him to let me dismount at the mounting block. Hope he never dumps me in the woods ID have to walk all the way home unless I could find a downed tree or tall stump!
 
To say nothing about getting hurt if you get dumped! Hope I goes well tomorrow!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees!
Oh HAPPY DAY!!! My form isn't great and my leg aides are weak but we rode for 45 minutes walk, seated trot and posting trot! I wonder if he feels or heard the clunking,
 
Well done!
Keep on taking it easy. Slow and steady progress is the aim.
 
I'm sorry, redsmom! I did not get that tag alert! I came here to see how the ride went. I did feel unsure and scared of things that depend on my knee. My biggest scare was climbing up and down school bus steps. Have you seen how high those things are? I'm not sure how kindergarteners or first graders climb them.

We took a field trip 7 months after my TKR and I was worried. I had my cane because my left knee isn't good on steps at all. But my RTKR handled the steps just fine, not once, but 6 times! We had several stops greatand I had to get off and back up again. I wasn't sore at the end of the day and I even rode my bike that evening!

Looks like you did just fine though! Great job!
 
I bet I know someone who not only has some sore inner thigh muscles but other sore muscles as well!!

Glad to see you had a good time and Red was just perfect for you. I'm hoping someone rides my horse this week.
 
@Red's Mom - you are a Rockstar! It's so funny - I love to ride horses, but have never been able to afford one of my own. Last year, hubby booked us for a great trail ride in Zion for my birthday. But like the majority of my birthdays, it rained cats and dogs and we had to cancel.

So just the other day, I was wondering if I would be able to ride a horse again - something I did NOT take into consideration when I was making my TKR decision. Now I know!

A posted trot? On new TKRs? You have earned my respect!!!
 
@L.I.T Hahaha. My knees did NOTHING yesterday. I posted using my inner thighs and core. BOY OH BOY are those specific muscles screaming today!!! Fun thing is I don't feel the knees at all today! I'm clearly out of riding shape. Unbelievable what three months off can do to the middle aged body. I'm not a rockstar just trying to have some normalcy in this long journey. Today I used my three hour battery (my description of the profound energy drain I still feel) to start cleaning the house. At this snails pace it's going to take a month to get it all cleaned up and straightened out!

Is that's your cat in the water bottle case?
 
Well, I still think you are a ROCKSTAR! Own it, girl! :egypdance:

I know what you mean about muscles being out of shape. I cringe when I think of having to get in hiking shape again after 2.5 years of swimming :xmark:

YES, that's Lotto, the older of our Savannah's. He (for whatever reason) has an affinity for plastic bags. Particularly trash bags - he will get inside one and 'DEFEND' his bag from his little brother.

I also have a picture of Lotto looking out of the clothes dryer which is quite funny. If I ever find it, I'll pop that on for my avatar!

That last sentence made me think of the "how bow dat" girl - I never saw her, and haven't had the courage to even watch a you tube about her.... But, boy, when I get too close to 'millennial language', she reminds me to 'walk away, Liz... Just walk away' :heehee:
 
Yeah that those knees don't hurt!!! But I knew those inner thighs were going to scream. May be worse tomorrow.

That is a great description- a 3 hour battery. And that's not even using the 3 hours at one time, at least not in my time. I was away from the house 2.5 hours yesterday and could not wait to get back inside.
 
When I went back to swimming laps at 8 months my TKR felt fine, it was thenother muscles that killed me and the energy drain...STILL! I started with just 3-4 laps because I was so tired and took a few weeks to work upmto 15 laps.
 
Greetings fellow BoneSmarties :flwrysmile:

This is my 12/16 week update. I saw my OS he was thrilled with my current status. I asked him about the energy drain and he promised me that by six months it would subside. I do have a small bakers cyst behind my R knee which does fluctuate. On good days it is very mild and doesn't limit my ROM. If it is aggravated it does restrict me at about 115. My gait I still normalizing and lengthening. I still occasionally take a Tramadol at bedtime probably on days when Im more active. Per his request I am continuing to ice and elevate daily for 1-2 hours. I usually do this when my battery runs out. My battery length is approaching the 6 hour mark but then it is totally EMPTY!!!

:loveshwr:I learned a new trick this week but DONT TRY IT until you are at least 12 weeks out. Here it is: when you want to get up without using your hands, set your legs wide and mentally force your weight into your heels, it helps you pop up like a jack-in-the-box!

I took my first yoga class (Core Power HPF) since the replacements and I did OK, participated in 2/3 - 3/4 of the class. Spent the rest of my time stretching on my mat. Was exhausted for the rest of the day!:yawn: I'm getting there at a snails pace. Finally my house is looking like my house which is a stress reliever. Many have suggested a cleaning crew but in my situation that would have been fruitless as most of the issue was clutter and accumulating **** that needed to be put away etc. the cleaning for the cleaning lady took most of the time and energy. The actual cleaning wasn't that big of a deal! Now my goal is to catch up on all of the laundry!

Sending good healing wishes for all of my fellow knees out there, tincture of time is glorious.......:SUNsmile:
 
So happy for your positive appointment. You are truly an inspiration!!!
 
Awesome update!
I can't wait to get caught up in house stuff myself.
I love that you're back at yoga. I'm looking forward to trying that as soon as I can get up and down off the mat [emoji3]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Red's Mom AW, thank you for asking! I`m kind of plateauing at the moment. The Knee is still swollen, still hurts at times and that bloomin` hypertrophic scar is trying out a new version of zingers - electrifying! However, I`m just getting on with things, still walking, still doing all the housework etc and just doing what I want to do. Your reference to your energy battery and the life it has is a good and interesting way to describe it. I find I can do things like walk the dog, shopping, walking round town - activities which on the whole last about an hour - and then I need to recharge. I didn`t go back to work on the 27th as provisionally planned but will return later this month.

Big news - yesterday I submitted a formal letter of my intention to retire as of the 4th July this year - a fabulous day to gain Independence!

But even bigger and better news - you`re back on board Red!! Absolutely stoked for you! Was it scary/exciting?! Did it just feel absolutely wonderful? Did you cry? I would have done! Is posting trot the same as rising trot in English riding? I so need to lose weight and build up my core again. There`s a place up the coast that has Clydesdales, Cumbrian Heavy Horses. That`s where I want to go this summer - as a retirement treat!

You truly are amazing Red and such an inspiration for me this morning - thank you so much! :flwrysmile:


:horseriding: :fasthorse: :fasthorse: :fasthorse:
 
Back
Top Bottom