Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two New Knees!

@Josephine and other voices of wisdom...
Today upon awakening toddler knee 12 weeks out sore, swollen, stiff, hot. ROM decreased. Continued after icing/elevating, Tylenol and Celebrex. As the day went on I gave in and took Tramadol. I've taken it really easy today with lots of ice and elevation. I'm going to take more Tramadol at bedtime so I can sleep. Anything to worry about?
 
It looks as if the driving yesterday was too much for your knee - did you do anything else that was additional to your usual activity?
Rest, ice and elevate. It might take more than one day before you see results.

If the knee hasn't started to settle down within a few days, see a doctor.
 
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Even though my knee is but a wee one, I've realized that it's REALLY difficult for me to tell when I am overdoing things - my knee doesn't complain until 12 hrs later - like is has to think about it for a while. "Hmmmmm... Should I complain? Might be kind of fun to throw a nice big temper tantrum! Ha! That will show her!" :hairpulling:

Hoping it is just a 'normal' objection to the driving, and that ice and elevation cures all! :ice:
 
I certainly seem to have good and bad days with my knee/leg in general. Yesterday I had quite sore muscles which cramped my gait. Today I've woken up much better.
I asked the physio if it was proven that cold damp weather affected joints and she said that certainly she saw this clinically a lot.
Just off to see OS and hope to be allowed back behind the wheel!
 
@Spex10! I'm with you - ever since our 6 day rain-get ended over here, I've not had that troublesome ache... Makes scientists like me skeptical :what:

Looks like I'm going to be supporting drought conditions over here! :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
 
Nancy, I'm sure you're going to give your toddler knee "Manchu" just what she wants today - ice, elevation and rest!
Let us know how you're doing.
 
Went back to the every 6 hour Tramadol and Tylenol. Had a much better day today. I'm wondering if the hot tub for a really long 1hr+ soak irritated it? Hopefully tomorrow will be better too...
 
The hot tub soak could well have increased internal swelling and caused your symptoms. Best to avoid it, I think - even though I bet it felt great.
 
Glad you are feeling better - this learning our limits the hard ways is the pits! Can't we just get the user's manual? :reading:
 
Glad you are doing better. Despite the hiccups, enjoy your time in the sun. The Chicagoland area weather has been absolutely depressing. We haven't seen the sun in weeks!!!! Not even a peek.
 
Hope today is a better day for you. While heat often feels good, sometimes it can aggravate things.
 
Continued after icing/elevating, Tylenol and Celebrex. As the day went on I gave in and took Tramadol.
You "gave in" and took Tramadol? You're only 8 weeks out - you should still be on a proper pain management regimen which is Tramadol 3-4 times a day.
Went back to the every 6 hour Tramadol and Tylenol.
Good, that's what you should have done in the first place. And I bet you only took 50mgs, yes? tut tut!
I'm wondering if the hot tub for a really long 1hr+ soak irritated it?
Oh Red!! You know better than this, surely? NO HOT TUBS yet! :no-fin:
 
Another week goes by. Not really much to add. I've stayed out of the hot tubs and that was what was irritating my toddler knee. This weeks report @ 13/9 weeks. I did go to the beach, walking on the sand with trekking poles was OK. Didn't like the beach water entry, getting bounced about by the water wasn't enjoyable. Overall good function, slight increase in strength, less stiff and a bit less discomfort. Back to "forgetting" some doses of Tramadol/Tylenol. Icing AM and PM consistently and two or three periods of elevation during the day. This is a turtles journey to recovery for sure! Patience is a BoneSmarties virtue.
 
I'm always ok going into the surf, but getting out always scares me. I'm afraid I'll lose balance with the pull of the surf and go down! Ugh! How much longer are you in Hawaii?
 
"Turtles journey"
That is the truth right there
Glad you're headed back in the right direction
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom