TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi new knee in June Diana, some days we get down. I treat my emotions like bad weather. :wink: it will pass and the sun will come out again. Have you tried asking for ibuprofen gel that you rub on your knee, I used it before my op when my knee was swollen and painful. I always keep a tube handy on me. knee surgery is major stuff, dont let your therapist get the better of you. and Toni you really kept me going, today i had to walk to the bank, (600 metres) and back on my crutches. I was very tired when i got back home but I did it. :spin:
 
Hi there DAJ. Wow, girl, you are speeding right along!! Now, don't do what we all have done at least once..and that is overdo it!! We even have a club..the ODIC..( over did it club) LOL. We feel so good sometimes that we do too much and then our knee lets us know it is very unhappy. I've been initiated in that club more than once! Our rascally knees don't tell us until the next day it was unhappy with us.

Now go get a cup of tea, put your knee up and iced, and enjoy your accomplishments my dear. Way to go!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
Titianlady, hope you are having a good day and things are continuing to progress well.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
hi Titianlady Today, feeling irritated because once again lawyer let me down on a big date we had to prepare for, honestly want to fire her,just so frustrating! Taking it easier today as im not feeling up to much :bicycle2:
 
Good morning Toni,
You are doing wonderfully :) I wanted to wish you a relaxing pain free 4th of July.
Have you read Sonja's thread today...her knee cap seems to be pulling to one side :gaah:
She may need additional surgery. She has been through so much, I hope she is all right.
:angel: to her that all goes well......
Continue with your great recovery..
Talk soon,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Hi Diana! new knee in June. I'm doing ok. PT formally released me from therapy. He said I would not need out patient therapy at all.
My health nurse will be here tomorrow to release me from any more visits too.

The knee functions beautifully. I still have swelling that makes me crazy sometimes, but it gets better every day. I know I have been more active with this knee at this stage than I was with my other one last year. Last year I was using a walker at 3 weeks, with this knee I was using a cane at one week, and nothing at all now. Sooo, can't complain!

Made myself some breakfast this morning..scrambled eggs, toast, some fruit and coffee. Started my laundry, and gave the kitchen counters a quick wipe. Then laid back down after I ate and slept for a couple of hours with my leg elevated and iced.

Hope you enjoy the holiday!! We're going to watch the fireworks later tonight! :friends: :friends: :friends:
 
happy 4th July Toni! travelled by train to my seminar, had a great evening out for dinner with friends, managed to walk with a cane. and now in bed ready for tomorrow, no pain. excited I booked a weekend on 11th to Ischia Island :)
 
Good morning Toni,
I have not heard a word from scared in ca. I hope she is doing well. :) I do believe she will have her daughter post to us
When she is up to it. She knows how we worry.
It is so hot here ( Boston) I can't even go out in the yard...high 90's for the next 6 days :yikes:
Yesterday & today 100 :shocked:
I realize it is summer but, i can't wait for January.
I hope you are continuing your recovery & doing well.
Hugs....diana :kittykiss:
 
new knee in June. Oh, Diana, talk about heat!! It was 112 here today!! Brutal! And to top it off, some idiot drove his car into a power pole and caused a massive power outage on my side of town!! That was at 7:30pm. We had no air conditioning or lights until 9:40pm this evening. It was well over 100 degrees at 7:30pm, and by the time the electricity came back on we were roasting.

Thank goodness for ice packs!!! Hubby and I used one each around our necks ( I had one on my knee too) to try and keep as comfortable as we could. We both just laid down on the bed with our ice packs and tried not to expend too much energy. We got out our electric lanterns for some light, and just took a nap until things came back on.

It's supposed to cool down tomorrow to the high 90's. I love the fall and winter myself..my favorite time of year!

I hope Debbie (ScaredinCA) is doing alright. She was so frightened before surgery that I hope the first week of recovery hasn't been too much for her in her frightened state. Bless her heart.

Please let me know if you hear anything from her or her daughter.we do worry.

Take care Diana!! You sound like you're doing well too. :happydance:

Take care
 
Toni, I have been thinking about you all last week as the heat was on. I'm so glad you made thru yesterday. It was a very ruff day. So sorry to hear about the electricy. What a mess. I hope that no one got hurt. Glad you are doing so well. Take care and do take a easy. Tashia
 
Today was a rocky day..my knee bends very well, but when I stand up, the knee is sooo tight.it feels like it was welded on. The only words that come to mind are that they sutured it internally way too tightly. I've been fighting swelling with this knee from day two. Soo much different from my first one last year.
I can just feel the fluid rush into it the minute I stand up and put weight on it.

This afternoon, I was just so tired of trying to walking on this spring tight knee that I broke down in tears. I cried in my husbands arms for 20 minutes.
Elevating and icing, elevating and icing...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
So sorry, Titianlady, that knee #2 is being such a beast. Guess it just wants a whole lot more TLC than #1. It is amazing how different knees on the same body can be. Elevating, icing, and pain meds---only thing you can do right now.


Here's
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
TIME & PATIENCE will eventually take care of it all. Hang in there friend and know that you are loved.
 
Good morning Toni,
How are you today :) good i hope....it's so good to hear from my way....she is a lovely shade of purple
This morning. Now, if we could hear from scared in ca. Everything would be as it should :SUNsmile:
Have you read Sonja's latest post.......she cracks me up :rotfl:
Poor brownie is having a rough time :gaah: I hope everything works out for her. I can't imagine being
Treated like that by your own surgeon :headbang:
I am being released from home p.t this week, also cpm machine goes back, it only goes up to 110 &i am at 127-0 :dancy:
I am trying to cut down on Percocet, it's not going to well. I take 2 a day, so I guess that's not to bad. I can't believe
A person could ice & elevate for so long.....my local ice company is making a killing off me :rotfl:
All my best to you...have a relaxing Sunday...talk soon,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Dearest Toni,
I just read your latest post, sometimes a good :cry: is needed. I feel the same as soon as my meds. Wear off & I haven' iced
I feel very tight. I think so many things are healing in our knees, at different times, that's why we feel good &
Then something else is :groan: my new thing now is I feel like I have a spring in my step :dancy:
Ice, elevate pain meds on time & I'm positive you will feel better soon :SUNsmile:
All my best....it will get better...I promise.
Hugs, diana :console2:
 
I should have taken the percocet when my GP offered it to me two months ago!:headbang: I could have hoarded it till now.The dilaudid wears off in about 2-3 hours. :gaah:
 
new knee in June. Diana, thank you too my friend..today was just one of those days..I've been spending the last few days doing nothing but elevating, icing, and sleeping. Yesterday I spent the whole day in bed in my night gown. Today I got up and came into the living room.

I didn't feel well today on top of everything else so it was all too much. I slept a bit earlier this afternoon and early evening, so now here I am at 5:20am laying on my daybed wide awake.

Hopefully today will be better.
 
Hi My way Wanda!! How are you my dear? I sure know about those darn pain meds wearing off in just a few hours. I hated to have to take them every three hours. Never got a lick of good sleep because I was always taking pain meds.

Maybe your GP can give you something better for your situation. Dilaudid is a good pain med, but the fact that it is short lasting is one of its downsides in my opinion. I had that same issue with Percocet. This time I got pure Oxycodone with no Tylenol in it and each pill is 20 mg.mit works so much better for me than the other two. Lasts a bit longer, and if I really need it, I can take it every three hours. So far, every 6 does the job.

Take care my friend.
 
Hey there Titianlady My husband will be asking for long acting oxi and something for break through pain. My GP told me not to worry about pain post op as he will make sure I have proper pain relief.I guess it helps when your GP has been your Dr. since childhood and knows you are not a junkie.(yet):snork: I know what you mean about sleeping. Just as you get comfy the pills wear off and around and around we go.:rolleyes: What is their problem!:hairpulling:
 
Toni, I am so sorry to hear you are having trouble. Now my first knee I had trouble with an infection and the last one was so much easier. You just never know, do you? You aren't over doing it, are you? The second time I really have to be careful not to over due it. Please take care my dear friend. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom