TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Dulcimer Diva Sandy.. Once you get home I think you will make better progress. You can handle your own pain med schedule according to your body, not the computer, and you will have control over your activity level.

If they discharge you before Mondwy,that may just be a blessing in disguise..

Hang in Sandy. You know what to do when you get home. Lets you through this and out of there.
 
I see my OS Monday (whether from here or home), and will tell him in no uncertain terms about my inadequate pain control and overly-aggressive PT compared to last year. I know "no two knees, even on the same patient, are alike." Nevertheless, why did I make better progress and go home faster last year with less aggressive and less frequent PT (HALF as frequent!) and better pain control? Seems pretty obvious. Will also ask point-blank why the change in pain protocol. Now, I have a small stash of Norco at home, but I fear my insurance company will notice the Opana (of which I was given a supply to take home but don't want) and put the kibosh on anyone renewing the Norco once it's gone. Only hope I do get a scrip for it from my OS. I suspect that I can self-wean far more effectively with less pain than this comedy of errors here in rehab.
 
Hi Toni Titianlady seems like we are destined to be twins. Im having my staples out tomorrow too! Well its two weeks since we were operated on now. There was a mixup on my appointment but then they rescheduled for tommorow, i wish i had the nurse coming to me at home instead i have to go into the hospital to have them taken out, with a long wait in the queue no doubt. oh onward and upward, i have to travel to a seminar on the 4th no peace for me. I have a playmate today an enormous black cat called Micha , my friends cat as im staying over with her.
Wishing you a loveky first shower!!! Donna
 
Hi DAJ Donna!! Wow, it sure does sound like we're mirroring recoveries!! We can both look forward to being staple free tomorrow. I can't wait to get these things out.

I am fortunate to have a home health nurse come to the house. She has come and monitored me three times a week since I came home from surgery. Changed my dressing, made sure the incision was healing, blood pressure ok, and monitored my health in general following the surgery. It's common place here. I kind of felt guilty having her come as there was really nothing wrong and she drives 30 miles each way to see me!! I'm healthy as a horse.

I could not imagine having to get in a car and go to the hospital or Drs office at the stage. As great as I feel, that would wipe me out!

Ahhhh, enjoy your friend lovely kitty. They can be such comfort. I have a little Egyptian Mau kitty named Chloe that has decided, as she did last year with my first knee, that she is my guardian. She never leaves my side, and even try's to help me push my walker!

I am sooo looking forward to that shower. Just 24 more hours until shower bliss..
 
Dulcimer Diva Sandy, I would certainly voice my displeasure at the difference in treatment, and outcomes. Having aggressive PT every day is not making your recovery go smoothly. Fighting to keep your pain level tolerable has also been counter productive..you haven't been able to relax at all.

If for some reason your insurance won't pay for a new script for Norco, then it would be worth it to bypass them and pay out of pocket as if you had no insurance. In this case, I would not mind the cost, frankly. You need to have your pain under continuous control with something that works for you.

Hopefully, your OS will open his ears and listen. If not, is your primary care physician open to working with you on pain control?

I'm still crossing fingers that this will be resolved before you get home Sandy. :friends:
 
Wow i envy you nobody has put there hand on me since the hospital, had to change dressing myself, and spend hours on the phone while they jerked me around for my app for the staples, plus i have had to move out of my house on crutches as somone had rented it in advance before i had the date of the op. that has been hard, tomorrow i have to catch a lift to the hospital at 7 am with a friend take a number and wait in a queue for my appointment around 11am. Not sure if ill see my doctor or a stand in junior. sucks, but i have to do it. Going to try post my kitty photo for you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
bellagio my kitty
 
What a coincidence: I had a big black cat named Misha! Adopted him as a kitten. He lived to almost 8 but died suddenly of dilated cardiomyopathy. I miss him so, even though I have 3 kitties, one of them black!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DAJ
You "curve wrecker" you, Toni! :loll: Congrats--things are going great!
 
You "curve wrecker" you, Toni! :loll: Congrats--things are going great!

:rofsign: Well, let me assure you it's sure not anything I'm 'doing' cause I'm not doing anything but follow the mantra!! I guess my surgeon was having a good day when he put this knee in.
 
free at last.....free at last!!!!! DR took my staples out at hospital, I was first in the queue this morning!! Toni how are you going?just two more days and I can have a shower.
 
Hi Toni,
How are you doing...I,ve been trying to get in touch with my way and haven,t heard a thing.
Last I heard she wasn't,t feeling well...I think she has pre-op stuff today....do you know if she,s all right
Diana
 
new knee in June. Diana, I haven't heard from her either.. Gosh, I hope she's ok. I'm hoping it's just pre op nerves and that she's busy
getting last minute things done. Let me know if you manage to spot her on the forum..we do worry.

How are YOU doing Diana?
 
Hi, just got home from my pre op visit. I'm first on the list 9 am Tuesday morning. I'll check back in later as I have to do some shopping. All is well.:SUNsmile:
 
DAJ. YEAAAA!!! You're staple free! I'm still waiting for the nurse. She should be here this afternoon!! Not looking forward to the procedure, but looking forward to when it's over!!! Last knee I had a couple of staples that felt like they were attached to my spleen! LOL
A couple of real OUCH moments.
Two days till you can shower? Well, wrap your knee in cling wrap..you know the stuff. That's what I'm going to do as soon as these things are out and the nurse leaves!! I already have the shower all set up..towels laid out, fresh clothing laid out..shower chair in the shower and husband on standby to help. Can't wait!!!
 
Hi, just got home from my pre op visit. I'm first on the list 9 am Tuesday morning. I'll check back in later as I have to do some shopping. All is well.:SUNsmile:

My way. There you are!!! We were getting worried!! I take it your preop went just fine. How are you feeling? We're counting down with you sweetie. Just a few more days till all this running around getting things done will be done. No more waiting and anxiety. When you wake up in recovery, you will be able to take a deep breath and breath a sigh of relief.

Please keep us informed. We are thinking of you and getting excited for the day right along with you!! :friends: :friends: :friends: :console2: :console2:
 
YEAAAAAA!! Staples are out!! Sooo much better. I still think the assistant that did the staple job was still asleep and needed a few lessons in how to use that staple gun. Some of them were angled one, way, others were angled in the other..the incision line was a bunched up mess..BUT, they are out. WHEWW, sigh of relief.

My PT showed up about 10 minutes after they were out and we went for a walk. He measured my ROM and I actually didn't believe him..I made him do it a second time...I am 14 days out of surgery and my numbers are 126/0!! :shocked:

Needless to say, I am thrilled beyond words, and will make sure I give my surgeon a huge hug and my thanks.i know his skill made this possible!!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DAJ
Toni,
What a wonderful day you had. Your rom is amazing,I,m at 110-0 we are on our way.....look out warriors...
I wanted to ask you a question......my pain right now is tightness in my leg. My best days are after p.t when I,m
All loose. I do cpm machine 3 times a day & ice constantly after I just tighten up. Any ideas to not tighten up so quickly.
Thank you,
Diana
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom