TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with pain and swelling at the moment. I think that all of us have a tendency to overdo things at times because we are so happy that the surgery is over. Hope you have a lower pain weekend resting and icing and that it gets the swelling and pain under control
:friends:
 
Glad you had a good nurse come check you out. Have a knee-cation this weekend. :)
 
Hi Toni, I'm finally catching up on your thread. You reminded me, when you said, your first knee was so much better and this one is giving you grief, when I had my first child he was such a good baby, he slept nice long naps and slept all night at one month. Years later I said man that was easy, let's try for another one, then we had our daughter and you could swear a tornado had just rolled into town! She was a colicky, she would sleep unless she was in my arms, and she was a finicky eater. So I guess what I'm saying is that I made the poor judgement of thinking that both my children would be of the same temperament, and our new knees are our new children never to be compared. Enjoy your new children for who they are, and they will do good by you my friend.

Have you tried massaging your leg with up strokes toward your heart, that might help move some of the fluid above your knee.

Stay well and try and stay positive my friend, and remember slow wins the race.:console2:
 
Hi Toni,
I have a funny story for you...since we are both icing & elevating.....& bored. :) this morning my
Lovely kitty named mouse...decided to visit me. She took her place on my chest & threw up a whole can of cat food
All over me & my comforter :sick: I could not :no-fin: at my wonderful mouse, as I truly love her so much :kittykiss:
I hope your swelling is coming down.
Hugs.....diana :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Toni,
I have a funny story for you...since we are both icing & elevating.....& bored. :) this morning my
Lovely kitty named mouse...decided to visit me. She took her place on my chest & threw up a whole can of cat food
All over me & my comforter :sick: I could not :no-fin: at my wonderful mouse, as I truly love her so much :kittykiss:
I hope your swelling is coming down.
Hugs.....diana :SUNsmile:


OMG, can I relate to that!!! I have been the recipient of a few, shall we say, " kitty digestive presents" just like that!! LOL
Us kitty owners know only too well to buy comforters, blankets and throws that are machine washable!!

On one occasion my husband discovered a "digestive present" in his shoe!! LOL. He unfortunatley discovered it after he put his foot in the shoe!
 
On one occasion my husband discovered a "digestive present" in his shoe!! LOL. He unfortunatley discovered it after he put his foot in the shoe!
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
Oh, Titianlady, Toni that is funnnnneeee! as only a real cat lover could see.
 
Good morning Toni,
How are you doing on your knee-cation? I hope your swelling is going down :) I start out-patient
Therapy next week. I am going to visit today to tell them only gentle stretching :ok: when I do my
In home p.t it takes me a whole day of icing to get back to normal.
Did you hear Grammy has spoken to Debbie ( scared in ca.) ? She is having a hard time with her pain meds :beg:
She kept saying this the whole time. We wish her well :console2:
Have a wonderful day :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I also have "cat troubles" - they have taken a liking to my operated knee as it is lovely and hot for them to sleep on so have to send them downstairs at night time to protect the TKR
 
puffin. Aren't cats just the sweetest little opportunists!! Mine have stayed away from my leg, than goodness. But they glue themselves to me when I don't feel well. Yesterday I felt terrible in general and spent the whole day in bed. My kitties were snuggled up to me the whole day. They do try to comfort us.
 
new knee in June. Oh, thanks for letting me know that Debbie is ok! I feel bad that she isn't getting her pain managed well. No wonder she isn't in the mood to post.
 
hey Toni Titianlady sorry to hear about your swelling. If you are 4 weeks out than so am I , as we were operated on the same day. Ive been on a trip, got back today. I swam everyday morning and evening, I found that doing stretches in the water was so much better. swimming really is the answer for us bone -peeps. I walked with one crutch everywhere, and went slowly when it got stiff. I elevated and tried not to push it. I havent taken a painkiller since 3 days after the op. I even had a short beach walk to the restaurant! that was quite tough. Im going to take it easy for the next week, and use the stationary cycle and swiss ball to slowly get back into shape
So hope you all had a good Monday, and put your feet up!
 
Hey there Toni, I hope your rest is helping. This recovery can be frustrating and I'm only 13 days in. gotta love those cats. I remember one of mine leaving the same kind of present in my father's shoe. :rotfl: It's funny now but I heard words I didn't know existed!
Wanda
 
puffin DAJ My way new knee in June. Today has been a great day!! The knee feels so much better. The swelling has gone down and I can walk normally and not hurt. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for sure!! Flex is 138 and extension 0.

I am taking the time to do nothing but sit still. It has paid off wonderfully! I should have known from the start that I was doing too much too soon, but I can be a hardhead sometimes. Lesson learned for sure!!!

Glad to hear you are all coming along well!! Time makes all things better doesn't it?
:friends: :friends: :friends: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
 
Dear Toni,
Great to hear your swelling has gone down :happydance: you had a great nurse who knew what
You needed to do & it worked :egypdance: now, lets go slowly with any pt you may start
Remember.....ice, elevate, gentle stretching , pain meds. On time.
You really made my night, I am so happy for you :yes!:
Diana :friends:
 
new knee in June. Thank you Diana!! Today was a pain free day. I felt great and my husband took me out for dinner. We sat in a booth, and I sat in one corner with my leg stretched out across and laying on the whole seat. No pain at all!! After dinner, we came right home and I laid down and took a nice nap and iced while I slept.
I've been released from PT completely.flexation and extension are great , quads are strong, so no outpatient PT was ordered. Now I just have to be careful NOT to overdo it for a while.

Tomorrow I plan on taking it easy and spending my time reading and watching TV. If I feel well enough, I might go grocery shopping with my husband and ride in one of the electric carts.

I only took 2 pain pills today..one this morning, and one about 7pm. I got some extra strength Tylenol, and will try using that tomorrow.
:friends:
 
Toni - so happy to hear that you are having a better day and that resting and "doing nothing" have helped with the swelling and pain. :thumb:

I think that this is one of the hardest lessons that we TKR:ers have to learn - we are all used to "working hard" and "no pain - no gain" approaches - but sometimes our knees just need som quiet healing time to recover from the surgery.
 
Hello Toni,
So glad you are feeling better :) getting out& about is so good. I did stairs today with my p.t
It's like learning to walk all over again :shocked:
If you get a minute could you please say a :angel: for Sonja (rest assured) she's having a very painful night.
We wish her the best.....
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Hi Toni. So glad you are feeling better and that your swelling has gone down. You have great ROM too! You are one day after me and my ROM is still very poor at 58 and I'm still swollen so I think you are doing great! I am learning the lesson too - my knee actually feels better and is less swollen if I do NOTHING :)
Pets are just great aren't they - I am getting so much comfort from my cat, my dog and my two gorgeous horses :puppysmooze: Your "kitty digestive presents" made me laugh :giggle:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom