TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Titianlady how was day today? Still feeling better I hope. did you feel well enough to terrorize the customers at the store? I can't imagine the damage I would cause, trying to get around on one of those things. Utter ruin.:rotfl: Oh my I can see me careening down the aisle with little old ladies jumping out of my path!
Wanda
 
Hello Toni,
If I may ask.....how long & how many times a day do you ice? I feel like I am forever icing & elevating :shrug:
Can you do to much? I hope you got to go to the supermarket....I could never ride one of those electric wheel chairs...
All the displays would be on the floor :scare: look out !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your answer,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Toni, I'm happy to see that you are doing well, and things are getting better for you! Going out to dinner is a great way to feel like your human again, awesome! You have a great ROM, that must make you feel so good. Stay well my friend!
 
Hello Toni,
Hope you are out & about, & feeling wonderful :) just wanted you to know....I'm thinking of you
Always.....
Hugs & best wishes,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
new knee in June puffin My way Jacky48. Hi ladies! Thank you all for your concern. I have been taking it easy and hubby and I turned the living room into a theatre and have watched movies and ate popcorn. We have stayed up until the wee hours of the night like a couple of teenagers.

I'm still battling the swelling area. My knee does not hurt,extension and flex are great,but that swellings just not wanting to go away.

I ordered a Tommy Copper compression knee sleeve to wear. It should be here Friday. It is light weight, thin, and has a silicone band at the top to help keep it from rolling. I find that a little compression helps.

I'm glad you are all coming along!! June Sunbeams are on the mend!!
 
Good morning Toni,
So good to hear from you :) I am glad to hear you have been taking it easy. I hope your new compression
Sleeve works on your swelling :SUNsmile:
Today my way, puffin & I start out patient therapy....should be some good stories about swelling & pain later
On in the day :boohoo:
Did you know that Debbie ( scared in ca.) is home from rehab & has been posting?
She has had a trying time from the start.....so good to hear from her :yes!:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :friends:
June sunbeams :SUNsmile: onwards in our recovery.
 
new knee in June. Hi Diana! So you are going to outpatient therapy! Good!! Now watch out for those therapists..don't let them think they are trying to train an out of condition knee instead of a recovering knee replacement!!

You tell them from me, my dear friend, NO PAIN FOR DIANA!! Or I'll have to hop a plane and give them the proper attitude adjustment!!

Oh, gosh, I read Debbie's post..she sure did have a rough start! But she seems to be coming along well all things considered..has a good ROM and I think in a few months, she will be glad she had her knees replaced after all.

Good luck at PT tomorrow!! Go easy, and keep me up to date!! :kittykiss: :happydance: :friends:
 
Hi Toni! Creating your own movie theater and behaving like teenagers sounds like great fun! :happydance:

I hope your new sleeve helps with the swelling kiddo. I can clearly remember that the swelling took a good couple of months to go away for me, and still after that it would return for a bit if I did too much.
 
Hi all!! I called my surgeons office this morning and spoke to his nurse..surgeon is out of the office this week, so I will see him on August 7.

She thinks I have a pocket of blood in the knee that doesn't want to absorb..if that is the case Dr will aspirated it. If that doesn't resolve it, then an arthroscopic washout.. Once in a great while, there can be a small bleeder that doesn't want to seal up.
In that case, a special CT with contrast would show where that is, and it can be cauterized in the event that it is still leaking.
Please pray for me!! I hope a simple aspiration will do the trick.
 
Jacky48. Thank you Jacky..I just knew that this was not ordinary swelling..it didn't feel right. I am soo scared, and disappointed. I certainly do not want to have an arthroscopic washout..I've had enought discomfort and surgery for the last year. I also don't want to have to keep going to my surgeon if one procedure doesn't work, and another has to be done. It's a long drive when your knee is swollen.

The closest thing I can tell you about how it feels is this..if you've ever tried to run in a pool, you know how that resistance in the water feels..well, that is how it feels when I bend or straighten my knee..like I'm moving through the water..that resistance.

The knee doen't hurt, and aside from the resistance feel, it bends past 138 and extends to 0. But when I stand up,, the knee feels like it is 'full'..heavy, and the lump of swelling gets in the way of walking. Sometimes when I step forward, and force through the swelling, the pressure can occasionally make my foot feel tingly..like the swelling may be pressing on the nerve. All of this is pain free, but it is a not comfortable.

Josephine Orthodoc. Any advise or comments for me? I am scared! The knee is NOT hot or red. If not for this swelling area, it would be fabulous. Other than this issue, the implant feels perfect.

I have been so depressed with this that I have lost 10 pounds since my surgery..not that that isn't welcome, but not like this.
 
then a laparoscopic washout
arthroscopic - laparascopic is in the belly!
Once in a great while, there can be a small arterial bleeder that doesn't want to seal up.
Not an artery! You'd be in serious trouble if it was an artery. Worst case scenario it's a tiny vein but more likely just general oozing from nowhere in particular, just the tissues in general. Don't be scared. This happens occasionally and will settle once you are off the blood thinners. And I've never known anyone have to come back a second time for something like this to be dealt with.
 
Josephine.. I did mean arthroscopic!! darn auto correct on this I-Pad. it certainly does make more sense that is a vein. I only used aspirin for blood thiner, and stopped them the end of June! The nurse told me they do see this scenario..pocket of blood or fluid that the body just won't absorb or clear.

She did say that if the aspiration doesn't do it, then the washout will take care of it. The only way to tell, is if the swelling does not come back after the aspiration, then all is good..if the aspiration is insufficient to resolve the swelling, then the washout.
 
Dear Toni,
So glad you called your surgeon because you knew something wasn't right :) what the nurse said makes a lot
Of sense. I'm sure sometimes fluid & blood could get trapped. Once you find out the problem, you can find a solution :SUNsmile:
Please don't be sad or up-set....we are here for you :friends:, & help with any decision that you make.
You my dear are a June sunbeam :SUNsmile:
We don't give up & we don't give in.....please keep us posted
All my best,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Dear Toni,

Please don't be sad or up-set....we are here for you :friends:, & help with any decision that you make.
You my dear are a June sunbeam :SUNsmile:
We don't give up & we don't give in.....please keep us posted
All my best,
Diana :kittykiss:

You all are just the best!! :thankyou: :friends:
 
Hope that you get this sorted out - hope it will resolve by itself without any further surgery
:friends:
 
Hello Toni,
I wanted to send you an encouraging message :) I had that same hard lump above my knee.
I ice & elevate alot, like you do. Well, 2 days ago one side went down & this morning the other side went
Down :dancy: now, I am not comparing recoveries...but my surgery was June 3 yours was June 14.
I :angel: the same happens to you with-in a week or two. I can bend so much easier :SUNsmile:
Keep on icing...it does work.
Thinking of you always,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
I also had an enormous lump post surgery - it was the size of my fist and stuck up way above the height of my swollen kneecap when I came home from surgery - but now at 7 weeks it has reduced in size and drawn together in a hard lump about 2½ inches in diameter (I presume of old blood). The OS said that it was bleeding in the tissues but it will clear up by itself over several weeks or possibly months

Hope yours is something similar and clears up without further intervention
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom