Hi everyone... wanted to pop in and give an update. I realized my 6 mo anniversary was earlier this week, and I can't believe it! I can confidently say that my hips feel "normal", whatever that means, haha. I don't think about them, they don't limit me - I find myself moving in ways I haven't in years, and i am finally not hesitating anymore. Travel to and around Amsterdam and Luxembourg went really well, and my hips were a non-issue.
The one problem I still have is decent swelling in my feet and ankles by the end of the day. It is much worse on the left side. My doctor is not surprised or concerned, given I have had 3 major surgeries on my left leg in a 4 year span. Still, it's very frustrating that most of my shoes are quite uncomfortable now.
My right knee... that's another story. It is not adjusting to this new more active life. I know a replacement isn't too far off, but getting injections soon to hopefully give me more time. I would really like a couple years between surgeries, if possible. However... I won't wait too long, like I did with the left knee. I learned my lesson!
On the non-joint front - we started a kitchen renovation this week. Tearing it down to the studs and subfloor. I am so excited!! It will be tough to be without a kitchen for 3+ months, but so worth it in the long run!
Hope all is great with my fellow smarties!!