Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I stopped the medicines I was suppose to and I can tell they did do some help because there is extra pain coming back into my pain feeling part of my brain I guess is what tells you, hey that hurts. I hope that sentence makes sense.

Last night going down to get ice water I did that trick where you think there is only one step left but it's actually two. WOW did that ever hurt and it still does. Even worse than the hip. I hurt my left knee, shoulder and wrist. It's the left knee that's hurting the most. I'm thinking I should ice it. Is that a good idea. Last night my left side of the body was the one waking me up. I hope I didn't permanently damage anything.

My countdown clock is at 3 days 11 hours & 32 minutes as of 6:26 DST in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA.
 
Ow, not good Joe! Hopefully youve just upset your already stressed knee (from limping) and it will settle shortly. I had plenty of other sore things before surgery and none of them have hurt since. Wouldn't hurt icing those new injuries. Ice helps the pain. Take it easy and rest if you can. Not long to go and you will be on the mend.
 
Two days and a wake-up! Butterflies in tummy quite normal at this stage, Joeski (and all others soon to have shiny new hips.)
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
 
Two days and a wake-up! Butterflies in tummy quite normal at this stage, Joeski (and all others soon to have shiny new hips.)
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
I wish I could fall asleep tonight & wake up just in time for Wednesday. I am so happy though that I am not as bad as I was pre BoneSmart. I probably would have gone to a hotel for a few days to hide out. That's how irrational I was. I'll be packing my stuff for the hospital tonight and some more cleaning. It's getting so weird with my sleep. I didn't fall asleep until 7:00 AM then woke up about 6:16 PM. I was able to get up & going at 6:16 the rest of the times I woke up during the day I just rolled over or a quick bathroom visit. The waiting is making me stir crazy as of late. :headbang: :hissy: :tantrum:
 
I take it you're not working the next 2 days? My surgery was a Wednesday, too, and I worked non stop so I didn't have time to think about it. You'll be fine! I'll be looking for your first recovery post.
 
@BarbaraR No work for me. I let my self get so bad I was put out on short term disability at the end of January for the severe arthritis & narcolepsy. I work in a lab & I was a danger to myself & co workers & the product I test due to the severe tiredness.
 
How's your knee today? I hope it's feeling better.
 
How's your knee today? I hope it's feeling better.
Thank you for asking. It is doing so much better. I was really worried when I went to sleep last night because it was still really hurting. It still needs some healing of whatever I did to it but I think by my big day It will be A OK. What is starting to get to me is the stopping of all the pain medicines for the 10 days before surgery. Only 2 days and about 2 hours until I get up to start that big day.
 
It must be really hard, I was not so bad as to need many painkillers before surgery. I just used a crutch to relieve the pressure on my hip and back. It will be a hard two days, but you are almost there! Just lay around as much as you need to. Two days until that awful pain is gone. :)
 
I'm glad your knee is feeling better.
Hang in there, Joeski, you're on the home stretch now!
 
I've been thinking of you Joeski, keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery. I was so scared when I found Bonesmart, but now I'm just excited to get this taken care of. I have followed you since finding bonesmart, and I look forward to hearing ALL about your surgery and recovery. I'm envious actually, that you will be pain free in less than a day and I will still be a hurting 'unit'. Good luck tomorrow!!!! :happydance:
 
I hope you can get some rest between now and Wednesday. I just read about your fall...on top of everything else that's the last thing you needed, I hope you're knee is better now. The waiting for the day of surgery is the worst when it gets this close but the best thing is to keep yourself busy. Too bad your doctor didn't prescribe you something that you could take for your pain up to your surgery. I had painkillers that I took the night before my surgery.
 
Joeski Here are my prayers and best wishes for tomorrow! I hope I'm not too late. My alert notifyer isn't working right, so I had to manually seek you out here! This time tomorrow, no more bone-on-bone pain!!!!! :yay: chris
 
Joeski, I thought your surgery was scheduled for the 27th---has that been changed?
 
Good luck tomorrow!!!!
Hello Jojool, not yet tomorrow, Wednesday the 27th. About 1 day & 8 or 9 hours. Which is so amazing because I never ever, never that is thought I could do this. BoneSmart & mainly the BoneSmarties saved me!
 
The waiting for the day of surgery is the worst when it gets this close but the best thing is to keep yourself busy.
Hi sandybeach, wow is that the truth. I've been trying to keep busy but some times the clock won't move. I luckily got some generic percocet for tonight & tomorrow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom