Guest viewing is limited

Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joeski.....? Did you sleep all day, or have you left the country?

What time is your surgery? I report to the hospital at 10 AM. We're in the same time zone, so I want to send positive thoughts and fervent prayers your way just at the appropriate time. Thank you very much!

I, on the other hand tomorrow morning, will be paddling an aluminum canoe in gusty winds, trying not to run over snorkelers who are capturing turtles for our fresh water turtle survey. And it will be 39 degrees really it gets that chilly there in late March, wow. tomorrow morning, too, and the turtles will be large and not happy, so spare a prayer for Sissy, too! THR might be preferable.

This time tomorrow, your surgery, your anxiety, and all the years of waiting will be over. And I truely have you and BoneSmarties for that happening. I know if I never found this site I would have canceled once again. I have no doubt I would justify to myself once more.

I wish for you a good night's sleep, complete confidence in your surgeon and OR team, and the courage to take all the meds they offer, even if you don't think you need them. Thanks & I will.

And if you don't post just as soon as you can----we're coming after you!
I will post as quick as I can.
 
Thank you so much you fabulous octopus you! I took your advice & watched a movie & a half and ate whole lot of Chinese take out since I won't be able to eat for a long while. I'm thinking 24 hours or something like that. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll be asking for something for my nerves 1st thing. My son said he's going to steal my car keys, & clothes so if I did try to chicken out it won't be easy.
:cheers: to your son! Was a bit worried you might have done a runner! Just kidding, I know you'll be there. I'm really excited for you, you've come such a long way! Best wishes again. :)
 
Joeski, so one more wake up and you will be on your way to a brand new you and your shiny new bionic parts! I can't believe I'm finally am going to be fixed! We're all pulling for you and wishing you the best. Thank you very much. Good luck to your doc (and you , but remember you're just along for the ride). Your work begins once he's finished his part. It's been great watching your transformation and I imagine you'll be excited and hard to contain once it's all done and you're back to your old antics! Sleep well and let everything fall into place. Don't hesitate to ask for things while you're at the hospital if you need them. Somehow I don't think you'll be shy about it! :) Nope thanks to kind people like you teaching me what needs to be done.



[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
 
Hi Joe

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow! You've made it! :happydance: once you get to the hospital it's usually all go, so you won't have much time to worry about anything.

Best wishes
Diane
Hi Diane, thank you very much. That will be great when there is no idle time.
 
Hi Joe, Tommorrow you will be on your way to a life without bone on bone pain and filled again with activites you love. See you on the other side.
Hello Beth, Goodbye bone on bone it was not nice knowing you. To be able to do the things I used to like to do will be like a "kid in a candy store"! Thank you for the post.
 
Good night all. Thank you so much for all your kindness. It's 4:30 AM here I I better get a little sleep now. My son works 10 PM to 6:30 AM so he'll have me up and out by 9:15 to get to the hospital by 10 AM.

BoneSmart you kind of saved my life because I was ready for the junkyard and never thought I could do this no matter how much worse it would become. I cant properly express my gratitude no matter how I try.

Joeski soon to be finally fixed!!!
 
Thinking of you this morning brings back lots of memories (distant memories) of 6 months ago---I was just where you are this morning, still nervous, but so looking forward to getting past the surgery and on with my life. And I did, and you will:egypdance:

Sending all the very best wishes and thoughts your way from sunny (but cold this morning) Florida. The fastest turtle I catch this morning shall be called : "Joeski!":SUNsmile:
 
Way to go JoeSki! It's the big day, many thoughts are with you today. looking to hear
from you this afternoon after surgery.
:yay:
 
Woohoo! You should be done and dusted by now! Look forward to seeing you on the other side when you are able. :happydance:
 
So now we all wait....yoo-hooo, Joeski! How does it feel to be on the other side?
 
Hello everyone. Well I did it. :happydance: :yay: :yahoo: I'll write a little tonight about the day but put together a better one in the next day or two. I couldn't fall asleep until about 5:30 AM eastern daylight savings time. My son woke me at 8:30 but let me get 15 more minutes but I got up before that. I used that reddish scrub to clean myself really well and then off we went. I got to the check in 2 minutes late so jokingly said to everyone welcoming that I guess I got to go back home. Well that didn't work.

The process took over and 1 & 1/2 hours flew by until I was wheeled in to the OR. By the way because of all you great BoneSmarties and BoneSmart I was not scared at all. :thankyou: :yes!:your all :angel: of mercy.

I told them early about my fears and it was taken care of early with I think Ativan?

Once in the OR a little chit chat then next thing I remember is waking up in recovery and the only pain I had was a burning sensation where the incision was made. I expected to feel as if my legs were spread open and all the doctors & nurses would drive their cars over my bad hip leg. Kind of like a really ridiculous cartoon.

I have been getting lots of attention from my nurses and Occupational Therapist. I got up & walked to the rest room. I hope this made some sense.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom