Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joeski Here are my prayers and best wishes for tomorrow! I hope I'm not too late. My alert notifyer isn't working right, so I had to manually seek you out here! This time tomorrow, no more bone-on-bone pain!!!!! :yay: chris
Hi there zauberflote. Thank you for the prayers & best wishes. Your not to late it's on Wednesday & then I'll be done with that bone on bone pain. :yes!:
 
Hi Joe, thinking of you today as you face your last day of waiting. Rest & relax, do something that you enjoy (if you can), like watch a movie, or have your favourite take-out. Tomorrow is going to come, just take some deep breaths and go with the flow. Best wishes for tomorrow, we are cheering you on and look forward to catching up with you on the long awaited "other side". When you see the anaesthetist, if he doesn't offer, ask for something for the nerves, it's best thing I did. :)
 
So tomorrow is The Day? You'd be in a minority if you were not nervous, I think. Take the advice you've been given here and ask for a little help relaxing before they take you in for surgery. If you're like me, they'll wheel you in, tell you that you'll feel "a bee sting" (which I didn't, by the way) and the next thing you know it will be all over. Shoot, I don't remember much even about being in the hospital! What I do remember is the pain before -- because it's coming back to me in the other hip, so I'm thinking about doing the whole thing again. And I'm the world's biggest wimp!
 
Cookie42 sorry to hear about your other hip, but I'd have it done in a heartbeat if I were you---and I have OA in the other one, so that day may come.

Joeski, sending all the serene thoughts I can muster for you on your last day with a painful hip. In less than 48 hours, you'll be walking around on your new one, with no bone on bone pain. I liked when they told me "you're going to feel a little sleepy" and I woke up hours later in recovery.

This image of my kayak (and feet) on Blackwater Creek is about as serene as I can picture:
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
 
Joeski I KNEW that!! LOL I knew when your date was. I just didn't know what date I was experiencing as I posted:rotfl: Sorry, I see I set off quite the flurry of well wishes for the wrong day. Anyway, you're there now. Maybe even it's over!!!!!! :) chris
 
Joeski.....? Did you sleep all day, or have you left the country?

What time is your surgery? We're in the same time zone, so I want to send positive thoughts and fervent prayers your way just at the appropriate time.

I, on the other hand tomorrow morning, will be paddling an aluminum canoe in gusty winds, trying not to run over snorkelers who are capturing turtles for our fresh water turtle survey. And it will be 39 degrees tomorrow morning, too, and the turtles will be large and not happy, so spare a prayer for Sissy, too! THR might be preferable.

This time tomorrow, your surgery, your anxiety, and all the years of waiting will be over.

I wish for you a good night's sleep, complete confidence in your surgeon and OR team, and the courage to take all the meds they offer, even if you don't think you need them.

And if you don't post just as soon as you can----we're coming after you!
 
Joeski, so one more wake up and you will be on your way to a brand new you and your shiny new bionic parts! We're all pulling for you and wishing you the best. Good luck to your doc (and you , but remember you're just along for the ride). Your work begins once he's finished his part. It's been great watching your transformation and I imagine you'll be excited and hard to contain once it's all done and you're back to your old antics! Sleep well and let everything fall into place. Don't hesitate to ask for things while you're at the hospital if you need them. Somehow I don't think you'll be shy about it! :)



[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
 
Hi Joe

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow! You've made it! :happydance: once you get to the hospital it's usually all go, so you won't have much time to worry about anything.

Best wishes
Diane
 
Joeski, good luck.. We will be waiting on the recovery side for you :)
 
Hi Joe, thinking of you today as you face your last day of waiting. Rest & relax, do something that you enjoy (if you can), like watch a movie, or have your favourite take-out. Tomorrow is going to come, just take some deep breaths and go with the flow. Best wishes for tomorrow, we are cheering you on and look forward to catching up with you on the long awaited "other side". When you see the anaesthetist, if he doesn't offer, ask for something for the nerves, it's best thing I did. :)
Thank you so much you fabulous octopus you! I took your advice & watched a movie & a half and ate whole lot of Chinese take out since I won't be able to eat for a long while. I'm thinking 24 hours or something like that. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll be asking for something for my nerves 1st thing. My son said he's going to steal my car keys, & clothes so if I did try to chicken out it won't be easy.
 
So tomorrow is The Day? You'd be in a minority if you were not nervous, I think. Take the advice you've been given here and ask for a little help relaxing before they take you in for surgery. If you're like me, they'll wheel you in, tell you that you'll feel "a bee sting" (which I didn't, by the way) and the next thing you know it will be all over. Shoot, I don't remember much even about being in the hospital! What I do remember is the pain before -- because it's coming back to me in the other hip, so I'm thinking about doing the whole thing again. And I'm the world's biggest wimp!
Hi Cookie42, Yes it is. Thank you for your advise. I'm sorry to read your other hip is being trouble. I think you proved your not the world's biggest wimp. You fixed one hip & will fix that other hip to. Have a great day.
 
Cookie42 sorry to hear about your other hip, but I'd have it done in a heartbeat if I were you---and I have OA in the other one, so that day may come.

Joeski, sending all the serene thoughts I can muster for you on your last day with a painful hip. In less than 48 hours, you'll be walking around on your new one, with no bone on bone pain. I liked when they told me "you're going to feel a little sleepy" and I woke up hours later in recovery.

This image of my kayak (and feet) on Blackwater Creek is about as serene as I can picture:
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
sissy46, that is an unreal photo. So good & serene. Up here in PA we had snow yesterday covering everything. Sure it melted but yuk it's still that cold. Any chance of gators around where you took that photo? And thank you so much for your post once again.
 
Joeski I KNEW that!! LOL I knew when your date was. I just didn't know what date I was experiencing as I posted:rotfl: Sorry, I see I set off quite the flurry of well wishes for the wrong day. Anyway, you're there now. Maybe even it's over!!!!!! :) chris
No problem at all LOL. I'm thinking by 1 PM I'll be done. Thank you for your post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom