Well I discovered the importance of not letting pain control lapse. I was trying to increase the interval for the Dilaudid and rely more on icing and OTC meds but woke up night before last at about 4:00 AM in considerable urgent pain. The Ossur Cold Rush had warmed up and my last pain meds were mid evening the night before. My wife quickly got the icing machine topped off while I popped 6mg of Dilaudid and 30 minutes later the pain had receded to the point I could sleep. We set an alarm for 3:00 AM last night which avoided this gap. I guess welll see where I am in a week before we try to drop this step.
The knee is still quite stuff though not overly swollen. I was given a long list of post-discharge exercises. I’m finding some of them painful so have listened to the voices on this board and moderated the routine to keep the pain tolerable. Hopefully I’m not hindering my ROM recovery by doing that... it’s hard not to have that running through ones head.
The knee is still quite stuff though not overly swollen. I was given a long list of post-discharge exercises. I’m finding some of them painful so have listened to the voices on this board and moderated the routine to keep the pain tolerable. Hopefully I’m not hindering my ROM recovery by doing that... it’s hard not to have that running through ones head.
Canada

. She was mostly correct, but it took a good week to get off the walker 100%. First, I was simply too tired around 6 PM to walk normally, so back to the walker I went or limp terribly and aggravate my hip. I also noticed if I woke up in the middle of night and needed the restroom (which 2-3 times a night is my normal!!), I was WAY too stiff to walk normally without help. I definitely needed the walker each time.
some old screws left over from an old broken leg repair so maybe I have some extra healing to deal with. I wish I could be confident that the flexion will come as it has for others here, but our minds can be cruel to us when we’re laying awake in pain at night, hour after hour, and imagining that it may never improve.