Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Do nothing Sunday but rest those knees of yours.
 
Another long day at work today. I worked from 6am to 5pm today. it's been hard working without 2 days off in a row in the last few weeks. I'm off again tomorrow but then right back in on Wednesday. I've worked the last 3 Saturdays in a row. This Saturday is my birthday. I'll be 62 years young. I'm celebrating on both Saturday and Sunday with different members of my family.

My knee continues to swell as long as my lower leg. Rusty just aches. Between the 2 of them I still can't sleep comfortably in my bed because each knee wants to be in a different position and then my back starts hurting too.
 
Have a happy birthday on Saturday. I hope you get to enjoy it with your daughters.
 
Have a great birthday! I hope your daughters are doing well and you enjoy the weekend.
 
Today was my 1 year anniversary with my current company. I'm celebrating a birthday weekend. Saturday with my Aunt and my sister since my ex decided to get married on my birthday. I wanted to go as my youngest daughter's date. :loll: Sunday we will all have brunch together. I'm just glad I have the whole weekend off.

I keep trying to decide when would be best to get Rusty replaced. I'm just so confused about the timing between my daughters, work and also Rusty. My next appointment is the end of January and I want to know by then what I want to do.
 
Happy Birthday! I've been reading your story since your revision as my TKR will be cementless. You are sure a trooper with all those work hours and being on your feet! I don't know if your OS told you this or not (and I read where Josephine said it can take 12 weeks for the bone growth), but my OS said with the porous implant surface (cementless) I would feel achy for longer than others with the cement. He said, just don't get discouraged when the seniors are doing laps around you at PT or after.
:flwrysmile: Enjoy Your Day!
 
Happy Birthday, Marian! I hope it's been a pain free weekend!
 
Spent Saturday with my aunt and sister at a local casino (my aunt loves them as much as my mom did). We had a nice dinner at a Steak house within the building. We then came back to my town and my aunt and sister stayed at a local hotel. Two of my daughters and one son-in-law came to stay overnight after the big wedding. They all said it was the worse day in their life. Too much drinking and their father and and his relatives were all annoying and loud. On Sunday we met my other daughter and son-in-law and had a nice brunch with everyone. it was a long weekend.

Today the nurse who was supposed to come in at6am didn't show. My boss was contacted and she got there over 90 minutes late making all the patients late and throwing off the whole day. My boss called me to come in earlier than scheduled. so I worked over 12 hours today. Both knees are swollen tonight. I have them elevated but I'm too cold now to ice them. My back is stiff too. I guess hitting 62 means I'm getting older and I should expect that.
 
I'm not surprised your knees are swollen, Marian. I hope you can rest tomorrow.

You need the income, I know, but your job sounds like a hard way to earn money.
 
Sounds like you need an electric throw. When I was recovering during that cooooold winter I'd ice my knee while covered with my electric throw turned up to high!
 
Sounds like you need an electric throw. When I was recovering during that cooooold winter I'd ice my knee while covered with my electric throw turned up to high!
I have an electric mattress heater that is wonderful---those blankets, too, can get the job done quite nicely!
 
@KarriB An electric throw sounds like a good idea. Maybe Santa will bring me one if I ask for it!

Rusty has been complaining more again. The cortisone injection only last about 2 weeks. I'm off tomorrow but I'm working both Friday and Saturday. My boss had me come in early 2 days this week. I'm going to try to see if he will let me leave early on Friday once the other nurse arrives.
 
Hi Marian,
I always get a laugh reading your posts...especially about the big family wedding :snork: I'v been to a few just like that :heehee:
I hope you find out about a surgery date for Rusty at your next appt... you are such a trooper, but I think you work way way too much, please take it easy if you can:console2:
 
:yes!: The third nurse is back from her injury!!!! She was out for three months after falling at work and breaking her arm. She had to have surgery and used the same ortho group the OS that did my revision is part of. Since she is back I can work 3 days a week. With my job the company considers you to be full time if you work at least 30 hours a week. I get paid by the hour though but that is enough to make ends meet. I worked 46 hours last week and it actually made me feel sick.

I still can't get comfortable in my bed. I periodically try it again but currently it's Rusty that complains the most. I toss and turn. I have tried bringing ice packs for him and all kinds of pillow arrangements without finding one that helps. I have 2 body pillows and 6 other pillows of varying shapes and sizes. :bored: Of course then you have to add at least one dog too. I will try again this Friday when I don't need to a anywhere until Monday.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom