Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

What a day you had! But, it sounds like it ended good. Did you ever find out what's wrong with your car?
How was your Christmas?
 
You had a Murphy's Law day on steroids! Glad everything worked out in the end. You are less than 2 weeks out from your well deserved cruise, have a wonderful time!
 
But you found your earrings, your phone and are home in pjs. Jan. 7th will be here before you know it.
 
Drove my car around today and I had no problems at all. The dealership said that unless the car was still not working correctly they wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it. I'm hoping that the low gas level in the car may have caused the problem. I don't think I'll let my daughter drive my car again without asking her how much gas was left in it. I usually try to at least have half a tank especially since the weather can get very bad in the winter.

My old knee is aching more every day. I did very little today but it is still sore. It seems kind of strange here now. There has been family here including 6 dogs ranging in size from 6 to 80 lbs. It's very quiet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Always strange after everyone heads home. Ashley left this morning, but Drew's birthday is Thursday, so we have more partying and gift giving.
 
I was thinking that maybe my old knee was going to be alright and I found at differently this morning. Had a long walk throughout Philadelphia airport. My daughter was walking quickly. The old knee just could not keep up. I guess it's time. Now I'm ready to board my plane for my cruise!:yes!::capn:
 
Have fun, Marian and enjoy your time with your daughter!
 
Have a wonderful time on your cruise, Marian.
 
I'm back from my cruise. We had beautiful weather the entire trip. I returned back to PA and had to drive home through snow and freezing rain. My three smal dogs were happy to see me. I don't think they are going to leave me alone until I go back to work on Tuesday.

Before I left I had been thinking that I could put off getting my old knee replaced but I was in pain almost constantly on my trip. It was hard to keep up with everyone and difficult to fall asleep. I will see my OS this Thursday and I'll try to plan my surgery after April 15th. My TKR knee did just fine. Yes it swelled up but it worked just fine. It's definitely much stronger than the other one.

I found out that the dialysis clinic where I work has suffered water damage from a burst pipe from the office above us. We will be sharing a nearby facility and working their off hours to get our patients in for their treatments. We may have to do this for up to 2months. It will mean working much later than we do now in the day. We will have to see how this goes. I need to get back to my facility to pick up my work shoes and stethoscope. I'm not sure how that will work.
 
@KarriB Im still not sure how the schedule is going to work out. Right now I know I'm supposed to be there at 6 am Tuesday. We are just doing work schedules a couple a days at a time. I hope my facility is fast tracked for repairs.
 
@Josephine I have a question. During my 8 day trip on my cruise both of my knees swelled as well as my lower leg down through my foot. I did a couple of miles walking a day plus swimming. I always find I'm engaging more muscles while the ship was moving just to keep my balance. I did quite a number of steps a day too. My old knee ached almost the whole time. Since the swelling went down into my feet do you think a visit to my GP is warranted? I have no cardiac nor circulation problems.
 
If it reassures you, then do so. But I cannot think of any reason it should be a problem.
 
Ok, I made the big decision. My new knee is now 10 months old and doing well. The old one is holding me back. I'm having it done April 17th. It will be my third knee replacement and hopefully my last! I'm nervous and anxious at the same time. Between now and then I'm determined to eat right and try to lose a bit of weight.
 
It always feels good when you finally make that decision. Now, it's all in preparing for it!
 
Hi Marian @newlybionic so glad you had a great cruise and yay to making the decision for round two. I am nearly 7 weeks out and feeling good. Hang in there it's a good idea to get in best shape possible before surgery. I am starting to get antsy because I haven't done my workout for a few weeks and looking forward to starting again in a few months. Take care now and I hope they get your office done as soon as possible.

:tada::tada::tada:
 
Wow, I can't believe it is now 11 months since my revision. It's certainly been a long time. I've been on my journey with this left knee for 17 months. :tiredwheel:

There are a few remaining negatives. I have a large area on numbness on my knee and lower leg. It had been a burning pain after my original surgery so I much rather it numb. I still get swelling every day and it feels like someone has a grip on my kneecap. My OS has told me it will continue to improve over time. It makes some noise at times but I really don't care since it's less than before surgery.

Positives are too many to list. It's strong and is doing the bulk of the work. It's the first time in over 45 years that it has been able to do that. :dancy: Once my old knee is replaced in April there will be no stopping me then! :egypdance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom