Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

One girl has already called put tomorrow from work. I've been fighting this headache all day. I just can't shake it. Several patients are also sick. A few are even in the hospital from this. It really seems like a flu more than a cold to me. Lots of body aches and some nausea on top. I'm wondering if the vaccination had something wrong with it. I just hope I can get some sleep. I have to get up at 415am to get to work by 6.
 
That really stinks, I hope you feel better very soon, it is terrible to have to go to work feeling sick:bricks:
 
I've never had the flu shot, I always figured my immune system was pretty good from all my years of being with kids. My student teachers caught everything that came down the pike. Right now all the young teachers are getting sick, their bodies aren't prepared.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Marian.
 
I get a flu shot every and never been sick from it, my daughter got really sick one time after getting one, who knows!!

I hope you are feeling better today!!
 
Went to work feeling a bit better. Still have some nausea and a mild headache. One of the other girls ran out to the store and picked up some Ramen noodles that we had for lunch. I was supposed to work 6am to 2pm but the other nurse had to leave the building for a meeting so I stayed to 445pm. I have to be back at 6am tomorrow so that's another 415 wake-up call. I work until 4 or 5. My knees are behaving fairly well. Rusty just likes to remind me he's there periodically. I go from limping badly to no pain at all. There is no rhyme or reason to it. When I came home I needed to go upstairs to my second floor and I just walked up with no problems at all. I do hold on to the railing but I didn't need to pull myself up. Going down I held one railing and my knee had a few twinge bug I just walked right back down! That's after working all day! Amazing! There is a nurse who already works for my company that is going to be available to work some shifts at my location. It won't take her too long to get up to speed so then I can drop back to three days a week. My body can't wait for that!

I saw my psychiatrist this evening. Her 87 year old mom needs a knee replacement so we talked about Bonesmart and some of her concerns about her mom's recovery. Hopefully she will look through all the info here. She was athe a meeting for local MDs recently and she didn't realize until afterwards that she was talking to the inept OS that messed up my knee during my original TKR. I know if she did she would have said something to him.
 
Wow, 87 and getting a TKR. It's good that she has a caring daughter to help her through this. My friend who is computer challenged couldn't get on BS. She is two weeks out from a THR and doing well. She has to be on the walker for six weeks. Seems strange to me but I decided not to interfere since its been six years since my THR. I offered to help her get on BS but she didn't take me up on it. She is a great worrier and I know BS would help her like it has helped so many of us. I'll rejoice with you when you can work three days a week.
 
I'm so glad you're feeling better, Marian and that there's hope in the near future for a reduction in your work hours.
 
I worked another 10 hour day today. My doctor gave me a prescription for some medication to try so I can fall asleep at night. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. The substitute pharmacist wouldn't fill it because his computer indicated there was a contraindication with one of my other meds that the same doctor had prescribed. The doctor and I talked about what to look for if I had any problems. The usual pharmacist would have filled it because he knows me and that I am very careful with my medications and any interactions. So I guess there is no sleep tonight AGAIN. I was hoping I would have gotten some sleep. O well. They will call her tomorrow and I winter be able to pick it up until Saturday at the earliest.

I tried some compression socks today. They became very annoying on my lower leg where I have tingling and a burning sensation. As the day went on the top of the knee sock became too tight so I pulled it down once I left work. That area on my leg is really very annoying.

One more day at work tomorrow. Hopefully it will only be 9 hours, I don't have to be there until noon. I'm off Saturday and we are supposed to be having a getogether with the employees at my location on Sunday. I hope that it's a nice day.
 
So glad you will have tomorrow off. I hope you can get some much needed rest while enjoying the get-together.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I'm finally at the end of my work week! I made it through! I miss reading every ones threads and keeping up with what's going on. I hope I will have more time soon. I'm going to work 4 days next week but with shorter hours.

I am supposed to finally get my family room floor completed tomorrow morning. It's been a mess for over a month now. I can then get my house straightened out and my furniture back in place,

My back has been fairly stiff this week and I'm due to see the chiropractor on Tuesday. There was a new first for my bionic knee today. I hit my knee really hard on the side of a desk. In the past I would have said screamed :tantrum: but today all I felt was a small bump :SUNsmile:. That's it!! This is truly amazing to me because for over 40 plus years I would have seen stars. This is another step towards complete recovery. Right now it's just a bit swollen but Rusty is aching mostly from behind the knee. I hope I will get some sleep tonight. Nothing seems to help that knee feel better.
 
I can't imagine bumping your knee and it not hurting! That is wonderful! One of my kitties walked on mine and I hit the ceiling almost. It's still very tender to put any pressure on it.
I know you're looking forward to having shorter work days. I don't know how you do it. Working all those hours is awful. You are doing to good to be able to do it. Now you can take advantage of some time off and get your house in order, but mostly get some much needed rest!
 
Hi Marian I was just catching up on your posts, its so good to read your progress reports. I am also doing great with my bionic knee I am 10 months post op and loving my new knee. I feel your pain with your right knee my right knee is also not cooperating. The euflexxa shots have done nothing I have just started taking the mobic again to just make the pain bearable. I see my os on the 18 of this month for checkup and to discuss my upcoming right knee tkr. Yikes its coming up fast now. December 5th is the day. Have a great weekend and I hope your floors get done.
:):flwrysmile::)
 
Glad you are feeling a bit better and that you will have your family room floor done, and easier for you to navigate around the house :spin:
 
Floor is finally complete! Now it's time to clean up all the mess. I'll do a little every day.

@macduf387 Good to hear from you. My OS has told me that my other knee needs replacing. Unfortunately I can't have it done for the foreseeable future. I see my OS the end of the month.

Rusty hurts the most behind the knee towards the outer side. It just aches and aches. Driving for more than an hour is nearly impossible. Occasionally that knee will feel like all the parts are not meshing together and then I'll get some very sharp pains. There is also pain in front of the knee towards the inner side where there are bone spurs visible on the x-ray. This knee is like this from overuse since it did double duty for 40 plus years. Just think I'll be one of the lucky ones that will have three knees replaced!
 
I hope you can get plenty of rest this weekend and slowly get your house back the way you want it. Then you can totally relax!
 
Hi @newlybionic
Good to hear your floor is finished at last, and you can start getting everything back to normal. My bedroom's still not finished after 4 weeks, but if I ask hubby how long now, I'm nagging! He wanted to do the floor with two different kinds of paint :scaredycat:but at least we haven't had a disaster yet.
I'm sorry Rusty is being such a bother, it's very stressful to be in pain much of the time. My left knee sometimes feels as if it's in bits, I hope it will hold up a while yet, I can't contemplate going through another TKR for quite a while. We just have to plod on somehow.
 
My youngest put most of my family room Furniture back where it belongs and also straightened out other furniture that was moved in other rooms to hold all the odds and ends. I still need a deep clean of the whole house of the dust that the concrete floor made and was circulated by my AC/heating system.

I went out to lunch with some fellow employees and my daughter today. I was there about 2 hours and had a lot of fun. I only had a bit of stiffness in my knees. The bionic one is hurting a little on steps since I hit it Friday morning at work. I'm still able to go up and down step over step. Another new first today was trying to figure out how to get up from the floor. I figured that since my daughter was here it was time to give it a try. First I couldn't figure out how to get onto the floor. Let's just say I wasn't very graceful. I wound up sitting on a large dog bed after just sliding down from the couch. My normal way would be to kneel on my left knee and to use my right leg to get me up. My left is the bionic knee and when I tried to kneel on it I felt like there were shards of glass under it. :boohoo: I had about difficult time trying to figure out what to do next. I can tell you that I am not still on the floor! :snork: My daughter was able to help me get up. I'm going to have to practice to be able to feel competent. I'm sure I'll get it but I have had problems for years. I just want to make sure that if I fall or need to get on the floor for some reason that I can do it.
 
That is sensible, you never know when you might need to be able to get up off the floor if God forbid you fell or something. I still can't get in the bath because I need to be able to kneel and there's no way I can do that. Hubby suggested a hoist :scare:um,I don't think so...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom