Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I hope you got lots of rejuvinating sleep last night. And you didn't have to get up early! I hope Rusty behaves himself.
 
Wow Marian, you have had a couple of really busy days. Managing to get to work in 31 minutes after waking up late should be entered in the Guiness Book of records and then you had a very hectic day.

I hope you are feeling better today and were able to get some sleep and rest.
 
Ever since I got on the floor last Sunday and then of course I hit my knee twice this week on the corner of a desk my knee has been very sore and stiff. I used my ice machine Thursday night and I'm going to set it up tonight too. Hopefully when I tried to kneel on that knee to get up I didn't cause any problems. There is a plastic button on the back of my patella. I guess I won't be trying that again anytime soon. Rusty is complaining too and just as much. I'll grab an ice pack for him.

I have work tomorrow from 6am until 4-5 pm. I'm off on Sunday. I'll have to rest both knees to get them both to be happy.
 
Oh Marian, you were doing so well. I'm so sorry to hear about your setback.
 
@Josephine I was trying to get up from the floor a week ago (I didn't falll) since I wanted to practice it while my daughter was with me and I knelt on my knee for a second or two. It felt like I was kneeling on glass shards. Since then my knee has been swollen and painful. Do you think I have done any damage to it at all?
 
I doubt it. I fell a month or so ago onto my knees and it hurt to kneel to get up. (I can only get up via hands and knees). I was a little bruised and sore for a few days but then was fine. It definitely hurts me to kneel in general.
 
Not at all. I still can't kneel on either knee because of the same thing - now 7 years and 18 months. I've tried using a stack of soft pillows and memory foam and having chairs either side so I can slowly lower myself down but it's no good. Just too painful.
 
Saying prayers for your kneeling knee pain. I wish someone would invent sturdy bubble wrap slip-Ons for our bionics!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Marian, @newlybionic - I can kneel, although it feels weird. Like you, I need to use at least one knee to get up off the floor. I had to work up to it gradually.

I started practicing kneeling by doing it on a bed first, then worked up to kneeling on a pillow or cushion on teh floor. Now I can do it on carpet and, in an emergency, I have done it on hard asphalt. I will only kneel on a really hare surface if there is no other option, but I am reasonably happy about kneeling on the carpet now. I can't say I enjoy it, but it's a necessity sometimes.

Some people (like me) find they can kneel, but some (like Josephine) can't. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.
 
I was just trying to figure out how I could get back up if I had a fall or for some other reason I needed to get down on the floor for something. Of course I picked the hardest floor in the house.:nah: I've been lucky so far that I haven't needed to.
I just don't want to find myself stuck where I couldn't get up.

I've got an ice wrap on my knee right now and may switch to my ice machine at bedtime. It definitely is more swollen than it has been since one month post revision,. I've stayed off it pretty much all day. I'm working Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then I have a 3 day weekend!
 
Hope you get some relief from the kneeling experiment...it sounds painful to me! many TKR people say that's the one thing they can't do anymore besides soaking in a bathtub :thud:
 
At this point it's less painful to kneel on my natural knee to get up, but it still isn't pleasant. I really miss being on the floor. Weird, huh? I love to exercise and sit on the floor. There was video somewhere of a man getting up without kneeling at all, but he twisted like a pretzel and I couldn't figure out how he did it. I fell at the beach last month and kneeled, then used a chair to get up. I sat in the sand until most everyone was gone, I wanted no witnesses. I've decided to start practicing toe touches, but really floor touches because then maybe I could get up by crab walking. :heehee:
 
I dropped something behind my dresser and without thinking I knelt down, it didn't bother me until I realized what I did, lol

I hope you feel better!!!
 
I can kneel on a hard small pillow. This is important to me because I have to get on the floor for back exercises. I hope you can reduce that swelling before going back to work.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope your knee feels better today. Woot, woot, woot for 3 day weekend!!!!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@sheliac I only had a 1 day weekend (sunday). I will have 3 days of this weekend though.

I used ice all night it it was a bit better. The swelling keeps coming back every day. I'm a bit stiff and achy at the end of each day. I'm off tomorrow and and my three dogs and I are all getting our hair done. I'm sure we all will be much happier with a nice new do!
 
Marian, I hope your new knee heals really quickly and that the swelling goes down. And that Rusty behaves so you can have a less painful day.
 
@newlybionic
We had our 4 day weekend now. It was great not to have the pressure of standing/walking for an extra 2 days. Enjoy yours coming up and take it easy!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom