Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

So here I am at 415am still wide awake. It is had to go to work today I would be getting up right now. I just can't seem to get comfortable. No sharp pains anywhere but just can't seem to fall asleep. I guess today will be a totally wasted today once I finally fall asleep. O well.:bored:
 
Awe bummer. Have you tried either advil pm or tylenol pm? I know after a bad sleep night, the whole day seems like a chore. Glad you dont have to work today. Just rest, nap when you can, and hoping a better night sleep for you tonight

ZZZzzzzzzzz :flwrysmile:
 
Oh goodness. I hope you're sleeping right now. Getting caught up on sleep and rest is never a wasted day. I know you have "stuff" to do on your day off, but hopefully you can just do the essentials and give yourself a nice break from the rest of it .


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Back home after an 11 hour work day. I'm hurting all over. My chiropractor was closed for vacation for a week and I haven't had the time to go back to them. My lower back is once again causing me pain and it's hard to stand up straight. Bionic knee is very swollen and Rusty is letting me know all the time he is not happy. My house is still a mess from a floor debacle so I can't set up my ice machine. This floor thing has been going on for three weeks now and the price is now going to go from $4,000 to $6,000 for a vinyl planking floor in just my family room. Good thing I've been working a lot more hours lately. You would think my family room is some huge room but I can assure it's not.

My Yorkie goes back to the vet tomorrow to make sure her ear infection has cleared up. Her cough has been much better so I'm happy about that.

I'm not sure what I can do about Rusty. I can't take off another three months now to have surgery and I definitely don't want to be in the position where they would want me back any sooner. I'm going on a cruise in January and I know this cruise will be much better than the one two years ago when just walking around the ship hurt. You definitely need some sea legs to get around. I'll have to strengthen my left leg muscles more before I go.
 
I need to :sleep: after reading your post, 11 hours :holysheep:.
Hope your Yorkies ear infection is clear.
 
I need to :sleep: after reading your post, 11 hours :holysheep:.
Hope your Yorkies ear infection is clear.

Ditto, Pumpkin-!

Hope your Yorkie is free of an ear infection Marian. As for strengthening your left leg muscles.. keep your eyes on the prize- that CRUISE! That would be all of the inspiration I'd need!
 
Marian, I have lower back pain also, although I'm sure not as bad yours with all the hours you're working. The only thing that helps is using a cane. I never thought of a cane for my back, but for some reason it takes the pressure off. It's especially bad in the morning. Maybe try it at home when you aren't working and have a free hand.
 
Marian, I am saying prayers for you and Rusty. I can't wait for you to enjoy the cruise. I've never been on one, but hoping you will have lots of pics so we can take a vicarious cruise!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
I've had the opposite happen, where my right leg has felt much better ever since the operation on my left leg. But I'm not to gleeful about it; since this last three weeks is been filled with pain medications, I'm assuming that's at least mostly responsible. Also my right leg is getting the fun of lying down most of the day, and I elevate it right alongside the operated leg. So it's getting more babying than ever before. I'll post in a few weeks, once the pain meds are pretty much gone, and I am more active. We'll see how the right leg feels about that state of affairs.
I do hope you enjoy your cruise and your knees let up on you a little bit!
 
So I woke up today just a little stiff and swollen in both knees but no constant pain. Rusty is just sending out some pain signals now and then at the worse times. I've been having a bad time falling asleep but once I do I'll sleep until my dogs or my alarm wakes me up.

Sandy, my Yorkie, still has a bit of an infection in one of her ears and she was not up to date with all her shots so I took care of that today too. They washed out her years and put a medicine in that I won't have to put more in for a couple of weeks.

I had gone to the dentist last week to get a cap and it was hurting afterwards which I expected but it has been getting worse so I might need a root canal. I'm going back to the dentist tomorrow morning before work. There isn't time to do surgery then so I'll have to make another appointment. It's like I lose one pain and another takes its place e.
 
6 months report!

What I can do now:
Stairs like a big girl holding onto a banister. (Haven't been able to do this for 10yrs)
I can stand with the majority on my weight on my bionic knee,
I can actually walk fairly quickly (almost to running speed but I haven't tried YET!
ROM is approximately 130 and 5. My leg hasn't been to 0 in many, many years
I have stiffness in the morning and after sitting but it works out quickly.
I seldom take anything for pain at all as I don't need it
Swelling is finally starting to diminish
That extreme tiredness is no longer there.

What I'm still working on
The last few degrees for full extension
I still can't sleep comfortably in my bed:bored:
I haven't been able to find time to use my bike either outside or as a trainer
I have a burning/pins and needles type of feeling on the outer side of my lower leg
It's been there since my first surgery by my 'awful' OS. I guess it's something to remember him for the rest of my life. Thanks for nothing!:censored:


Now the question is would I do it all over again? YES while I had to go through the initial surgery and then have everything done over again it has been all worth it.

Finding this forum probably saved me from a life of misery. The information and the support of all the members and staff enabled me to have the courage to question my original OS, seek a second opinion and then to actually go through the surgery was something that I couldn't do on my own. The amount of fear I had going into my revision was only overcome with everyone's concern and prayers and for that reason I'll try to be here to help others in the same position.
 
Marian, I am so sorry you have a toothache. Hopefully, he can reset your crown and take away your pain.
 
Marian, you're doing so much - I feel tired for you!
I'm sorry you have tooth problems as well, now. I hope your dentist can fix that quickly.
 
I was able to finally go back to my chiropractor after work yesterday and my back is feeling much better. I'm off today and woke up with a bad headache and some congestion. I've already taken Tylenol twice today and I still have a bit of it. It seems that a number of us at work are all feeling under the weather. We all got flu shots last week and it seems like it could be related to it. If we don't have the shot we would have to wear masks at all time October thru March while at work. It seems a number of the patients are also not feeling very well either. This is the first time I've ever had a reaction to it.

I still have the tingling/sunburn feeling on the outer side of my lower leg. I asked the chiropractor who thought it was very likely nerve damage and he felt I would have it for the rest of my life. It has been there since my first TKR on that leg back in July 2015. I guess it's something to remember the inept OS I had for that surgery. Rusty has continuing to give me problems with achiness pretty much most of the time. It's making it hard to fall asleep most nights. I have to be to the point of total exhaustion. That whole leg gets sore too. The bionic one just swells but is really the strong one right now. I can feel a click in it at times and I am totally amazed at how this bunch of metal and plastic has made my life so much better.
 
Colds are going around here, too. It seems when school starts up again, the colds hit like a brick wall. I hope you can lick yours really quickly. A cold can make you feel so bad.
 
I hope you feel better soon and you don't get a full blown cold, ughhhhh!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom