Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Just think I'll be one of the lucky ones that will have three knees replaced!
Shall we start a club, Marian? :heehee: I already qualify.
Another new first today was trying to figure out how to get up from the floor.
I can get down and up again, but it's very ungainly. I can kneel on my newest TKR knee for short periods, but not on the revised knee. I think I got so used to getting up using my left knee (the newest one) after my revision, that I tend to still rely on it.
I remember very well that I couldn't understand why my mother would not get down on the ground, as she said she couldn't get up again. At that time, I just thought everyone could do it. Now I know better!
 
@Tabbycat, you should have taken your cane and bobbed your husband in the head! @newlybionic, you are blessed to have had your daughter help you get your furniture moved. The dust will wait for you! Don't overdo, you already have a stressful job.
 
You can kneel on your knee? I can't imagine. I just got up from the floor after retrieving a book from under the couch. Easy down, very ungainly up :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@sheliac It didn't feel very good to kneel on it. I did it for maybe a second and it felt like there was glass inside.

1well it happened today. I over slept and I was supposed to be at work by 615am. I woke up at 609. :alarm: Apparently I turned off two alarms. Usually my dogs would wake up :doggie::dogsniff::dogwalk: but they slept in too. So since no one can start their dialysis treatment until I'm in the building I went into warp drive. I live over 30 miles away on top of it. I jump into my car :driver: and heading there going well above the normal speed limits. I ran I to the building at 640. 31 minutes to get dressed and drive there which I believe is a new world's record!:heehee: Then I had one patient with an immediate problem for which I had to call the MD and give a very dangerous med which did not fix the problem he was having. I was behind with giving meds and finally was done and sat down for a minute to catch my breath attached 10 am. Then the state inspector came in for a visit to my facility for the next few days. So I got up and remindEd the staff of the letter of the law so that she wouldn't find any problems. She sat and watched us for a little more than an hour after inspecting the entire unit. Then she went to look at some paperwork and charts. 2 more patients had problems. Another 2 wanted to leave early. A family member was irate on the phone. I couldn't wait to get home!
One thing that I don't like to do is if I'm listening to someone's lungs or touching their hand I HATE wearing gloves. I rather some human touch. Had to do it while the inspector was there though. The other nurse gave out meds. Then an in service on additional duties for the nurses to do (both of us). At least I had a free lunch since I ran out the door without anything. I came home and just sat in the quiet holding my fur babies for about an hour before I even moved.I'm glad the day is over!
 
I'm still quite AMAZED by your waking up at 6:09 and getting to work by 6:40 and you live 30 miles away! You are, indeed, superwoman!
:wow:
But what a day!! However it sounds like you dealt with multiple challenges like a pro.:yes!:
Hoping you have tomorrow off.
 
OMG just reading about your day makes me breathless. I don't know how you manage but you DO! I hope this whirlwind stops for you soon so you can get some rest. Your facility is very lucky to have a hard conscientious worker like you. The patients are also lucky to have you!
 
Wow Marian, I don't know how you do it! I do a little bit of yard work and I am worn out. You most definitely are a superwoman. I do so admire you! I pray things start calming down for you really quickly!
 
I am in shock and awe at what you managed to achieve! You deserve a REST! (and a medal). You are a wonderful nurse, and I hope you are appreciated.
Notice you've changed your thread title, that is very positive, I hope the recovery doesn't stop until you are where you want to be.
Tabby xxx
 
Wowsers! That sounds like quite the day.

LOVE your new journal title!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Down day today. My knees and back are hurting. It seems like when I get tense I have more pain. Im.now sitting in the car dealership getting some maintenance done on my car and then some maintenance on me at the chiropractor.:heehee: My best friend had a car accident a few days ago so she is without a car and she needs to run some errands. I'll take her today. The only problem is everything is so far away. I'll be out all day. I think tonight I'm going to drag out my ice machine because me knee seems to be telling me to do so. I tried some compression knee high socks the other day and that was a mistake as all the swelling stayed in the knee a day the top of the sock became very tight. I guess I won't wear them again. I'd rather ha v e a swollen leg.

My main problem has been sleeping at night. I have great difficulty falling asleep which I never had before my first surgery. I'm good once I fall asleep. My psychiatrist is working with me to figure out what is causing the problem. We have been trying a few medications to find something that helps me. Hopefully something will work really soon. It's hard when I don't fall asleep until about midnight to get up at 415 am. I was bound to be late. I sent away for a new alarm click that will brighten the room a few minutes before my set alarm.

I'm doing just some heavy dusting in my family room today. Nothing more then I hope to be able to get some sleep. Fortunately I don't have to be at work until the afternoon tomorrow.
 
I wish I could give you a hug. You're having a down day, and very busy. Yet you took the time to support me. Thank you. I doubt people ever realize how very much a kind word or two makes to another.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Your down days are much busier than my busy days! Please take care of yourself!
 
I needed a sunrise alarm clock to get me up at six all through the winter when I was teaching. It's a much more gentle way to be woken up. I always said that getting up was the hardest thing I did every day! I'm sure I was a dormouse in a past life, I feel a strong need to hibernate in winter.
I'm sorry you are feeling down and achey, personally I think the sleep issue is crucial. I hope you can get some decent sleep very soon.
Tabby xxx
 
Looks like you didn't have a day off from things needing to get done. Hope you feel better.
 
I hope your next work day isn't a hectic as the last one was, Marian. You managed wonderfully.
But, do try to take some time for yourself. I know your friend needed help, but you need to take care of yourself, as well.
 
Marian, I hope you're able to relax tonight and get a good night's sleep. Stop and pick up dinner so you don't have to cook or clean up.
 
Marion, hope you are resting after your strenuous week! I'm interested in these posts about getting up. Before the operation, I had perfected a method involving a low footrest to sort of push up against with my arms. I haven't tried getting up yet since the operation. I think I'll have five strong people standing around next to me when I do! And congratulations on doing the stairs right without even thinking about it anymore. That's a biggie!
 
Spent 4+ hours in the waiting room at the car dealership. My car is 2 years old and to not void the warranty if something should go wrong I think I had to have almost everything cleaned, flushed or replaced! :oyvey: They did have a nice leather couch that I sat on and put my leg on. Well then I fell asleep.:zzz: Hopefully I didn't start snoring too. There was a TV on near to where I was sitting. As I was waking up in heard someone on a talk show say that they went to bed in the clothes they were going to wear to work so she wouldn't be late. My eyes were still closed and I laughed out loud after being late yesterday. :rotfl: I'm sure a few people in the waiting room must have thought what is wrong with that woman. I wasn't able to help my friend with her errands because I had 2 other places I needed to get to before I could get her and traffic was jammed.

At the chiropractor I walked in slightly bent over because my lower back on my right now is hurting instead of the left side. I've noticed that I have started limping on that side because Rusty is hurting more. I asked the chiropractor if that could be the cause. He touched the middle of my back ever so lightly and I let out a large OW. He massaged my back for several minutes and then did some adjustments and told me to go home but to keep doing something around the house for a while. It would have been easier to do if bionic knee wasn't swollen and Rusty aching as much as he was. I decided a nice long hot shower and then cooking myself a quick dinner was all I could do. Now I'm done for the night. I don't have to be to work until 2pm so I shouldn't over sleep. :alarm:
 
That's great, Marian! I hope you can sleep!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom