Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

OS has said yes to antibiotics for life but never prescribed any while the OS uses them sometimes. I guess I should send an email to OS office to see what they want.

@sistersinhim I've already put out about $1200 at my vet in the least month or so. I really didn't get off very cheaply. Don't bother coming up here. They are an excellent group and available 24/7 so I drive almost an hour to get to them. They even have PT, chiropractic care and acupuncture.
 
Oh yeah, you have paid out enough! But, they're your babies and worth it!
 
:doggie::puppysmooze::dogwalk:These are my babies! My Yorkie ( in my avatar) only comes to me when she needs something otherwise she likes to be by herself. She's 11 now and really doing very well. Her cough is much better and had her second treatment for her ear infection.

Thanks for reminding me to contact OS about antibiotics and dental work. I'll see what he says.
 
OS has prescribed a single large dose of an antibiotic to take one hour prior to having the work done. I have to pick it up yet.

I think I'm becoming to become a harder of cute small dogs. I came across a listing for a micro Yorkie and I fell in love with her. She's 11 weeks old and I decided I would add her to my herd. At full size she should only get to 3 lbs tops. I'm making arrangements to have her shipped to me from the breeder. Then I will have a 2lb, 7 lb, 10lb, and 12lb dogs running around my house. Lots of fun! It will a zoo at holidays when I will have a 35lb and 80lb dog visiting. They all follow each other around the house. They all want to be lap dogs too.

My knees are a bit tired. No make that very tired. Both are swollen. If I stand too long they swell and feel stiff. If I sit too long they get stiff. If I keep them straight they don't want to bend and if I keep them down they don't want to straighten. Rusty just aches a lot whenever I have to drive longer than 30 minutes which is anywhere I want to go. Nothing is close to me. I made a couple of quick stops on my way home today and I was hurting by the time I made it home. I had to get get dog food from the pet store, gas, food for me and then drive home. I was just barely walking into my house. I will get some ice packs out or I might even fire up my ice machine. Next time I get up I'll have to get everything I need for the night.
 
Aweee so sorry you are in pain. Hope you are resting, icing, and a bit more comfortable now.
 
Yay, nothing brings more smiles than a new pup. Hope she brings great joy, and blends in well with the rest of the pack!:dogwalk::doggie:
 
Oh, I can't wait to see a photo for her! She's sounds precious! What a wonderful way to make you feel better. She helps you and you help her.
 
Fire up that ice! I also found the $75 pretty amazing, until I read your follow up post. Even when I would take my dogs in for a $25 nail clipping, we'd come out $300 to the short.
 
@sistersinhim
I used to work for a vet who gave discounts if you brought in 3 or more pets at a time. Since I had 4 dogs, it was the equivalent of buy 3 get 1 free! Ask your vet or other vets if they do the same.
 
My vet will also charge you less when you bring them in together. Every little bit helps!
 
How exciting about your new puppy... I hope the knees get better!!!
 
I have taken as many as 3 in at once, but it's quite difficult for me. My vet does help me out quite a bit and automatically gives me a discount. She knows that I keep up all their shots and goes out of her way to help in many ways. I consider her a friend.
 
I'm about bit sad tonight as the paperwork was nothe able to be worked out for the puppy to be transported to me so as of now I'm not quite sure what will happen with the dog. Another person sent me an email asking me to take one of her last puppies from a liter since she just had to move. I will have to see if I will be able to do that or not.
 
Aweee im sorry. That must be so dissapointing. Is the other puppy closer to you, and easier to transport? I hope something works out for you.
 
Oh Marian, I'm so sorry you puppy hasn't panned out yet. I can empathize with you. Our pets are our children.

How are your knees?
 
I have work in 6 hours. I spent the morning at the dentist. Getting a cap on a broken tooth. I had to take antibiotics on an empty stomach and I've been feeling very nauseous and acidy. I took some meds for my stomach but it's not helping, my mouth is also very painful. So all I had was a small smoothie and some plain white rice today. I'm hoping I can get some sleep soon. Monday I worked from 10 am to 10pm and got home at 1030pm. I'm hoping I can leave a bit early tomorrow. I can't keep this schedule up much longer.
 
Oh, Marian, not a good day for you. Hope you get some sleep tonight before your very long day. You're right, something has to change.
 
I'm praying for you, Marian. You have more on your plate that would cause the average person to break. Yet, you always have time to come here and encourage us!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom