Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I am praying for you all right now.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Thank you all. It's very hard but my daughter is hanging in there. She was in the ER last night with her husband and I went with her to her doctor today. She had an ultrasound and blood work. She will have more blood work on Thursday to make sure she doesn't need a D&C. Her doctor is fairly sure that she won't. She had just told a lot of people about her pregnancy including her father only to now tell everyone she lost it. She was about 12 weeks. She is second guessing that she could have done something to cause this but I try to reassure her that she didn't. She was even thinking her dental cleaning yesterday caused it because she gets very anxious just going for a check up. She said she plans to try anot her round of IVF when she is ready. Her husband is wonderful and will take good care of her. I was glad I could help today.

It's hard as a mom watching her go through all of this. In the last 6 months she has been diagnosed with MS and fertility problems, endured hormone injections daily, egg retrieval, implantation and now a miscarriage. Of all my kids (all three daughters are wonderful) she has shown such 'toughness' for lack of a better word.

My pain and stiffness in my knees is nothing to me right now.I would gladly put up with it for the rest of my life so my daughter could just catch a break. A little ice and a pain medication and hopefully some sleep before work tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are a good mother. Your daughter needed you and you were there. Not everyone has a mother like you are. Your daughter is blessed. I'll still be praying for all.
 
I am so sorry to hear of your daughters miscarriage. How sad. I know the feeling of wishing to take her pain on to you, to make her whole and better. She has had a rough year and it must make you feel like your pain is immaterial! You are there for her and that's what she needs now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I' am so,so sorry for your family's loss...I know how difficult it is to see your child in pain, physical or emotional, she is blessed to have you as her mom!!!
 
Marian, I am so very sorry to learn of your daughter's miscarriage. There are no words that can ease the pain of losing baby. I remember her struggles with the MS diagnosis and fertility treatments. You have been a wonderful mother and supportive in the best ways. She has blessed you with showing you the strength that she has learned from you. You both are in my prayers for continued healing and comfort.

I don't get on the site much anymore. Ralph behaves most of the time other than some swelling. I see that Rusty is giving you some problems, but am encouraged to read that your new and improved knee is getting stronger. I ran into my PT and mentioned the swelling. He said some can have it for 12-18 months. Oh bother. Well, I still want to blame the Xarelto for part of it, although life is going along and I try to enjoy Ralph's recovery.

Stay strong and know that the Lord is always with you.
 
Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate your kind words and prayers. She's doing as well as can be expected. I do know that she wants to try the IVF again when she is ready. She's going away for a week on vacation so that will be exactly what she needs.

Due to lack of sleep the last two nights I'm just totally exhausted do. I'm off tomorrow before having a long shift on Friday to 9pm and then I have to be back on Saturday at 6am. I'm also working Monday, labor day. I'm working more with one nurse out. My company and my boss has been so good to me I'm trying to help out as much as possible. I'm accruing lots of PTO time and getting larger pay checks but I have no time off to be able to use it!​
 
I know that your employer has been very supportive through your TKR recovery and you want to repay any way you can but remember that taking care of your knee and yourself is just as important in not more, you don't want to do anything to cause a setback.

I'm sure with everything going on with your daughter you are probably not even sleeping an are mentally and physically exhausted...take care and try to get some rest...thinking and praying for you!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So very sorry about your daughter. You know, I think one reason why we all go through this, is not just for ourselves and our own lives, but to be better able to help with those who are dear to us. I know one big motivation for me is that my parents are going to need me more and more. I wasn't able to be of much help, with two knees that could barely keep me up. And I'm sure with your daughter, you need that knee, to be of such help to her. Best wishes for you and your family.
 
My daughter and her husband are on a planned one week vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. So far the hurricane hasn't caused them much problems so hopefully they can have some time to regroup. They are with a couple of close friends and their newborn and have their dogs with them too. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

My work schedule has been just crazy with one of three nurses out. I worked until 9pm last night and grabbed some takeout from Olive Garden because I knew I would be too tired. Fortunately I asked for plastic utensils with the dinner because as soon as I got on the interstate it came to a complete stop with no way to get off. I wound up eating my dinner minus the salad while sitting in traffic. I had a warm bottle of water. Eventually the road opened up (after I was done with my food) and I got home at 11. By the time I got to sleep it had to be 1230 or so. I was up bright and early today at 415 to get to work by 6am. So that's not quite 4 hours sleep. Had some problems at work with a few patients and let's just say as soon as I got home at 5pm my first stop was the shower. I had a 30 minute nap and I'm getting ready for bed. I'm off tomorrow but back to work on Monday. I don't even have two days off in a row in the next several weeks. I'm going to have to try to talk to my boss next week to figure out some way to do that at least once in a while.

Both knees are swollen but my old knee is throbbing with sharp pains. I think a pain medication is needed now to be able to sleep.
 
Marian,
I love the Outer Banks, it is a wild area, they should be having a wonderful time. You should have two days off together every week, your schedule sounds rough without time to rest and relax.
Sounds like your knee needs a little Rest, Ice, Elevation, and Medication.
:sleep:
 
You absolutely amaze me with all you do! I couldn't keep up with you even before I had knee problems. I hope you get some much needed rest.
 
I hope you can get some rejuvenating rest and sleep. You nurses are so overworked and underappreciated. I am one who greatly appreciates all you wonderful caregivers do for us. Thank you!! Now, get some good rest with less pain from now on!
 
How fortunate that you had utensils! At least you didn't have to succumb to using you fingers or dipping your face into a plate of pasta in the car. I hope your day is smoother today.
 
Greetings Marian
So sorry to hear about your daughter (prayers going out for you and your family).
What a crazy work schedule you have! what about your knee that had the cortisone injection? how is it doing?
My cortisone injection finally wore off and I'm in a lot of pain (surgery on my L knee is Sept 19)
I hope you are getting some sort of relief, or thinking about replacement down the road??
 
@Majella The cortisone injection really hasn't helped all that much. That knee goes through times when it hurts a lot and almost locks up to feeling okay enough to let me sleep. Usually at the end of my work day it hurts more than the new one. I can't have surgery now though due to a number of factors so I'm just dealing with it. If I could I would have the surgery now and just get it over with.

It's 7 pm now and all I've done all day is one load of laundry so I have some scrubs for the work week. I've slept most of the day away in a nice cozy pair of pajamas. My dogs are very happy to have me around. Supposedly the injured nurse is to come back to work in 5 weeks but I don't think I can last that long with working so many hours and only 1 day off every 3 or 4 days. I don't have to be in until 11am tomorrow. It was supposed to be 10 but I asked my boss for an extra hour off. This week I'm off Tuesday Thursday and Sunday. My family room floor is still concrete with my furniture in the kitchen so it's hard to even do and cooking at all. I'm hoping I can get the repairs done and my floor in so I can get back to normal. My little Yorkie isn't having asthma attacks from it anymore and has a vet checkup on Tuesday.

As I sit here now my old knee is hurting and I'm feeling the nerve pain I had in my lower leg of my TKR leg stinging and burning again. My chiropractor has been on vacation and while they didn't manage my leg they were doing my spine and that pain had almost disappeared. I hope to be able to see them again bug my insurance limits me to a certain number of visits a year and I'm not sure how many more times I can go.

My daughter and her husband are in the outer Banks of North Carolina and fortunately they are OK with the hurricane passing by. I'm sure this is just what they need.
 
Marian, Iam so sad to hear of your daughters miscarriage. My prayer is that the author of all comfort will hold her and her husband in his arms and comfort them as only he can.
 
Hang in there Marian...you are so kind to give others encouragement, I hope better days are ahead for you :angel:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom