Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

NB, thank you for your support in my thread. Your thread is amazing -- full of hope, and gives me a realistic view of what to expect. I've been unrealistic, I think (my OS said I would be fine to return to West Africa in 6 months-- that doesn't seem realistic to me, now, and I'm glad to know real versus "unicorn"!)

Congrats on the grandbaby to come!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Marian, haven't been on here for awhile. Now that I can do more without pain , life has gotten busy !

So happy to hear your daughter is pregnant!!! Congratulations to both of you.

Hope your feeling better better, wonder what that new lump could be. Hope you hear from Josephine soon.
 
I had a bit of a tough time at work today. I did my normal 10 hour shift. Rusty ( my old knee) almost completely gave out on me a I was in fairly good pain the rest of the day. The bionic knee being the baby it is demanded that I pay attention to it too. Both were very swollen when I got home. I've been sitting with the ice machine on my bionic knee and Rusty has a two gel packs wrapped around it. Besides pain in the front of Rusty I have pain behind the knee towards the outside. I'm hoping the ice will help me out because I have work again tomorrow for 10 hours. My youngest daughter is coming out tomorrow to help me move some furniture because I'm having a new floor put in my family room on Tuesday. I'll pick up some dinner on my way home for both of us.

My oldest is still doing very well with her pregnancy. In another week she will be discharged by the fertility clinic and will be able to see her regular OB/GYN. This will be my first grandchild. My dad is still alert enough to understand so I can't wait until she tells him. He will be very happy.
 
I hope tomorrow isn't too rough for you. Rest all evening and ice through the night. :ice:
 
Bless your heart, what a day you've had. I pray you rest and get plenty of sleep tonight and wake up feeling brand new.
 
Sorry to hear of your acting out knees after your long work day. My TKR knee always hurt on the outside part as well as behind. Turns out that was where the most erosion was.
I hope the ice helps. And rest.
 
I'm home from a day at work. It was like a Murphy's law day when whatever could go wrong did. Both knees aren't happy and are swollen. I already took a tramadol. If I need an oxy I'll take one later. I will get my youngest who is home for the night to set everything up for me. At least I'm off tomorrow. I picked up dinner for us and we both enjoyed it. Maybe I'll even get some ice cream tonight!
 
Hope your day off will be restful and uneventful Marian. Funny- yesterday was like Murphy's law for me here too! But I survived it as did you and hopefully today we're going to be restored, both mentally & physically!
 
I'm sorry you had two challenging days, I hope you are feeling better today!!

There is nothing better than grandkids, I have 5 and it's wonderful, being around them is the best stress therapy:)
 
I slept about 9 hours last night. I fell asleep fairly quickly and slept through the night!:sleeep: I usually try to not work two days in a row but I had no choice this time. Since I work long days I only have to work 3 days a week and use a couple of PTO hours to make up the rest.

My oldest daughter is doing well. After another week she will be released from the fertility doctor to her regular OB/GYN. She will feel more confident that this is really going to happen. All the ultrasounds have shown a steady growth of her baby. Eight weeks down and 32 to go!
 
Congratulations on your daughter's wonderful news, you must be so happy and excited. I pray all will go well.
Tabby xxx
 
What a wonderful night's sleep you had last night! I'm glad your daughter is doing so well.
 
Since Saturday at work I've been having a Murphy's law week (whatever can go wrong, will). I had some problems with patients and staff at work Saturday and Monday. Today I'm off and I was supposed to have a new floor put in my family room. Well first they needed to parch a lot of the concrete slap and it cost me an extra $450. Then once they do that an area of the floor won't seem to dry. They tried everything to dry it off but it's possible it's coming up from under the slab. So now I have a damp concrete floor in my family room with furniture now in my kitchen. They broke the toilet and they balked at paying the price to buy the correct color. They finally did and installed it. So all the baseboards are up and in a pile on the floor. We are going to see if it will dry in the next week so we can go ahead. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do. O well. If that's all that's going wrong in my life I can deal with it

My oldest continues to do well and that by far is much more important than my house. One more week and she'll start with a regular OB. Every ultrasound she has done shows the baby is growing normally. I think she's had four so far in a little more than 8 weeks.

My old knee Rusty has been causing me more pain each day. Between the workers here and trying to keep my hounds in my bedroom I must have gone up and down my stairs a half dozen times. The bionic one just gets swollen but Rusty has swelled up and I have pain of about a five. It's also refusing to work right about half the time with pain behind my knee and in front. I wish I could get this done now and be over it before the baby comes but it doesn't look good right now that I can. It's hard to decide. The cortisone didn't even help for a month. I'll text my OS and see if he suggests anything else.
 
I am so sorry you're going through all this aggravation. Why can't life be an easy street?! You have helped so many people and we all care about you. I hope you can get Rusty fixed really soon. It's time to get on with your good, pain-free life!
 
Wow the last few days have been challenging for you!!!

I hope things start to look up for you soon, but on the bright side your daughter is doing really well and that is great news!!!!
 
Maybe the awful humidity is keeping it from drying. Do you have a dehumidifier?
 
@KarriB I don't have an humidifier. They had the back sliders open and the humidity was so high everything in the house felt damp. As soon as the left I closed the day and put the AC on warp drive. I will leave the ceiling fan on while I'm at work. It may be wishful thinking but I think it's starting to dry. Everything else is.

I just going to concentrate on my daughter. I pray for her health and her baby every day.
 
Oh grrrrr Marian ,so not fair. House construction stuff can be a real energy drain. I know here too it's been very humid and rainy. We have a roof leak that needs to be dealt with, great timing huh? Can you take anything for the bad knee?

I really hope things improve on all fronts . But ooooo yeayy on a new grandbaby! That must be such a bright spot
 
I heard from my friends at school that the maintenance crew couldn't get the wax floors to dry in this humidity. The rooms they cleaned and waxed in June are ok, but the ones they just did look like a lake. Not sure how your fix that. These are the rooms with AC too!
 
Wow! How crazy is this humidity! And even with the ac those waxed floors aren't drying. It's so bad here I don't even want to go outside. Even with this humidity, we aren't getting any rain, and we sure need it. At least I don't have to mow the lawn that much! Every other week is working fine. I have done that twice since my surgery and as long as I go slowly over the bumps, I don't have too bad aftereffects! I'm so ready for fall!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom