Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Had a dentist appointment today but I didn't have antibiotics prior. Usually the dentist was giving them to me but not today. I'm a bit worried now about it. I hope I don't have any problems with an infection.

Even though I had a short day today (6 hours) both knees aren't happy right now. I've got to get my ice machine going but I just am so tired right now I can't get up to set it up. I had a very difficult time trying to sleep yesterday. I couldn't fall asleep for the longest time and then kept waking up every hour or so.
 
How miserable, Marian. Do you have any gel wraps? I use those when I don't feel like setting up the ice machine. They certainly do in a pinch!
 
I finally got up and grabbed a wrap for the bionic knee. I'm just totally exhausted. I better sleep tonight!
 
I hope you weren't overly tired and unable to sleep. Are you off today?
 
I'm off today. I got up a couple of times but fell right back to sleep. I slept 9 hours in total. I could sleep more! My oldest daughter called and I'm going to her house for a little shopping and a swim in a pool. :swim:
 
Enjoy that good sleeping! Have fun swimming. I'm going to ask my OS Tuesday if I can swim now.
 
It rained so no swimming but...

My daughter is 7 weeks pregnant!!! She is still taking hormone shots but so far all is going well. She sees her OB on Tuesday but the fertility doctors say all looks good. Her sisters have known for about 2 weeks but she wanted to tell me in person. Please, please pray for her. It means so much for her right now. She hasn't started any meds for her newly diagnosed MS so there is no worries about that right now. With the various problems she has gone through with the MS diagnosis, the fertility problems and having to try IVF she is long overdo for some positive news. She's not telling very many people yet so I can't talk to any of my relatives about it. Hopefully in a few weeks she will feel ready to do so.
 
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

What wonderful news!!! I'm sure she'll be more confident in talking about it once she's farther along. I'll be praying for her. Congratulations!
 
Congratulations @newlybionic on your daughter's pregnancy! How wonderful! My step-daughter had infertility issues. They finally decided to try in vitro but we're only going to do it once! They only had 2 eggs to put in her and one didn't look too good and they didn't think it would take...that was 8 years ago. Praise the Lord...they both survived and they now have twins, a boy and a girl who are true blessings and a joy in all of our lives! I pray all goes well in your daughter's case too! :loveshwr:
 
@Timetolive My revision has been fantastic. A twinge on pain now and then just swelling at the end of my day. OS says it can last up to 18 months. Ice takes care of it easily. The other one needs a replacement but cortisone shot has helped for now. With work and now my daughter being pregnant I don't know when I can do that one. I told her that I would be her part time sitter a few days a week if she wants.
 
That is such wonderful news...congratulations to you and you daughter!!!!!
 
I had to say the other day my knee was feeling great but now both legs and knees are very achy. I'm really in pain just walking right now. I had off today and I have off tomorrow. I didn't do anything to cause it but both knees are stiff and painful. Lots of muscle pain too.

On my TKR leg I have one spot that is very painful. Since this was a revision the stems that went down into my bones were longer. On the lower part of my leg on the inside about 3 or 4 inches down I can feel a smal lump. It feels like it is part of the bone and is very painful to touch. No redness or heat just a lump with pain. This stem was cementless and it allowed the bone to grow into it. Is it an overgrowth? Is it a ligament? Neither ice or heat helps. @Josephine what do you think it might be?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom