Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Marian, I'm so sorry to hear of the stress and long days at work on your feet. Those hours are brutal for anyone, but while recovering from a revision TKR? I can't imagine. I've had periods at work when I've had to work 60+ hours/week, but most of the OT was working at home. I hope you're feeling better today and have a better week next week.

I hope your daughter is doing well. The MS diagnosis must have been hard to hear. We thought my husband had MS and I remember feeling scared and overwhelmed (turns out he had didn't have MS, but it was intolerances to preservatives—especially sulfites). I pray she's able to conceive and you have the joy of being a grandma.
 
Has your two days off helped you pain? I know tomorrow is another busy one for you. I pray it's go well and that you get a full night's sleep to rejuvenate you for the coming week!
 
:dancy: I'm finally feeling ok. My knee is still not that happy with my since I twisted it a bit last week but it's working just fine. Worked from 6 am to 4 pm today. My phone told me I did 6,000 steps. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I am on my feet most of the day but I also do a large amount of sitting to standing. The heat was not quite as bad as last week but even some of the patients agreed with me and they are usually cold when on dialysis. I stopped on the way home since I didn't get groceries over the weekend so I had to suffer and eat at Red Lobster using one of the gift cards my daughters gave me. So now I'm here with my knee elevated and ice on it. My back has an electric heating pad going and I can't seem to figure out if I'm hot or cold?:rotfl:
 
Trying to keep up with everyone's threads, but for some reason my alerts don't seem to work correctly, so I don't always get alerts on the threads I'm watching. Anyway, I'm sorry you've been feeling poorly. It must be hard to have to go back to work after a TKR-I am so grateful that's one thing I've not had to deal with in this whole long mess. I also have a daughter trying to conceive-she's in her 30's and wants 2 children. Her problem has to do with PCOS, so I hope she'll soon get her wish despite the PCOS. All three of my girls have it, but the other two have had children already, so we shall see. I hope your and your daughter's dreams soon come true, and you find a baby is on the way.
 
I'm so glad your knee is OK after that twist you did. I hope you get a good night's sleep.
 
@lovetocookandsew I have problems with alerts too. I only get some sent to me. I hope your daughter has success with a future pregnancy. My daughter is 31 and I think she would be happy with one child at this point.
Since she's doing IVF they plan to place two embryos in the next months or two and hopefully one will take.
 
Same here with the alerts. I'm wishing grandma status for both of you ladies. I'll never be one except to some of the little ones at church! But, I am a great, great aunt! Talking about sounding old!!!
 
Marian, I'm happy to hear today was better for you even though you had to suffer through Red Lobster. :whistle:
 
I do hope your daughters are able to conceive. It was hard for me and I call my daughter my miracle baby. I wanted four kids, but had one and I'm so blessed. I pray your girls can have that same joy.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Like Paula I am childless and am a great aunt to two little girls. Having been a teacher I hope that I've made a difference in some children's lives. There are times I wished I had had children but most of the time I am just grateful how my life has unfolded.
 
@Floridagal I'm sure you left your mark on many children over the years. I'm newly retired (June) from 38 years of teaching and wondering how I'll manage when I'm not putting up bulletin boards and writing names on everything in August. While I have no children of my own, my BFF and her husband have shared their children with me and I'm forever grateful for their generosity. I have a vacation with the kids every summer, spend most holidays with them, get Mother's Day gifts and they came to school to help me numerous times. Children take up residence in your heart and doesn't matter where they came from.
 
We have such a responsibility to steer them in the right directions and to do it lovingly. My son was killed when he was 11, so no grand kids. Being able to work with children anywhere we meet with them is a God-given blessing. All it takes is patience, empathy and most important, love!
 
@sistersinhim What a heartache that must have been for you and I am sure some of the pain is still there. I lost a niece to a car accident when she was eight and it totally tore up the family. I often wonder what it would be like if she were alive today. It is wonderful how you help others on their journeys.
 
@sistersinhim I very sorry about your son. I can't even imagine having to experience that. All I can say is that you will be with him again.

All teachers make a mark on the lives of the children they teach. My father was a life long H.S. Math teacher. 4 of us children have taught HS at one time or another. I taught Math like my dad for 3 years when I first graduated from college. You can see how each child grows from the beginning of the year until the end. That's what I enjoyed the most.

My knees are not so happy today still. I'll be setting up my ice machine tonight for sure. I have a 'short' day at work tomorrow. 12 to 9 pm. Only 9 hours! :loll: I've been off today and will go to chiropractor later on to get the full details of what they found and a plan of care too. They will also give me some exercises to strengthen my core muscles. Then I definitely have to get groceries. I've been trying to eat healthier so I'll grab some fruits and veggies. Maybe a couple of turkey burgers to throw on my grill.

I do have a question to those that still have an old knee. It was just aching and hurting after work and I rubbed it with a big of pressure and the pain level shot up to a ten! :scare: It was in the inner side of my right knee and I never felt that much pain there before. I actually heard a crunching sound when I did it. The pain lessened but it's still there. So is the mild pain from my bionic knee from when I twisted it a bit a couple of days ago.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom