Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Marian, I used to lay on the sofa, pile pillows on the sofa arms, then put my legs up on the pillows. This was how I'd get the swelling down when it was bad, but it helped my back too. It should be easier than getting down on the floor, but you'll be elevating the knee as well.

Hearing arthritis in the spine isn't great, it made sense when they told me, but I'm just learning to make accommodations for it. Retirement will be good for my knees, foot and back! :thumb:
 
I was hoping your doctor would have a quick fix for your back! Now, it's down to lots of prayer! You got it from me for you and for your potential grandchild!
 
I had a long day at work (10 hours). It felt like all I did was run from place to place and patient to patient. We have to wear long sleeve knee length water impervious gowns over our scrubs and they don't allow any air to pass through. They come all the way up to your neck. Then I have a mask and glasses. Then there is also the heat of all the machines. My neck is burning. My back is hurting and my old knee needs another good talking to.:no-fin:

I've already drank over a half gallon of water today. Temps are in the 90s and I think the humidity is too. I have my air conditioner on high.:yes!: I'm hungry but after taking an antispasmodic and an Oxycodone I'm so tired I can't seem to move. :groan:

I've got to go grab something to eat. A bowl of cereal will work. I've got to be up at 4:30am for work. An 11 hour day tomorrow! Yikes!
 
I can't imagine having to wear all that stuff in that heat. That water is really good for you unless it keeps you up half the night peeing!:heehee:
I pray you have a very good night's sleep and rest and feel like a new woman tomorrow morning.
 
11 hours! I hope you get a good nights sleep and your leg isn't swollen tomorrow.
 
Hoping you're having a good day with lot's of breaks Marian! You're recliner and bed are going to feel so good when you get home!
 
I hope today's a much better day for you.
 
2 long days in a row like that would kick my rear. Reading what you have to wear makes me break out in an sweat.:snork: Hope you are off tomorrow
 
So today it happened. I'm not sure exactly what I did but it like of twisted my bionic knee a bit and then jerks my old knee to catch me from falling. This move also gave a few twinges to my back and neck. Of course both knees swelled up as far as they could under my scrubs. It was a sharp pain but it went away after a couple of minutes. It was so hot there that I I was actually dripping drops of perspiration that was going into my eyes. I worked 11 hours today and probably drank close to a gallon of water without ever needing to use the ladies room. I'm home now. I picked up a heating pad for my back on the way home and I'm using it now. I've got ice on my knee and they are both elevated. Of course I have a lot of fluids to drink next to me in my recliner. Two of my dogs have decided to sit with me too. The A/C is on warp drive. I now have two days off in a row! :yes!:

Next week I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday eleven hours each day. Monday will be a killer because I have to work with people I don't know. Believe it or not I'm still in training because I had to have my revision. Starting the second week I'll be the only nurse in the building so medically I'm in charge. That means I can stop all treatments if I need to, send people to the hospital and make sure the staff are doing what they are supposed to. Lots of things on my shoulder but I can handle it.

I spoke to my oldest daughter and they were able to grow 20 embryos. She's still not feeling well from the first procedure but she is tough. In a month or two they will do the IVF with two embryos. So I'm hoping that she will be ok. All this is very hard on her added to her newly diagnosed MS. We were talking about me being her part time baby sitter. Long range maybe I'll move back to NJ from where I am now. We will just take it one step at a time.
 
Oh no, Marian. Thank the Lord you have two days off to recuperate. And I pray you will get back to normal really quickly. Don't do anything you don't have to do for the next two days. Let your babies comfort you!

I don't know how you can stand working in that heat. It actually makes me ill and dizzy. I really feel sorry for what you have to go through to earn a living.

You just might be a grandma soon. I pray that everything goes perfectly for your daughter!
 
At least it seems you didn't go the whole way down. Working in heat is awful! That is a huge plus to my retirement, no more teaching in heat and humidity, especially in August and September.

Take it easy over the weekend. When I went back to work I did nothing on the weekends.
 
I hope you're having a :ice: day today. :)
 
:dead::swoon:Both knees are swollen. My back and neck are very painful. I have zero energy and a headache and my stomach isn't happy either. I guess my tiredness has finally caught up with me. I can't even move to go to the kitchen to grab some ice wraps. These are the days that I don't like living alone and so far from everyone I know.:sos:
 
I'm praying for you, Marian. I wish I was close enough to help you. But, I just can't drive that far yet! So I'll help by praying for you and sending you positive thoughts and energies!
 
I'm sorry it all caught up with you, but at least you have another day to recoup.
 
You do so much for others. I wish there was someone who could heap TLC on you! Rest well. Can you ever call in a sick day? You work so long and so hard.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom