Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I was sitting in a recliner watching some TV and texting on my phone during the wait. They will even provide you a pillow and blanket if you want it but they don't have ice (or cocktails!):heehee:
 
Marian you are one tough cookie, just finished your first full week back after a revision and now you are getting a crown on what you should be a relaxing day. Since they don't serve cocktails you need to drive yourself home and curl up with a nice glass of wine. (but don't to forget ice and elevate)
 
Well, that's much better than at my butcher dentist!
 
@newlybionic did you have to take antibiotics before your dental work? My OS told me that from now on before I have any dental work done I will have to take antibiotics.
 
I think the Recliner & TV were nice benefits- I don't get that at my Dentist's Office! Just some pretty pictures on the ceiling w/ nice background music! Hope you're comfortable tonight Marian~
 
Yuck, a crown! Getting old is no fun at all! Yesterday I swam 12 laps, biked 5 miles in a half hour and could barely make it to bed last night.
 
@uva55 My OS does want his patients to have antibiotics when you have dental work including cleanings. My dentist have the meds at the office and gives them to me as soon as I get there. It's ok with me I'd I take this dose if there is any possibility of infection.

@KarriB I'm very impressed with all you do. It seems once I'm home I just crash. I still have no energy.
 
Well it's been quite a while since my TKR, so I have plenty of energy (or should) to do things. It's just all in an effort to manage my weight. My goal is to ride 10 miles a day by the end of summer, I may have to do 5 in the am and 5 in the pm. Retirement is scaring me!
 
Ten hour day today. Once again my back isn't that happy. I'm home now with ice on my knee. I don't have to be into work until 2pm tomorrow so I'm very happy. I hate having to be at work at 6am! :alarm:

I recorded 5,400steps on my cell phone today. I did a lot of standing too. :tiredwheel: I wish I had somewhere to swim nearby that wouldn't cost me so much money and at least a 25mile drive each way. I won't swim in the lake in my development because there are snakes and lots of grass in it. We do have some poisonous snakes too.

I'm scheduled to work July 4th and we get time and a half so that's nice. We are also going to have a work barbecue too. Lots of food but no alcohol for anyone who is working.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to my oldest daughter yesterday. The biopsy she had a few weeks ago showed 2 benign growths in her uterus which were remove. Her MS specialist is letting her hold off on starting any medication right now. She has started taking injections to produce eggs for IVF. With any hope she could possibly be pregnant in the next 6 months. So fingers crossed!:fingersx::prayer:
 
Hope everything goes well for your daughter. She has a lot ahead of her in the next few months.
 
:prayer:Marian you had said it in Tabby's thread, God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and I truly believe this as well. And I also believe there are blessings in the trials - they grow us :flwrysmile: Maybe having these 2 uterine cysts removed will allow for a pregnancy to take. Praying for you and your daughter. Oh and get some sleep tonight you have another long day ahead of you :alarm:
 
I'll be praying that the IVF goes well for your daughter. My swimming and biking is nothing compared to your 10 hour days! I wouldn't be swimming in a lake either. Too bad there isn't a pool closer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Snakes are a no no! I wouldn't go near that lake. My pool is also about 25 miles away, too at the Y. At least they have me on hold for two more months.
I pray your daughter has positive results! Get some good rest and enjoy sleeping in!
 
So now it's 1 am in the morning and I'm still wide awake. Fortunately I am off until Saturday. I only wound up working 6 hours today because we were able to get some patients in earlier for their dialysis treatments. I still have some PTO hours so my boss will add some onto my day to make up for lost hours worked.

On a good note my knee is still swelling and enjoys being elevated at night. For some reason the incision has started to be sensitive again and I feel some stinging at times. It looks like someone has taken a dark blue pen and left a dotted line there. The scar was almost all pink and had started to fade. I have no idea why this has happened. The OS used the same incision line but a bit longer on top and bottom to do my revision. Maybe it's happening because of that reason.
 
Wow, that color change sounds strange. Maybe you should call your doctor and ask his opinion. Of course, you're still in the early stages of this year long recovery and could be coming from the stress of going back to work. Whatever it is I hope you find out about it soon.
I woke up to take a pill. I'll be glad when I can sleep all the way through comfortably.
 
Really glad you have a few days off Marian. The changes with your scar are concerning. Hopefully a few days at home w/ elevation & ice will bring the swelling down and improve whatever is causing the change of color in your scar. Hoping it's simply from adjusting to your recent increased activity.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom