Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Glad to see that you are having good progress with your revision. Lovely looking staples. Just keep walking and icing. Are you using a CPM machine?

As my date for my revision gets closer, I get moments of panic, thinking of having to go through the pain and rehab. At least this time, my leg will be in good shape as for muscles and tendons. I am really working out to keep them in shape.
Walking now, I get twinges and the feeling of Velcro tape tearing.
keep up the good work.
Larry
 
:chuckmarch:Has been making enough visits. I'm happy about that! I had been sleeping well at night but the last few nights I just can't fall asleep. It's really amazing how different I feel after this surgery than the first time. I was in so much pain with every muscle cramping after the first time I often found myself just crying all day long. I couldn't even sit or lay down for more than 15 minutes without have to get up and walk. Now I can easily go without pain meds for 6 or more hours. I'll take a muscle relaxer and pain meds as soon as I feel he beginnings of pain. With no nausea I can even eat. I'm on Coumadin this time instead of aspirin due to what the OS said was a longer and more involved surgery and yet I feel so much better. I can walk without the walker either using a cane or nothing at all. I'm hanging onto the walker though because I don't want to take any chances and take a tumble. I really have no bruising at all. I was so frightened going into this surgery expecting the worse and have been doing incredibly well. The funny thing was that I did wake up one night in pain and it was the 'old' knee complaining. I actually started laughing. One of my dogs are actually laying on my knee at the moment and the only thing I feel is stinging from the staples in my knee. :puppysmooze:

It is two week mark tomorrow and staples will be removed by PT in the morning. She'll put on steristrips if they are needed anywhere. I'm ready for a nice warm shower. I have a shower chair this time around. I remember how tiring it was to take showers last time.

I truly believe in the power of prayer. I must thank all of you for all your help. I will continue to pray for anyone
in need. I hope everyone has a good day and you are feeling better every day.
 
I'm glad you feel the prayers! I believe God sent you that OS, just as I believe He sent me mine! What a difference a good doc makes!

I couldn't shower for a month after the washout. Once I was given the OK my friend thought I'd get into the shower immediately. Instead I waited until the next day. I knew I had used up all my energy getting ready for the dr visit, the drive, the appointment and there was no way I'd enjoy that long awaited shower. It can be exhausting! Enjoy it tomorrow!
 
@larrykay No I haven't been using a CPM at all. Why do you need the revision? Don't let that panic overcome you. It's very easy for me to say that now.:heehee: Use this forum and you will find all the prayers and knowledge of the people here extremely helpful.
 
Power of prayer is very, very strong and it is very important to me too.
Loved reading your last post and seeing the words "I am not in pain". I am so happy for you!! I know how nervous you were about the revision but it is all behind you now and you are doing beautifully.

Had my first shower this morning and it was wonderful, the shower chair is a must. Had my hair cut so short just before surgery that I just comb it back and it is dry within minutes. No muss, no fuss.

We are early in our recovery but it is going to be great!
 
@Glamg1979 I also had my hair cut the week before my surgery. I asked it to be cut so all I needed to do was brush it!:heehee: I'm glad to read that you are feeling better than the first few days. We are both in this together and by summer I plan to be able to go for a swim at the Jersey shore. My mom used to tell us it healed whatever is hurting you.
 
Great to hear you are doing so well. You sound very upbeat which is fantastic. Keep up the good work, make sure you don't overdo it!
 
2 weeks out today! I had the staples taken out this morning. My skin had started growing over them so they stung a bit. I now have steri strips. My incision is raised up a bit and I'm wondering if it's because my OS used the last incision line again. Went through some exercises with PT and I have now advanced from the walker to a cane. I only have a slight limp but I have no stamina at all. After a small walk around the house I felt out of breath.

I woke up at five in the morning. I know I am really doing extremely well with this surgery but I still started feeling very depressed and angry. I am almost 9 months out from the original surgery and I feel like I would have been finished with all of this if my first OS wasn't so incapable and then just brush me off for months and left me in pain. I'm trying to fight off these thoughts but it's very hard. I'm alone all day and I wish I was at work and around other people. When everyone is at work all day I have no one to talk to. There's only so much tv I can watch.
 
Good morning Marian! I am so happy this surgery went better for you. I know it is very frustrating thinking of all the time that OS blew you off but things are better now...try concentrating on the good (I know easier said than done). My medical journey started last June..before that I was fairly healthy..now here we are 5 surgeries later with at least one more to go. Your scar should be OK, they used the same line on me each time. Thankfully I work from home because day time TV is the worse:) Any hobbies? Like to read? Things will get better!!
 
I'm glad to hear your revision surgery went well. Upsetting, though, about your daughter. My own lovely daughter is also dealing with a health problem- I think it worries me more than her! With all the recent medical advances I believe both our girls will do well. Take care and continue to get your rest!
 
Hi Marion. Think you are well justified in your anger, just don't turn that anger inward. Discouraging to think how long it has been but now you are making great strides!
You have a week on me and I wish I was further along like you . OS office just called to confirm my appointment for next Monday to get my staples removed.
I had a rough start but don't remember it hurting this much, so I have had a few meltdowns. As I plod along with my walker it feels like I just went through all of this and it is all to soon!! But this was my choice and lots of people don't have options!
Keep up the good work!
 
Hi again..with your nursing are there any CEU's you can take on line?? Just trying to think of things to occupy you:)
 
@Glamg1979 I'll have to check out that series. One of my daughters has Netflix so I can use her account too. Remember this is the last knee for you to be pain free. I know it's hard but you can make it through theses weeks.

@PegGar16 I actually have more CEUs than I need because of my new job but I am always reading up on new developments. I've also now I'm working on learning as much about treatments for MS so I can be of help to my oldest daughter who was just diagnosed.
 
@newlybionic I'm so glad it's behind you, and so sorry for all you had to go through to get to this point. I'm hoping and praying that the road ahead is smooth and short. I understand about no one to talk to and too much TV. I'm home most of the time since my activities have been curtailed due to the knee problems. I read or watch TV in between bouts of housework, etc, as I can only stand or walk for a short while before the pain and swelling gets to be too much and I have to elevate the knee. I'm taking a lot of Motrin, which is bad for me, so hopefully this part will end soon and I'll be where you are...recovering and looking back on all this. I know it's hard to stay happy and optimistic, but things will keep getting better and better. I'm glad the staple removal wasn't too difficult, and that that step is also now behind you. Take care and :ice::ice::ice:!
 
@newlybionic I am a woman of faith as I know you are. Try to think why God led you through this. There's a reason. I bet with the experience you've had, you will be used and be a blessing to someone else! He always turns bad into good for we who love him and are called according to His purposes! God has blessed you now and you will be a blessing to others! Please know that all of us here care!
 
The researching MS sounds like a great plan.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad to hear you're doing so well! You've certainly been faced with more than your fair share of challenges, and I hope things continue to go smoothly.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom