Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I agree with Josephine, it would be very surprising if you could cut them down so soon. We don't have this problem in the UK as family doctors are the people who issue prescriptions, and they know that you will need them after a TKR. You have all my sympathy, you don't need this hassle so soon after your operation.
 
I just had my 5th PT visit in 5 days and they do very gentle stretches and wonderful massages as all my muscles are starting to wake up. Yesterday and today I walked up the stairs to my second floor. Of course like a 2 year old but I've been doing that for years now. I had no problems with them at all. Next week I'm going to start using my cane. After my staples come out on Monday they will use steristrips wherever needed and I'll probably take that wonderful first shower. This time I have a shower chair so I'll be able to sit and enjoy the nice warm water. The temperature is 70 degrees out today but we are supposed to have snow on Monday! Very strange weather!
 
Sounds like your recovery is coming along nicely! You're doing much better than I was at 11 days out, that's for sure. :yay: Before you know it, you'll be :dancy::happydance::spin:again!
 
Marian, it is good to hear things are going along nicely for you. You really deserve a break for sure. Two year old get up the stairs too! It just matters you made it. Have you tried your bed yet? Yes, we all remember that first shower! How is your daughter doing BTW?
 
@Timetolive I haven't attempted my bed. I would have to move something to the bathroom because that 'throne' is very low and there is nothing way to grab onto. My daughter and her husband went away for a few days of vacation. They surely deserve it. Latest info on her test results are that she is in an active phase of MS and should start treatment now. We've discussed the various medications and the best currently is an injectable one. She is really afraid of needles though. There would be a training period and she would have to do then three times a week. I really wish I lived much closer to her. I actually feel guilty feeling so good post op when she is having to go through this. No mom wants to see their children I'll no matter how old they get.
 
I'm sorry to hear your daughter's ms is active. What will that do to her fertility treatments?
 
Sorry about that Marian. I wish the best for her and will keep her in my prayers.
 
Well I'm still wide awake and not sleepy at all. I am not in pain and I've been up all day so I don't know why I haven't fallen asleep yet. No PT tomorrow so I can sleep whever I can.
 
I hate that! I usually wasn't in pain, just couldn't sleep either! I'd lay there flipping channels. :bored:
 
I watched a lot of mindless TV during the nights, too. I moved into the spare room for about 6 weeks after each TKR, so that I didn't disturb my husband if I couldn't sleep. I had everything I needed set up there, so I could make myself a hot drink, refresh my ice packs (spares in a chiller beside the bed), take my meds, watch TV. Often, I drifted off to sleep while the TV was still going.

I'm sorry about your daughter's news, Marian. I hope the little break helps her.
 
Marian, your daughter continues to be in my prayers.

Ahhh....the sleep pattern does get interrupted! Sleep when you can. You know it will get better. How great that your pain is managed! Enjoy your day.
 
Marion,
So sorry to hear about your daughter. My cleaner's daughter was diagnosed with ms when she was 21. She has been giving herself drugs by injection since then. She has a daughter of about 8/9 and she works up time in our local bakers shop. Another friend of mine has had it for about 18 years, and although she is now over 70 and needs a hip replacement, she and her husband have run a very busy business for about 10 years and now live on the south coast and still do American square dancing regularly. Your daughter may get on far better than you probably all fear. I'm sure I am not the only one who is thinking of you.
 
This is my knee 11 days out. No bruising really present at all.

[Bonesmart.org] Totally recovered at last!
 
Nice picture Marian, glad you're on the other side now. Hope your daughter got to relax for a few days and gather her strength. I had trouble sleeping for a long time wit my first tkr. I roamed around from bed to chair to sofa all night long. Naps during the day helped alot, but there's nothing like a good night's sleep. May you have one soon !
I upgraded my tablet and it took me forever to get back on here, glad to see you are doing well.
 
@karol723 I usually have to call one of my daughters for help with my tablet, smartphone, computer, etc. I guessed I must be officially old. My parents never could set the time on their VCR! Lol
 
Hi Marian, sorry to hear your daughter's MS is now active. Praying that the treatment will be helpful.
I know you would trade places with your daughter but it is good that your recovery is going well so you will be strong when she needs you.
Nice looking incision!!
 
How are Marian? Pain? :chuckmarch:? Sleep? I hope you are doing well. Does the knee feel differently this time? I hope you have a peaceful day.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom