Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

:sleeep: Unbelievably I slept for 8 hours last night. I've been sleeping better since my revision than the entire 8 months post op the first go round. I did set my alarm for my pain meds but I slept right through. I was a bit achy and in a bit of pain and took some medicine and got myself some fruit for breakfast. I had PT again today. Nothing strenuous at all mostly gentle stretching and heel slides. She never touches my leg to force it to do more than I can on my own. No big worry concern about numbers for ROM either.

I figured out I am going to run out of pain meds on Friday. My daughter or son-in-law said they could pick up the script and the other can bring it out here to the pharmacy. I thought the OS office would give me some problems with it since my instructions said I could take 2 but the bottle says one. The hospital told me to take 2. Well no problem at all. My script is already there and waiting for me.

Everyone's prayers have definitely helped me in such a big way and I truly feel blessed. I hope that my prayers can touch everyone else in such a tremendous way. THANK YOU!! :loveshwr:
 
Hi Marian, @newlybionic ,
I'm glad to read that things are going much better for you this time. :yes!:
I can sense your relief at that.

I'm also very glad to hear that your daughter will be able to pick up your script for the medications.
 
Good news on the prescription! Sometimes we worry about things and they jsut seem to work out in the nicest of ways. Glad you are doing so well.
 
Marian, God is good and knew exactly what you needed! So so happy for you! :flwrysmile:
 
I've officially invited myself for a visit to the ODIC! PT has been coming out every day this week. While I know better than to push too hard I went ahead and did it anyway. I also was walking around the inside of my house and also not using the walker all the time. I've actually gotten up and forgotten to take the walker with me. I'm only 10 days out but I just seem to want to do exercises too much. I'm in some pain right now but I took some pain medication which helps. I'm sleeping at least 8 hours a night on top of that. The only thing I can think is that my knee was hurting me so much for so long that it feels so good right now.

I got a call from the company that handles my short term disability. They are questioning if this was a pre-existing condition which was something I had been worried about. I have some paperwork to fill out. I'm not worried. At the rate I'm going if I have to go back to work early I will. My boss was agreeable to me coming back part time so it'll all work out.

What I've learned in these last 8 or so months is that you keep the faith and keep working towards a resolution to your problems you will get there. I wish everyone else is feeling better today and is able to find their way too.
 
You did work hard to find a solution, finding a doctor that you trusted and had confidence in totally paid off.
 
I have a question for about reducing pain meds. Did you start to spread out the time between taking them or did you cut the dose and leave the time the same? I can go longer between doses but I still need to take 2 tabs. My daughter is picking up a new bottle of meds for me but I know it won't last until the 13th when I see the OS unless I start to come up with a way to slowly wean off them.
 
Don't reduce yet. You're only 10 days out from a revision and you need them. You should continue with pain meds for at least two months and probably longer.
 
If your surgeon won't prescribe adequate pain medications, can you ask your own doctor (PCP)?
 
I had no problems getting another prescription now. It's a matter of getting the paper script itself. One of my daughters took a half day off work to pick it up and deliver it to me. The pharmacy did have a problem with my insurance paying for them. They said I had too many tablets already given to me (60 the first time and 60 now). They filled it but it cost me $40 dollars for them. The US is going crazy about people not getting addicted so they make it very difficult to get what the doctor prescribes. They can't even put a refill on the prescription here in PA.
 
Marian, I ran into that problem with one of my prescriptions. I just had to wait two days and then it was all fine.
 
That's where taking 2 tabs when the prescription is (mistakenly--based on the verbal directions) written for 1 can mess things up--with the insurance. They'll say it's too early for a refill.

My doc had a whole protocol of sending you home with the "good stuff" and then stepping down to something less strong in a few weeks. But I spread the hours first, then reduced doses. But not until a few weeks in.
Let the knee be your guide.
 
@Timetolive The pharmacy told me I had already received my limit of 180 tablets. So far now with this refill I have gotten 120. I have no idea how they decided I already past that number after the first 60. I have never even taken this med ever in my whole life. You wonder where the other ones that I supposed have had received before have gone to. They wouldn't have paid for it in his calendar year!
 
My best friend has had this problem with pain meds. For example, the script was for 30 pills, but the pharmacy only had 15 and gave her 15, but recorded 30 because that's what the script said. It was a mess.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom