Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Oh wow Marian, so much for you to deal with! I am happy to read you will be taking the day off tomorrow (maybe more?) and you know the drill! Rest, elevate and ice ice baby! I am sure you are so sick and tired of all of it. :boohoo:
Very reassuring to get word of mouth confirmation that you now have the right OS :yay:.
Has your daughter seen her neurologist yet? Feel for her having to come to terms with the diagnosis.
You will get your knee taken care of and be more than ready for a sweet grandbaby. Know it is a cliche, but hang in there! Prayers :angel:
 
@Glamg1979 My daughter was diagnosed with MS for sure. She really doesn't have very many symptoms. She is not going to do any treatment right now and she is going to start fertility treatments to help her get pregnant. She actually is doing quite well. My youngest daughter is worried about me and wants to come home. She's so sweet but it's tax season now and she is supposed to work 6 days a week. If I can't get out to get groceries by the end of the week she might come out Saturday night until Sunday.
 
I called work to tell them I won't be in tomorrow. I'm off today and Thursday so I can do nothing until Friday. My only problem right now is that I had planned to get groceries today because I'm out of almost everything. I could order groceries and they would bring it out to my car but it's 20 miles away and then I would have to bring them into the house and put them away. I don't have anyone available to help me in the next few days. I live in such a rural area that no one delivers food either. There's no pizza delivery around here!:shrug: Maybe it's time for a diet!:loll:
 
Didn't know your daughter got definitive diagnosis. Guess that chiropractor that a lot of us scoffed at (me included) was right and we owe him an apology. Wow. Good to know she is not needing any treatment yet.
Do you have a neighbor or co worker that could pick up your delivery order? Would cost major $$$ to have a taxi pick it up, but that might be an option. Are you affiliated with a church and maybe the pastor can get someone to help you? Brutal way to start a diet!
 
@Glamg1979 I really have no one around me to help me out. I do have a couple cans of soup so I guess that's what I'll use. I'm going to try work on Friday so I'll try to go to the store to get a few things even if I use one of the scooters to do so.
 
I'm sorry to hear that your daughter definitely has MS. But I'm glad that she is in the early stages and doesn't need any treatment yet.
Guess that chiropractor that a lot of us scoffed at (me included) was right and we owe him an apology.
I thought that, too. He might not have expressed himself very tactfully, but at least he sent your daughter on a journey that led to an early diagnosis.

I hope you manage to work out some way of feeding yourself and looking after your knee for the next few days, Marian.
 
But I don't think a chiropractor should be offering diagnoses...
Do you have enough food to be creative until your daughter can come? Are there any friends who could swing by with a few essentials to tide you over?
 
Wow! You are in a rural area, 20 miles from a grocery store! Hope you're feeling some relief with resting and staying off that knee for now. Again, if only we could send a casserole via Internet!
 
Thanks all! I've got some canned soups and some pasta I can cook. I've been trying to stay off my feet as much as possible. I've also been using the immobilizer almost constantly. The pain is under control. I tried bending my knee last night and I keep getting sharp pains when I do. I have no swelling present at all. Im going to try to go into work tomorrow morning. No news from the OS office yet. I'll message them tomorrow and update them how I am doing and check on trying to get an appt even if I have to wait for a while. They didn't want to double book and have me there possibly for a couple of hours.
 
Marion, haven't checked in for a day or so, so I want to say congratulations for passing your course!
I'm so sorry to hear about the recliner bit. Honey, sending you a hug! :console2:
 
Hi Marion, So sorry to hear about your daughters diagnosis. Fortunately she is doing well, hoping it remains that way for her. Having a positive attitude can be the best medicine. Luckily you can be there for each other. Had a long day, exhausted right now. Didn't. Want to fall asleep without saying hello.
 
My knee was feeling better until I went upstairs for a nice warm shower. My knee and lower leg are now 3x's normal! I still am getting sharp pains when bending it too. I really have done nothing since Monday afternoon. I have work tomorrow at 6 am and I'm going to give it a try. I'll also let the OS office I'm still having problems. The urgent care doctor had wanted me to continue to use crutches and the immobilizer but I can't do so right now. If it stays this bad I will have to ge a note from the new OS if I can't work. O well. At least it's not the other knee!:heehee:
 
Marian, I'm sorry your in such pain and dilemma about work. When my knee finally gave out I couldn't do the grocery store either and depended on other teachers to get my kids places. It's a terrible feeling to be in pain and stuck. Praying something gives soon.
 
Thanks all. I went to work and made it through my day. I walked trying to keep my leg straight. If I sat or bent my knee I had very sharp pain almost every time. There is a small bruise on the outer side of my knee and also on the inner side. I'm home now with my leg up and in the immobilizer. I have 4.5 hours of work tomorrow morning and I'm off on Sunday. I may ask my daughters to do my grocery shopping for me. I hate to bother them though. I really wish there was some food delivery service here. I really miss living in a city where I could make a phone call to get any kind of food I wanted.
 
Marian, think back to all the times you walked the floor with them, sat up at night with them, nursed them, held their hands, kissed their wounds. Let them bring you some food. They will I'm sure be glad you called.
 
I made it through another works day. I'm happy it was only 4.5 hours.b I'm really tired getting up at 4:45am the last two days. My middle daughter and her husband came and brought in tons of food. I'm set for a few weeks. They wouldn't accept any money at all for them. They have been doing some things around the house for me too. I'm sitting with my leg up. I feel like I should be helping but anytime I bend my knee I get a sharp pain that feels like a knife jab right in the middle of my knee. It's very difficult getting into my car even though it's a small suv and the seat is back. It's enough of a pain that I just let out a yell every time. At work I just would nit my hand against the counter because it hurt so much. No new appt has opened up with the OS yet so I still am not seeing him until February 24th.
 
@newlybionic, I'm praying that you can get in to see your doctor really quickly and he can schedule your revision as soon as possible. No one should have to be in the pain that you are. But, you are so blessed to have family around that can help you!
 
How wonderful that your daughter ans sil came to baby you a bit! I just got home from NYC and wondered if I drove near your area. We were on 81, then 78.
 
@KarriB Im actually off of 80 which runs parallel to 78 in the north of PA. I've been out to Pitt many times because my youngest graduated from there 2 years ago. I used to live in NJ where I could get into NYC in less than 1 hour. I hope you had a good time.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom